PDA

View Full Version : Fire Destroys Conditioning Coach Thomas' House

nug0hs
07-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Not sure if any of you have heard yet, but our conditioning coach Allen Thomas was just notified that his house in North Carolina completely burned to the ground. :(: Thomas has left the team to tend to the issue as of early Saturday afternoon. The news article can be found here
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050730&content_id=1150576&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws
Lets all rally around Allen and help him out as we would someone in our own family...it appears that Ozzie is going to talk to the PR dept. in the front office and see if there is some kind of public campaign we can launch to help out Thomas so check back for updates!

WhiteSox16K
07-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Man, this year has sucked for him. First getting hit by that ball in Cleveland and that whole infection or whatever was wrong with his leg; now this. That's really unfortunate news for him.

bafiarocks03
07-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Allen Thomas, our trainer, his casa burned down! He lost everything! He lived in North Carolina!!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050730&content_id=1150576&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

nug0hs
07-31-2005, 06:30 PM
Thank you for repeating everything I said in the start of the thread.

The Dude
07-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Allen Thomas, our trainer, his casa burned down! He lost everything! He lived in North Carolina!!

Well hopefully you know now where Charlotte is located.:redface:

Terrible news, by the way.

Rocklive99
07-31-2005, 07:13 PM

It looks like she started it after you or somewhere else and it was just merged to yours

Infallible
07-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Sounds like the Big Hurt is getting a little venegence.....

SpammySosa
07-31-2005, 08:12 PM

At least she wasn't gushing over bafia or HeGone Harris.

mike squires
07-31-2005, 11:10 PM
Wow, it's a good thing hisfamily was in Baltimore this weekend. Could have been really bad!

nug0hs
08-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Update on the situation:

Helping hand: After a media member asked Guillen on Sunday for an update on Allen Thomas, the team's director of conditioning, the White Sox manager showed a picture on his Palm Pilot that Thomas had e-mailed. Thomas' 4,200-square-foot home in North Carolina literally had been leveled by an explosion caused by a gas leak, making it look more like the aftereffects caused by a hurricane or a tornado.

Guillen had just finished talking with Thomas prior to his pregame media session and said that Thomas planned on returning to Chicago on Wednesday. The plan for the White Sox players and all aspects of the organization to help out Thomas in this time of need still was firmly in place, according to Guillen.

"I'm going to talk to Jerry Reinsdorf about trying to help us," Guillen said. "I'm going to talk to the Chicago White Sox charity people. We might do something for him, sign some autographs, a golf outing, or lunch or dinner with the fans. "I'm not the type of manager that when you have a problem, you take care of it," Guillen added. "A.T. [Thomas] has a problem, that means it involves everybody. We're going to do everything in our power to help his family."