PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling Guardado will be a White Sox....

ukigdog
07-30-2005, 08:44 AM
Just read this article, it only makes sense now that he is cheap:

I would offer maybe like a felix diaz with another minor league prospect, not sure, what do you guys think?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/234621_mbok30.html

Podzilla_40
07-30-2005, 08:47 AM
If he's cheap, get him. Experience, grit, very similar to Hermanson in terms of intensity. I think he'd only make us better, and not giving up more than decent prospects can't hurt.

HebrewHammer
07-30-2005, 08:50 AM
I'd like to see t-shirts for him stating that "Our Relievers Do It Every Day." That's reason enough to get him.

Ol' No. 2
07-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Just read this article, it only makes sense now that he is cheap:

I would offer maybe like a felix diaz with another minor league prospect, not sure, what do you guys think?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/234621_mbok30.htmlYou're not going to get him that cheaply, but he won't cost McCarthy, either. Probably Sweeney and a mid-level prospect. I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Jerko
07-30-2005, 10:00 AM
We'll see. We need somebody if Hermanson can only go once a week.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Last year, I figured "Everyday Eddie" was done, but his numbers look really good this year. If the Phillies want a king's ransom for Billy Wagner, let's get Guardado.

SSN721
07-30-2005, 10:13 AM
If he's cheap, get him. Experience, grit, very similar to Hermanson in terms of intensity. I think he'd only make us better, and not giving up more than decent prospects can't hurt.

Completely agree, one or two additions to the bullpen I think are all this team really needs. Guardado would be a hell of a pickup, especially for decent to low level prospects.

harwar
07-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Kw has been trying to aquire everyday eddie since before his major surgery last year.
It may not be so easy as boston really wants the guy also.

Whitesoxtom
07-30-2005, 10:25 AM
You're not going to get him that cheaply, but he won't cost McCarthy, either. Probably Sweeney and a mid-level prospect. I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

No way they get a prospect like Sweeney for Guardado. He is not worth that much. Sweeney, Anderson, McCarthy, and Young should only be moved in a major deal.

Palehose13
07-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Kw has been trying to aquire everyday eddie since before his major surgery last year.
It may not be so easy as boston really wants the guy also.

Unless I read it incorrectly, it looks like Eddie has a no-trade clause to the Boston and the two New York teams, so I really don't see Boston getting first dibbs on him.

Palehose13
07-30-2005, 10:27 AM
No way they get a prospect like Sweeney for Guardado. He is not worth that much. Sweeney, Anderson, McCarthy, and Young should only be moved in a major deal.

We can give them Jeremy Reed. :cool:

CubKilla
07-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Isn't Guardado pitching with an injury that is gonna require surgery at season's end?

If that's the case, no thank you.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-30-2005, 10:30 AM
boston really wants the guy also.
The article states he has a no-trade clause for a few teams, including Boston. But since the Red Sox have no real closer (Schilling's not staying in the 'pen forever), he might be willing to waive it.

It also looks like he has a contractual incentive for saving (or at least finishing) games. If he gets traded to the White Sox, though he won't be able to veto the deal, you can bet he'll be hoping to take Hermanson's job.

JimH
07-30-2005, 10:31 AM

Totally agree.

Guardado has a large contract for 2006 and that will factor into what the Mariners get in return.

By the way, Sweeney is beginning to turn it on in Birmingham, his average is up and he's hitting line drives all over the place and doesn't strike out much.

As Tom says, and I believe KW agrees, if Sweeney goes it should only be in a major deal.

A_ROW33
07-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Isn't Guardado pitching with an injury that is gonna require surgery at season's end?

He has a torn rotator cuff. He had the option of having surgery in spring training, but opted to rehab it instead.
Although it sounds like a serious injury, apparently it hasn't affected his effectiveness, in the short term anyway.

I like Guardado, I only question how his injury will effect him down the stretch. However there are always risks in trades, I say go get him. Heck with Seattle's high Japanese population and fan base they'll make Shingo part of the deal.

IowaSox1971
07-30-2005, 11:00 AM
We definitely should get Guardado. He has proven that he can be an effective closer in the American League, and we need some insurance in case Hermanson or Marte get hurt again.

whitesoxfan
07-30-2005, 11:11 AM

that would definitely explain why he's so cheap. A torn rotator cuff? Geez..

spiffie
07-30-2005, 11:32 AM
By the way, Sweeney is beginning to turn it on in Birmingham, his average is up and he's hitting line drives all over the place and doesn't strike out much.

As Tom says, and I believe KW agrees, if Sweeney goes it should only be in a major deal.

Just remember.. 305, 27 doubles, nine HR, 49 RBI, 54 SB

Those numbers are Willie Harris in AA. Give me the guy who can help THIS team to win THIS year. There's always another prospect we can all drool over.

rowand33
07-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Just remember.. 305, 27 doubles, nine HR, 49 RBI, 54 SB

Those numbers are Willie Harris in AA. Give me the guy who can help THIS team to win THIS year. There's always another prospect we can all drool over.

this is a smart man right here. And to all those crying injury plagued.... take a look at his numbers this year:

1-1 23/24 in sv ops.
35 IP 1.54 ERA .97 WHIP 31 K 8 BB .202 BAA

he's been pitching with this thing all year.

We'd be idiots if we didn't make this deal.

BigHurtEm35
07-30-2005, 12:06 PM
hes got a partially torn rotator cuf, billy koch anyone?