PDA

View Full Version : Domino Affect?

Garlandfan33
07-29-2005, 02:42 PM
While I'm with the majority of people here of this being a boring trading season an interesting thought came to mind. Hearing all these trade rumours(i mostly have been reading the white sox's) my guess is that once the "trade" happens(trade includes a big name like Wagner,burnett,etc.) that its going to set off all other trades your thoughts?

ChiSoxRowand
07-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Whats happening is teams like Seattle, Tampa, etc. are asking for too much right now. As the deadline gets closer they will lower their demands.

Ol' No. 2
07-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Whats happening is teams like Seattle, Tampa, etc. are asking for too much right now. As the deadline gets closer they will lower their demands.Sometimes the price goes up. You can never tell. A lot of these rumors are probably Plan B and Plan C kind of things. Obviously, the Sox would not be interested in Baez if they landed Wagner. Baez is the Plan B. That's why a lot of these trades happen all at once. When one goes down, a lot of other trade possibilities vanish, teams find out their pool of potential partners has just shrunk, and they make the best deal they can.

My prediction: Nothing much will happen until Sunday.

White Sox Randy
07-29-2005, 02:54 PM
The damn bursts on Sunday morning ! That's when these guys start puking.

PatK
07-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Once the first "big" trade happens, it tends to snowball from there, as everyone tries to keep up with the joneses.

Madvora
07-29-2005, 03:34 PM
The damn bursts on Sunday morning ! That's when these guys start puking.
I hope we don't have to see that picture again.

Anyway, I agree. This board will be loaded this weekend. I'l see you guys here!

infohawk
07-29-2005, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if KW does something completely unforseen. I'm sure he has a "trade board" with all kinds of possibilities on it. I seriously doubt that the media remains aware of all trade possibilities discussed between GMs. That said, and considering all established rumors, I am hoping for Jason Schmidt and Omar Vizquel.

I will add that, if nothing happens, it's because KW didn't think any of the possibilities really made sense for the organization. He has already established that he will make a deal if he thinks it is a good one.