PDA

View Full Version : A nugget from ESPN's Eric Neel

bumptious96
07-29-2005, 02:53 PM
I will, despite the fact that I still don't really believe in them, continue to root for the White Sox. And I should say, it's not even that I don't believe in them; it's that I don't know what to make of them. I'm like Steve Martin or Bill Murray in that old SNL skit. The White Sox are just flying up there in the sky and I'm down there on the ground, looking up, dumbfounded, going, "What is that thing? What the hell is that thing?!"

Fungo
07-29-2005, 03:22 PM
This from Jim Callis in his latest Ask BA in Baseball America...

This is shaping up as one of the most wide-open baseball seasons I can remember. By my count, 23 teams still have a reasonable chance at making the postseason, but how many of those clubs actually look capable of winning the World Series? Though the White Sox have the best record in baseball, to me they look more like a team ripe for a first-round upset than a champion. Right now, the Angels are my favorite in the American League and the Cardinals are my favorite in the National League, and there's not another club that I have complete faith in.

Under the radar, folks. I like it that way.

batmanZoSo
07-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Under the radar. We're the Stealth Sox.

Heffalump
07-29-2005, 03:30 PM
This from Jim Callis in his latest Ask BA in Baseball America...

Under the radar, folks. I like it that way.

Let the choads keep writing what they will. Come the end of October, all will be quiet except for Sox fans kicking @$$ and celebrating.