PDA

View Full Version : Sport Center's call of the day

JermaineDye05
07-29-2005, 10:59 PM
I don't get this, I've never heard them use any of Hawk's calls for any of our walk off wins, not even AJ's, but twice they've had that awful Len Kasper as their call of the day, what's up with that

MIgrenade
07-29-2005, 11:01 PM
I've heard a lot of bad, or just useless calls on that. I don't get how they choose...I know how they SHOULD choose, but that means nothing.

ChiSoxRowand
07-29-2005, 11:05 PM
They have had it on baseball tonight too. They don't have it every day on SC or BBTN, it just seems like they have it whenever it's the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs.

Chips
07-29-2005, 11:15 PM
They have had it on baseball tonight too. They don't have it every day on SC or BBTN, it just seems like they have it whenever it's the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs.

Do you really expect anything else?

Afterall, they are the best teams in baseball.

The Dude
07-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Do you really expect anything else?

But you have to admit, it is very amusing to hear kermit do his walk off/home run calls.

Tragg
07-29-2005, 11:23 PM
I had the bad fortune of listening to ESPN radio this afternoon on my drive home. Guess what call they had?

That's right - Santo himself.... "Cubs win" "Cubs win" and someone in the background was yelling "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Nauseating.

Mr. White Sox
07-29-2005, 11:43 PM
I had the bad fortune of listening to ESPN radio this afternoon on my drive home. Guess what call they had?

That's right - Santo himself.... "Cubs win" "Cubs win" and someone in the background was yelling "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Nauseating.

Yeah, that was Hughes yelling "Cubs win" and Santo screaming "YES!"
I can understand the bias towards Hawk, but AJ's walkoff call by Rooney and Farmio was great; I don't think it was used at all.

Tragg
07-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Yeah, that was Hughes yelling "Cubs win" and Santo screaming "YES!"
I can understand the bias towards Hawk, but AJ's walkoff call by Rooney and Farmio was great; I don't think it was used at all.

I guess I had it backwards. Thankfully, I am limited to Kasper/Brenly most of the time.
Santo's obviously obnoxious ("yes! yes! yes!")

HebrewHammer
07-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Personal favorite:

A few years ago Kevin Young hit a GW HR for the Pirates causing the Pirates broadcaster to scream, "It's a freakshow!!!" I never heard that one ripped off by anyone.

Rocklive99
07-30-2005, 12:46 AM
I hate the Mediagasm when the Flubs come back to win. This is how it always happens:

The NL is filled with scrub teams that probably couldn't compete with KC or the Drays. One of these teams, the Pirates for examples, beat the snot out of the Flubs. Next game, the Flubs are down or blow a lead, and come back to lead, and the media explodes over it, since the Flubs could defeat a team that looked so good the day before. Then the cycle continues and continues...Then, they end up going against an actual good team in the NL (what are there, 2 or 3?), like the Braves last year, and miss out on the playoffs, to which the media will attribute to injuries (geez, with all these injuries, would it be fair to think that team trainers are crap and that it's not just "bad luck" or curses?:o: ), and give them an excuse while teams like SF (Bonds, Schmidt, Benitez) or Atlanta ( they've had numerous minor leaguers in their starting staff and lineup this year) are going through the same exact thing. Heck, we had huge injury hits last year that cost us the division, and we are just seen as the team that can't beat Minnesota (which is fair), but the Flubs get excuses, like last year and as they will this year.

And that, my out of town friends, is how a baseball season in Chicago goes

SOXSINCE'70
07-30-2005, 09:07 AM

To the drillrods at the "backbackbackbackback" station,
THEY(Yankmees,Blow Sawx,sCrUBS) ARE THE ONLY
TEAMS IN BASEBALL!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I've given up on ESPN.The mediots are bigger than the game now.
Doesn't matter where you go,the story's the same.I just want the Sox
to continue flying "under the radar".Come October, baseball Gods willing,
this team will quiet all non believers. :cool:

Podzilla_40
07-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Actually I've seen them do walk off win calls for teams such as the Pirates, the D-Rays, Giants, teams who aren't going anywhere. It has nothing to do with "Cubbie Love", or something like that. They won on a walkoff yesterday, of course there's going to be a story on it.

sthbndsox
07-30-2005, 11:07 AM
i hate len kasper more than either chip or stone... he's got such a high voice when he screams i can't stand it. it's annoying as hell, and he does it whenever anything happens. that's why whenever i turn on a cubs game i mute the TV and turn on music.

whitesoxfan
07-30-2005, 11:09 AM
i hate len kasper more than either chip or stone... he's got such a high voice when he screams i can't stand it. it's annoying as hell, and he does it whenever anything happens. that's why whenever i turn on a cubs game i mute the TV and turn on music.

really? i couldnt stand Caray. "SWUNG ON AND BELTED...and Jones makes the routine catch for out...number....3"

skobabe8
07-30-2005, 03:22 PM
I hate the Mediagasm when the Flubs come back to win. This is how it always happens:

The NL is filled with scrub teams that probably couldn't compete with KC or the Drays. One of these teams, the Pirates for examples, beat the snot out of the Flubs. Next game, the Flubs are down or blow a lead, and come back to lead, and the media explodes over it, since the Flubs could defeat a team that looked so good the day before. Then the cycle continues and continues...Then, they end up going against an actual good team in the NL (what are there, 2 or 3?), like the Braves last year, and miss out on the playoffs, to which the media will attribute to injuries (geez, with all these injuries, would it be fair to think that team trainers are crap and that it's not just "bad luck" or curses?:o: ), and give them an excuse while teams like SF (Bonds, Schmidt, Benitez) or Atlanta ( they've had numerous minor leaguers in their starting staff and lineup this year) are going through the same exact thing. Heck, we had huge injury hits last year that cost us the division, and we are just seen as the team that can't beat Minnesota (which is fair), but the Flubs get excuses, like last year and as they will this year.

And that, my out of town friends, is how a baseball season in Chicago goes

:thumbsup: