PDA

View Full Version : *Official* AJ Does it Again Postgame

Chisox003
07-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Jose has a shaky outing, but the bats come through again....

7 Runs in game 1, 9 runs game 2....And suddenly, Pierznyski's, Uribe's, and Crede's averages are beginning to climb

Lets take the series tomorrow

Palehose13
07-30-2005, 04:42 PM
I loooove this team!

Now on with the trade rumors!!!

NSSoxFan
07-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Great game.

Down by two twice in the game and came back to tie it once and took the lead later. Clutch HR's by A.J. and Jermaine, definitely.

:bandance:

Chips
07-30-2005, 04:44 PM
:walkoff: this guy is great.

Good to see the bottom of the order getting on base as well.

balke
07-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Joe Crede with another meaningless HR. /teal

BigEdWalsh
07-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Nice comeback and AJ is on my Fantasy team and was my PTC today.:D:

Not too happy with the way Contreras fizzled but the bullpen held 'em.
:supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

Unregistered
07-30-2005, 04:46 PM
So glad to see the Sox come back and win this one after Contreras crapped the bed.

Especially considering the 200 page "Trade Contreras" post game thread that would be sure to come we lost.

Wait, that'll happen anyway, won't it? :D:

BeviBall!
And I love the killer instinct shown by Dye and Gooch the last week. The 8th and 9th runs really zapped the Bird's spirit.

whitesoxfan
AJ is da freakin man. Nice game for the offense, also we made Baltimore go deep into their bullpen. Let's hope they'll be tired for the next 2 games :D:

magic # 48.

TaylorStSox
07-30-2005, 04:47 PM
It's nice to go through their pen in the first 2 games. They're going to be really shorthanded tomorrow and monday.

The guys did what they've done all year. They played good D and got the hits when we needed them.

voodoochile
07-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Too cool...

:winner

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

BeviBall!
07-30-2005, 04:49 PM
They throw Rodrigo at us tomorrow and he's their Garcia. Should be a dandy for the nation to view... and by nation I mean Baltimore and parts of Chicago.

owensmouth
07-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Oh gawd, what am I gonna do til tomorrow evening??? At least it'll be pleasant reading the accounts of this game.

Bisco Stu
07-30-2005, 04:50 PM
The irony of AJ's performance is that less than 24 hours ago, on the "J.T. Snow Show" out here on radio, JT was joking how he was the "jinx" for the Giants because the players who previously had weekly radio shows were on teams that had winning records. JT said, "You know, like Barry, Jeff (Kent)...and our good friend AJ."

There was a HUGE pause before he made the AJ crack, as if to emphasize the sarcasm, and then the two hosts interviewing him Ralph Barbieri and F.P. Santangelo cracked up, the implication being AJ was disliked in the Giants clubhouse in 03.

I personally dig AJ, find him to be a unique character, as long as he avoids the knee shots.

Oh yeah, JC sucks and I hate him almost as much as the other more famous JC.

CanBuehrleWait
07-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Creeping back up to that .290ish carrer average and tearing it up in the 5 hole... gotta love it. :gulp:

owensmouth
07-30-2005, 04:52 PM
They throw Rodrigo at us tomorrow and he's their Garcia. Should be a dandy for the nation to view... and by nation I mean Baltimore and parts of Chicago. And at least one part of LA.

BeviBall!
07-30-2005, 04:54 PM
And at least one part of LA.

My man!

MarySwiss
07-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Game wasn't shown in the Phoenix metro area (surprise!) on Fox and was blacked out on MLB.com. (Grrrrr!) So I had to try to follow it on ESPN.

What happened to their starting pitcher? Gone in the top of the 2nd; what was up with that? Anybody?

TaylorStSox
07-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Game wasn't shown in the Phoenix metro area (surprise!) on Fox and was blacked out on MLB.com. (Grrrrr!) So I had to try to follow it on ESPN.

What happened to their starting pitcher? Gone in the top of the 2nd; what was up with that? Anybody?

He was Crede'd.

basilesox
07-30-2005, 05:00 PM
So glad to see the Sox come back and win this one after Contreras crapped the bed.

Especially considering the 200 page "Trade Contreras" post game thread that would be sure to come we lost.

Wait, that'll happen anyway, won't it? :D:

I have to admit that he did make me want Kenny to go out and get AJ after his performance today. Baltimore can swing the bat though. :cool:

skobabe8
07-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Lets take the series tomorrow

Too bad its on ESPN! :D:

TaylorStSox
07-30-2005, 05:02 PM
The only thing that pissed me off about Contreras was the HR to Palmeiro. The other tough inning was kind of flukey. There were 2 IF hits. One of the doubles he gave up was just a good piece of hitting. The ball wasn't hit hard but placed well right down the line.

MarySwiss
07-30-2005, 05:03 PM
He was Crede'd.

Well, yeah. I saw that Crede took him deep. But 1-0 and you pull your starting pitcher in the 2nd inning? I was freaking out; I figured there was some sort of monster trade going on or something.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, Taylor!

ndu3t4
07-30-2005, 05:04 PM
Great game today. The bullpen looked great, Damaso's great when he's throwing that 94 mph heater for strikes, and I always get excited when Bobby Jenks pitches. I heard Torborg talk about how Jose Contreras won 150 consecutive decisions with the Cuba team and showed clips of when he shut down the Orioles 7 or 8 years ago. I don't know if it's age or if thos teams he faced were just terrible.

Anyway, great win, and I thought the announcers did a great job. Torborg had a lot of good things to say about his former team.

balke
The only thing that pissed me off about Contreras was the HR to Palmeiro. The other tough inning was kind of flukey. There were 2 IF hits. One of the doubles he gave up was just a good piece of hitting. The ball wasn't hit hard but placed well right down the line.

I kinda agree, but Jose did crack under pressure. He Wild-pitched a run in. I thought the HR was a good piece of hitting by Palmeiro, he pulled his hands in on a fastball and popped it over the wall.

Edit: Also, Runs are always magnified for Jose, because he hasn't had the dominant performances players like Mark or Freddy have this season. But, the sox as a whole have given up a lot of runs lately.

owensmouth
The only thing that pissed me off about Contreras was the HR to Palmeiro. The other tough inning was kind of flukey. There were 2 IF hits. One of the doubles he gave up was just a good piece of hitting. The ball wasn't hit hard but placed well right down the line. And he gave up a walk to a .211 hitter after having him down 0-2

Buehrle > Wood
Great game by the offense, cluth HR's by Crede, AJ, and Dye, then Tad's 2 RBI singles.

Jose still frustrates me to no end. You could tell as soon as he gave up the second of those 2 soft singles that he lost his mental edge after retiring the first 6 hitters with relative ease.

Bisco Stu
07-30-2005, 05:05 PM

I used to live at Western & Peterson.

Yeah, but those "flukey" things keep happening to JC. I want no part of him in our postseason rotation, El Duque HAS to be healthy in Oct.

TaylorStSox
07-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Well, yeah. I saw that Crede took him deep. But 1-0 and you pull your starting pitcher in the 2nd inning? I was freaking out; I figured there was some sort of monster trade going on or something.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, Taylor!

Crede hit a screamer back at him. The ball bounced off his hand and they were worried that it was broken, so they pulled him.

Brian26
07-30-2005, 05:11 PM
We finally win one on a national broadcast! :bandance:

FarWestChicago
07-30-2005, 05:15 PM
We finally win one on a national broadcast! :bandance::?: Last I checked I was in the US and we didn't get the game.

Palehose13
07-30-2005, 05:19 PM
:?: Last I checked I was in the US and we didn't get the game.

Did they show the Angels game on you Fox affiliate? I was going to call my friend in San Diego and give her a heads up that the Sox were on Fox...but then I saw that the Angels were playing that Yankees at the same time. Too bad for her (and you). :(:

MarySwiss
07-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Crede hit a screamer back at him. The ball bounced off his hand and they were worried that it was broken, so they pulled him.

Gotcha, thx!

FarWestChicago
07-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Did they show the Angels game on you Fox affiliate? I was going to call my friend in San Diego and give her a heads up that the Sox were on Fox...but then I saw that the Angels were playing that Yankees at the same time. Too bad for her (and you). :(:LaLa Dodgers and Cards.

Palehose13
07-30-2005, 05:24 PM
LaLa Dodgers and Cards.

Well at least you got to watch Pujols! :wink:

owensmouth
07-30-2005, 05:45 PM
:?: Last I checked I was in the US and we didn't get the game.Didn't you hear? Central California was just ceded to Mexico.

shoota
07-30-2005, 05:55 PM
We weren't supposed to win this game, but I'll certainly take it.

Nice game AJP.

Nice pinch running by Gload. :D:

Tadahito had a good game too.

Great job by Contreras and Uribe to pick off Byrnes.

Good to see Hermanson back.

SoxSpeed22
07-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Long ball or Small ball, just score. Contreras only had one bad frame and that was the 4 runs, other than that, he knew what he was doing.
Let's hope Freddy can dominate again on the road.

balke
07-30-2005, 05:59 PM
*cough* *cough* NICE JOB CREDE *cough*

That one guy hit a good meaningless HR, went 2-4 And his liner off Cabrera's hand may have won the Sox the game

.... Okay that was bad taste. But still, he had a good outing.

owensmouth
07-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Long ball or Small ball, just score. Contreras only had one bad frame and that was the 4 runs, other than that, he knew what he was doing.
Let's hope Freddy can dominate again on the road. Yeah, and he only had an ERA of 9.0 for the game.

mike squires
07-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Today, I looked in the paper for the game time and saw it was on at 8:05. So, later in the day I was watching the ticker on ESPN news and saw the Sox had won. I messed up and looked at Sundays game time. So I missed the game!!! That's probably a good thing though cause I had family over and I probably wold have been distracted. Glad they pulled it out though.

Madvora
07-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Any new post that pops up on this board is going to be jumped all over today, especially one called "DAMN!!!"

Contreras was frustrating again, Iguchi's still awesome, Pierzynski is still awesome. You didn't miss anything.

hose
07-30-2005, 06:21 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050730/capt.bab10707302113.white_sox_orioles_bab107.jpg

BOOYAH

JB98
07-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Great job by the offense. We got contributions from just about everybody, and AJ has started to get it together. That's good to see because he's capable of more than he provided in the first half. We're now starting to see just how good of a hitter he is.

Contreras got some bad breaks in that third inning. I was furious with the walk to Tejada in the sixth, however. After Tejada hit the long drive foul, Jose was afraid to throw a strike. That leadoff walk is just not acceptable. I don't care about the HR by Palmeiro. It's the walk that pisses me off.

Mr. White Sox
07-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Those who deserve supernanas for the game:
A.J. :supernana: Obviously!
Tadahito :supernana: Had an awesome game.
Dye :supernana: He's on a roll.

regular nanas go to:
Crede ::bandance: accidentally crippled BAL, and 2/4 with a HR
Jenks : :bandance:Got squeezed by the ump and still looked good in a save situation
Uribe : :bandance:Looked good at the plate
Contreras : :bandance:Didn't pitch as poorly as the box score shows.

nedlug
07-30-2005, 06:42 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050730/capt.bab10707302113.white_sox_orioles_bab107.jpg

BOOYAH

I loooove pictures of AJ hitting home runs.

batmanZoSo
07-30-2005, 07:00 PM
It's nice to get a few more wins on the road. Man, we dominate on the road. And it's always reassuring to win two in a row against a non-division opponent. Not that it matters come postseason, but it just makes me feel better. Hopefully we sweep.

JB98
07-30-2005, 07:02 PM
It's nice to get a few more wins on the road. Man, we dominate on the road. And it's always reassuring to win two in a row against a non-division opponent. Not that it matters come postseason, but it just makes me feel better. Hopefully we sweep.

Big outing for Garcia tomorrow. He was great in June, but he has not been throwing the ball well in July.

RadioheadRocks
07-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Ok, I'm a little late with the dancing bananas... one of the downsides of working late nights... but anyway here they are, in celebration of another most excellent Sox victory!!!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

pudge
07-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Today, I looked in the paper for the game time and saw it was on at 8:05. So, later in the day I was watching the ticker on ESPN news and saw the Sox had won. I messed up and looked at Sundays game time. So I missed the game!!! That's probably a good thing though cause I had family over and I probably wold have been distracted. Glad they pulled it out though.

That is brutal when it happens, feels like you jipped yourself out of a game. Don't feel too bad though, 'cause anyone outside of the Chicago area probably didn't get it on Fox and hence didn't get to see it period, like me.

He gone
07-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Any new post that pops up on this board is going to be jumped all over today, especially one called "DAMN!!!"

I thought we just made a trade :?:

chisoxfanatic
07-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Ha! AJ wins it for us, this time with his bat. Pierzynski was a helluva pickup this past offseason. He's singlehandedly improved our pitching and is an upgrade offensively in the catcher spot. He plays the "win or die trying" motto to a T!

An honorable mention goes to Iguchi for being all-out aggressive, much like he usually is.

One more win, and we take the season series from Baltimore.

Yea, the Sox can't beat quality teams!

TimoandAaron
07-30-2005, 09:05 PM
I loooove pictures of AJ hitting home runs.i assume you like this pic too! :tongue:

:walkoff:

Optipessimism
07-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Jenks is really impressing lately. I'm waiting to see what he does in some tight save situations, which I'm sure Ozzie is going to put him in before too long if he keeps throwing like he has been.

CaptUSN
07-30-2005, 09:18 PM
In all the years (about 45 of them now - starting when I was 8) I'd never seen a Sox win... not at Comiskey, Fenway, Yankee Stadium, old Memorial Park in Baltimore or Camden... Today was sweet :D: - but Jose C. is as maddening in person as on TV. When he rears back and throws the hitter, they couldn't touch him....:angry:

slavko
07-30-2005, 10:00 PM
O's have been struggling and we're catching them at just the right time. They're good for what ails us.

Play of the game? When Marte faced Surhoff in the 8th with the tying runs on base and as he always does in a battle of wills with a patient batter, gave in on 3-2 and threw him a cookie, and he hit it hard but where Dye could make the catch. A gapper would have tied the game.

And I love a closer who is not afraid to throw strikes. Thanks, Hermy.

chisoxfanatic
07-30-2005, 10:07 PM
O's have been struggling and we're catching them at just the right time. They're good for what ails us.

Oh, brother! Can't the Sox win a game without someone throwing a demerit their way?

Truth is, regardless of this "down" streak the O's have been having, their offense can go off at ANY time. It's a testament to our pitching (minus Contreras) to hold them down, and for our offense to outslug them today in particular.

RadioheadRocks
07-30-2005, 10:17 PM
:twinslose

13 1/2 game lead!!! Can you dig it??? :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Mendoza Line
07-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Was it just me or did anyone else enjoy the broadcast team? I enjoyed Torborg's stories about Ozzie and the '90 Sox. Of course I wish Hawk was there for the AJ HR, but it was above the usual national fare by far!:supernana: :supernana:

Stroker Ace
07-30-2005, 11:12 PM
SOX WIN!!! YESSSSS!!!!!

A little late, but who cares.

cleanwsox
07-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Was it just me or did anyone else enjoy the broadcast team? I enjoyed Torborg's stories about Ozzie and the '90 Sox. Of course I wish Hawk was there for the AJ HR, but it was above the usual national fare by far!:supernana: :supernana:

I definitely enjoy listening to Torborg as well. His old stories about managing the Sox are a nice change of pace when we are forced to listen to un-biased broadcats.

slobes
07-31-2005, 12:18 AM
Ahh I do not like these Sox day games, I'm much more used to just kickin' back at night and watching them.
Anyways, good job AJ

TornLabrum
07-31-2005, 12:24 AM
:twinslose

13 1/2 game lead!!! Can you dig it??? :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Yes, I can. I've been waiting such a long time for Saturday.

RadioheadRocks
07-31-2005, 12:27 AM
Yes, I can. I've been waiting such a long time for Saturday.

... and every day's the 4th of July!

Bang those piano keys... and the bananas shall dance! :D:

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Norberto7
07-31-2005, 01:04 AM
These are two very nice wins after the rather "blah" KC series. Yesterday's was nice because it wasn't too stressful, just a nice bang-bang-bang win. Today's was even better, a game that easily could have been lost, but wasn't. Well done. After a little post All-Star game lull, it seems it is business as usual again. Which is excellent.

Lip Man 1
07-31-2005, 01:33 AM
Nice win but Contreras...ugh.

Six innings pitched, six earned runs.

Still time....make the moves Kenny!!!!!!

Lip

Nellie_Fox
07-31-2005, 02:00 AM
:?: Last I checked I was in the US and we didn't get the game.Amazingly, we had the game here in Minnesota! I can't tell you how shocked I was. I was absolutely convinced that our "regional" game would be NY/Angels.