PDA

View Full Version : Hendry will get Dunn AND Kearns?

Brian26
07-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Bruce Levine on Schaer's morning show an hour ago claimed that Hendry is working on taking both Dunn and Kearns from Cincy.

This, to me, seems like highway robbery before I even know who he plans on sending back to the Reds. The trade seems lopsided to begin with, but the Reds are in the same division. For this happen two years after he stole Ramirez from the Pirates (another interdivision rival), seems questionable to say the least.

Ol' No. 2
07-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Bruce Levine on Schaer's morning show an hour ago claimed that Hendry is working on taking both Dunn and Kearns from Cincy.

This, to me, seems like highway robbery before I even know who he plans on sending back to the Reds. The trade seems lopsided to begin with, but the Reds are in the same division. For this happen two years after he stole Ramirez from the Pirates (another interdivision rival), seems questionable to say the least.Not. Gonna. Happen.

These guys are the nucleus around which they're trying to build. They've said several times they're not going to trade these guys.

Mr. White Sox
07-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Hendry: "I'll give you Jody Gerut, Korey Patterson and Paul Bako."

CIN GM: "But Bako's not on your team anymore, is he?"

Hendry: "Nope."

CIN GM: "OK, done. Or should I say Dunn?? Ahahaha."

Brian26
07-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Not. Gonna. Happen.

These guys are the nucleus around which they're trying to build. They've said several times they're not going to trade these guys.

I hope you're right, 2. I don't know how you could trade any of these guys within your own division. Cincy is in financial trouble though...so who knows.

Banix12
07-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Not going to happen because 1) Levine is reporting it and 2) I don't think Hendry is going to give up his top prospects and I only think the reds make a deal getting rid of those two players if they can get Rich Hill and at least three more high level prospects.

seanpmurphy
07-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Remember when the Cubs were going to get Beltran!!!

Same story. A big steaming pile of BS

SOXSINCE'70
07-30-2005, 03:39 PM
:whocares

:windsock:
"Dunn and Kearns will help my sCrUBbies win the Series.
Just wait!!Just wait!!!!!THE SOX STILL SUCK!!!!!!":angry: :angry:

samram
07-30-2005, 03:43 PM
It should be "Bruuuuth hopes," not Bruuuuuth claims. The only way I trade both of those guys to the Cubs is if I'm getting Prior and either cash or a top 10 prospect back.

JRIG
07-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Well, Cincy's GM says he ain't moving any of hi young outfielders. From the Dayton Daily News:

Anyone who doubts [GM Dan] O’Brien’s insistence that he won’t trade the three young outfielders need only check with St. Louis GM Walt Jocketty and Chicago Cubs GM Jim Hendry… Jocketty was told by O’Brien that the Reds were not going to do anything with their outfielders, that they all were being evaluated. Hendry sat for two hours with O’Brien when the Cubs were in Cincinnati July 21, but couldn’t snare O’Brien’s interest in talking about Austin Kearns, Adam Dunn and Wily Mo Pena. They haven’t talked since.

Ol' No. 2
07-30-2005, 04:55 PM
It should be "Bruuuuth hopes," not Bruuuuuth claims. The only way I trade both of those guys to the Cubs is if I'm getting Prior and either cash or a top 10 prospect back.Thursday Bruuuuce was saying the Cubs were going to get Alfonso Soriano. Now they're going to fleece the Reds. Levineline needs to lay off the
:bong:

Tragg
07-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Maybe I'm paranoid, but certain teams always seem to have willing enablers this time of year.
The Braves used to be the destination depot for teams who wanted to make themselves much worse.

Optipessimism
07-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Thursday Bruuuuce was saying the Cubs were going to get Alfonso Soriano. Now they're going to fleece the Reds. Levineline needs to lay off the
:bong:

Hey, I see nothing wrong with getting the Flub fans' hopes up only before letting them down again... and again, and again, and again.

I actually think it's kind of funny.