PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Wood's simulated game

nedlug
07-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Jul 29 Chicago Cubs SP Kerry Wood (shoulder) threw in the bullpen before the game against the Arizona Diamondbacks Friday, July 29, according to the Associated Press. He is expected to throw a simulated game this weekend, before being assigned to the minors for rehabilitation.

Just was wondering about how our favorite pitcher, Carrie Wood, will do during his simulated game. Will he pick up a simulated save? Will his simulated offense come through in a tie game and garner him the win? Will the simulated batters he faces hit him hard? Your thoughts, please...

robertks61
07-30-2005, 02:57 PM
I simulated not watching it! But I'm sure Wrigley Stadium was full.

Juice16
07-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Carrie is going for his lead leading 10 simulated win. Lets all pull for him.

Chips
07-30-2005, 03:10 PM
I think Carrie Wood has more simulated starts than real starts.

dickallen15
07-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Steve Stone was on tv yesterday and they asked about Carrie Woods going to the bullpen. Stone had some stat where batters were hitting over .400 Carrie's first 30 pitches. Its under .200 pitches 31-60, then his shoulder hurts. He didn't think the bullpen was going to work out so well for him.

SOXfnNlansing
07-30-2005, 06:22 PM
I heard carrie struck out all 27 batters faced in a simulated game

Jjav829
07-30-2005, 06:44 PM
I hear Carrie was scratched from his simulated start because Jim Hendry made a simulated trade of Carrie Woods for Manny Ramirez.:redneck

Clembasbal
07-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Then he starts his rehab assignment?

Ok...ok...ok. Not that I don't think that Wood and Prior and whoever else isn't hurt all the time.

But I think the Cub organization puts these guys down on purpose a little. So that they can send them to the minors for some starts and then bring in more organizational revenue. There has got to be something to this. I mean Wood is on the 15 day DL and coming back already, why does he need a minor league rehab assignment? Most people, when the come back from 15-20 days, don't need a rehab assignment. But the Cubs love running their guys out on the farm. Strange.

RadioheadRocks
07-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Just was wondering about how our favorite pitcher, Carrie Wood, will do during his simulated game. Will he pick up a simulated save? Will his simulated offense come through in a tie game and garner him the win? Will the simulated batters he faces hit him hard? Your thoughts, please...

I just love hearing about Carrie and his "simulated" games... makes me think of those cubic zirconia ring commercials from the late 70s-early 80s ("lovely, isn't it? But is it REAL?"). Look at it this way, Mr. Wood may have another "pitching" career waiting in the wings at the Home Shopping Network!

ROFLMAO!!! :D:

Cowhead418
07-30-2005, 08:34 PM
I read some tea leaves and found out that Wood will get pounded for 9 ER in 1 2/3 of an inning, leaving him with his first simulated loss of the year and hurting his chances at the Simulated Hall of Fame.

A_ROW33
07-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Torrii Hunter saved the game by robbing a simulated home run.

Optipessimism
07-30-2005, 08:44 PM
I think we all have it backwards.

Wood's simulated games are actually his brief stints in MLB. Once he feels good enough to screw up his shoulder again, he rejoins his teammates on the All-Star DL.

Unregistered
07-30-2005, 08:52 PM
I read some tea leaves and found out that Wood will get pounded for 9 ER in 1 2/3 of an inning, leaving him with his first simulated loss of the year and hurting his chances at the Simulated Hall of Fame.
I can't see how his SHOF chances would be hurt, considering he leads the Simulated League in games pitched and "looking sharp."

(As in, "Kerry Wood looked sharp in a simulated game yesterday.")

:D:

nedlug
07-30-2005, 10:43 PM

Hm, well, in that case, they should throw him into a simulated simulated game, where he thinks about throwing a simulated game. After all, the simulated games are 90% mental, 10% physical - it's always nice to get the big part down first.

I can't see how his SHOF chances would be hurt, considering he leads the Simulated League in games pitched and "looking sharp."

(As in, "Kerry Wood looked sharp in a simulated game yesterday.")

:D:

Muahahahaha. I love it too.