PDA

View Full Version : Shingo Gone???

charlotteknights
07-30-2005, 02:22 PM
We are catching rumors that Shingo won't be coming to Charlotte. Some even say that he plans to retire. So far, no locker or airline pickups have been planned.

JUribe1989
07-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Shingo would probably be happier going back to Japan with his family being there. He can still have success in the Japanese league.

Brian26
07-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Shingo would probably be happier going back to Japan with his family being there. He can still have success in the Japanese league.

Wow, that's certainly a tough situation for him. I seem to remember reading that he had moved his family to the Arlington Heights area this year...so I assume it would be tough for him to go to Charlotte and have the family back here in Chicago.

rowand33
07-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Wow, that's certainly a tough situation for him. I seem to remember reading that he had moved his family to the Arlington Heights area this year...so I assume it would be tough for him to go to Charlotte and have the family back here in Chicago.

damn. I was hoping for Shingo to be back in september, better than ever.

patbooyah
07-30-2005, 04:03 PM
well, i hate to say it, but if shingo is quitting then maybe that is indicative of his attitude. seems to me, if i had struggled all year in the majors i would relish the opportunity to get regular playing time in the minors and prove i could be lights out come playoff time. maybe his heart isn't really in it. to be so close to being on the roster of a playoff bound team and just quit seems bizarre.

sure his family lives up in chicago, but there are only 3 months left in the season and a little more than a month till callups.

i hope he didn't quit, though. i hope he was traded for clemens.

Foulke You
08-01-2005, 12:51 AM
Bring back Shingo and send down Vizcaino to Charlotte. I felt a heck of a lot more confident when Shingo had the ball than when Vizcaino has it. Just my .02

jake27
08-01-2005, 01:01 AM
it would b a shame if shingo left, especially during the season where he could still get it together and if he does well enough, help the sox in october.

Tragg
08-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Bring back Shingo and send down Vizcaino to Charlotte. I felt a heck of a lot more confident when Shingo had the ball than when Vizcaino has it. Just my .02

Good idea.

Madvora
08-01-2005, 02:38 PM
it would b a shame if shingo left, especially during the season where he could still get it together and if he does well enough, help the sox in october.
Is Shingo eligible for a World Series ring? Who do they give the rings to?
I guess in the Red Sox case, they can give one to anyone they want, but I wonder if it's the 25 man roster or the 40 man or what.

Any news on if he showed up yet?

soxfan1965
08-01-2005, 02:47 PM

The Knights have Shingo on the roster on their web site but no number assigned. They updated their web site about Harris but no news about Shingo. The Charlotte Observer said nothing since Shingo was optioned.

anewman35
08-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Is Shingo eligible for a World Series ring? Who do they give the rings to?
I guess in the Red Sox case, they can give one to anyone they want, but I wonder if it's the 25 man roster or the 40 man or what.

Like you said, I think it's basically anybody they want. I'm sure anybody who was on the team for a while (like Shingo was) would get one.

mccoydp
08-01-2005, 03:17 PM
The White Sox homepage just confirmed that he has been released.

SoxFan78
08-01-2005, 03:25 PM

That sucks, I was hoping he would get his stuff back in the minors and be back with the club in September.

DumpJerry
08-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Where? I could not find it. The only story I located was the one saying he was going to AAA.

SoxFan78
08-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Where? I could not find it. The only story I located was the one saying he was going to AAA.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050801&content_id=1153614&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

scroll down and its near the bottom

maurice
08-01-2005, 04:18 PM
:kukoo:
Just my .02