PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment #9,884

The Big Squirt
07-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Some guy called the score and said he didn't want Manny because he could ruin Lee's chance at the triple crown by taking away RBI chances.

kittle42
07-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Some guy called the score and said he didn't want Manny because he could ruin Lee's chance at the triple crown by taking away RBI chances.

If that isn't the perfect Cub fan, I don't know who is.

Steakpita
07-29-2005, 12:55 PM
3,000 posts... :gulp: to you.

I'm pretty sure that Cubs fan was one of my friends. PS - there is NO chance manny gets traded.

Hondo
07-29-2005, 12:57 PM
He also probably thinks Manny will take over the NL lead in RBI if he gets traded.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-29-2005, 12:58 PM
:roflmao:
Atleast Cubs fans already have an excuse in mind for when the Cubs fail to get Manny, which is too bad because I would love to see the Cubs trot a DH out to LF everyday.

RKMeibalane
07-29-2005, 01:02 PM
:roflmao:
Atleast Cubs fans already have an excuse in mind for when the Cubs fail to get Manny, which is too bad because I would love to see the Cubs trot a DH out to LF everyday.

We saw that the past three years whenever the Urinator was there.

Tekijawa
07-29-2005, 01:18 PM

OK that's dumb... But this actually got me thinking.

What if this scenario played out:

Cubs go down to the last day of the season tied for the wildcard spot. If they win the game their in... Some how Aramis Ramiez Catches up to Derek Lee in the RBI catagory... As he steps to the plate in the bottom of the ninth, with 2 outs and bases loaded and the Cubs down one... Would the fans 1.) boo him or 2.)cheer him if he brought in the winning run, while also taking over the NL lead in RBI's... or 3.) would they just be clueless or would no one know because the stadium was half full because beer had stopped being served 2 innings before?

cleanwsox
07-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Another stupid fan: This one coming from a Twins fan.

After jumping out to an early chip lead in a poker tournament I was it. He noticed my White Sox visor and said, "Don't worry, he's a Sox fan, he will choke down the stretch just like the Sox do every year." I responded with 12 games and he was quick to shut his trap.

Early on in the year, I've heard a lot of Twins fans saying, "I'm not worried about the Sox, they always choke in the 2nd half." I've heard a lot of them now coming to their senses and knowing they have no shot at the Central. Gotta say, Twins fans are at least smarter than Cubs fans.

Uncle_Patrick
07-29-2005, 01:34 PM

I heard about this in the car at lunch today. I wish I could have heard him talk on the radio.