PDA

View Full Version : Randy Winn scratched from lineup. traded to _____

rowand33
07-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Winn was scratched from Seattle's line up, and is presumed traded.

Yankees have been mentioned.

JermaineDye05
07-30-2005, 03:56 PM
damn you beat me to it

patbooyah
07-30-2005, 03:57 PM
watching the yankees scramble for players is fun.

ozzie did just pinch run gload for konerko...

SOXSINCE'70
07-30-2005, 04:15 PM
ozzie did just pinch run gload for konerko...

Then AJ Pierzynski and Jermaine Dye hit back to back HR's
to give the Sox an 8-6 lead.2 Outs,bottom of the 8th.

Stay tuned.

BJ Surhoff flew out to Dye in right center to end the 8th.:bandance:

Sox-8
O's-6

BeviBall!
07-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Winn was scratched from Seattle's line up, and is presumed traded.

Yankees have been mentioned.

Cashman having no trouble trading. C'mon KW... overshadow the empire with a master stroke!

rmusacch
07-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Cashman having no trouble trading. C'mon KW... overshadow the empire with a master stroke!

I don't want a trade for the sake of making a trade. We could maybe use a reliever and a left handed hitter but reliever is the primary need. I would love to have Burnett but think he is going to cost too much.

Jjav829
07-30-2005, 04:22 PM
This is actually a fun game this time of year. Watch the games for late scratches and players removed in the middle of the game, then guess where they are going. Everyone is gonna say Winn to the Yankees, but I'll go out on a limb and say he winds up a Cardinal.

WhiteSox16K
07-30-2005, 04:25 PM
This is actually a fun game this time of year. Watch the games for late scratches and players removed in the middle of the game, then guess where they are going. Everyone is gonna say Winn to the Yankees, but I'll go out on a limb and say he winds up a Cardinal.

Thats a good possibility. St. Louis is hurting in the OF, so it would be a nice fit.

BeviBall!
07-30-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't want a trade for the sake of making a trade. We could maybe use a reliever and a left handed hitter but reliever is the primary need. I would love to have Burnett but think he is going to cost too much.

They need another stick and reliever.

JermaineDye05
07-30-2005, 04:44 PM
how about winn and Eddie G, for Borchard and some prospects

DrGiggles
07-30-2005, 10:13 PM
He was just traded to the Giants!!!!

JermaineDye05
07-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Winn headed to the Giants for a pitching prospect and catcher Yorvit Torrealba

rowand33
07-30-2005, 10:16 PM
are the Giants trying to make a push or somethin?

rowand33
07-30-2005, 10:20 PM
whoa whoa whoa.

Jesse Foppert was the pitching prospect?

are you ****ing kidding me?

what a great trade for the Ms!

Foppert has the potential to be an awesome pticher.

Winn is a slighlty above average starter, and the Giants aren't going anywhere.

first Williams for LeTroy, now Foppert and Torreabla (who's probably better than Olivo right now...) for Winn?!!

If I was a Giants fan I'd be furious. At one time, Foppert was supposed to the be the messiah (I wonder if this is how other people reacted to Rauch for Everett).

Tragg
07-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Cashman having no trouble trading.

Yea, he's trading - for players who couldn't make our roster.

No one's taken a particularly good players yet or one we want. Winn's a decent player - best player traded so far.

samram
07-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Winn really doesn't make sense there. I could see him going with Durham and Schmidt to the Yankees for Cano, Gordon, and more. That's assuming they can find the extra consideration SF would want and the Yankees can handle it financially. Oh, and assuming the Yankees are interested.

Tragg
07-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Winn really doesn't make sense there. I could see him going with Durham and Schmidt to the Yankees for Cano, Gordon, and more. That's assuming they can find the extra consideration SF would want and the Yankees can handle it financially. Oh, and assuming the Yankees are interested.

Why would the Giants even do that? The Yanks have no prospects to give. You don't trade a starter like Schmidt for an aging middle reliever like Gordon. Cano isn't worth Winn and Durham.
Giants shouldn't trade Schmidt anyway.

samram
07-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Why would the Giants even do that? The Yanks have no prospects to give. You don't trade a starter like Schmidt for an aging middle reliever like Gordon.

I did say that would assume there was extra consideration going to SF and that the Yankees were interested. It was hardly a prediction, just something that would make sense since I don't see Nomo and Leiter being long-term solutions there.

Tragg
07-30-2005, 10:46 PM
I did say that would assume there was extra consideration going to SF and that the Yankees were interested. It was hardly a prediction, just something that would make sense since I don't see Nomo and Leiter being long-term solutions there.

I know - I just get excited talking about trades. Didn't mean to put words into your mouth.

I could see Durham and Winn for Robinson + something else (if they have it).

samram
07-30-2005, 10:52 PM
I know - I just get excited talking about trades. Didn't mean to put words into your mouth.

I could see Durham and Winn for Robinson + something else (if they have it).

That's cool, I think we're all waiting for something of significance to happen. We can all thank the Marlins for this quagmire, for lack of a better term.

Anyway, on BBTN, they say Schmidt isn't going anywhere. I think a trade without Schmidt, like you mentioned, could work unless the Giants are just going to give it one more shot next year with Bonds. I'll say this- if Bonds is hurt next year and can't play, I'd be really pissed if I was a Giants' fan because they could have become significantly better for the future if they had dealth some of their veterans.

BeviBall!
07-31-2005, 09:00 AM
whoa whoa whoa.

Jesse Foppert was the pitching prospect?

are you ****ing kidding me?

what a great trade for the Ms!

No kidding... this is the biggest steal so far. Foppert is nice, real nice.