PDA

View Full Version : has McCarthy found it once again?

JermaineDye05
07-29-2005, 11:47 AM
just read up on the AJ Burnett deal, and it said a deal may be less likely now that McCarthy tossed his 3rd straight strong start for Charlotte, Brandon tossed 8 shut out innings

SouthSidein05
07-29-2005, 11:52 AM
just read up on the AJ Burnett deal, and it said a deal may be less likely now that McCarthy tossed his 3rd straight strong start for Charlotte, Brandon tossed 8 shut out innings

I don't want to see him go, he could be good, especially if he can get into that rotation wit Buehrle and Garland and learn from those two.

DarkCloudDropo
07-29-2005, 11:53 AM
NO one is untouchable imo, but I have seen nothing available worth giving him up for yet.

cleanwsox
07-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Considering we already have 3 decent starters in Buehrle, Garland, and Garcia for the playoffs, I'm not keen on giving up on BMac just quite yet. Burnett is no Clemens and basically unless we can get a #1, BMac is just too valuable. He will be cheap and good for a number of years to come.

balke
07-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Considering we already have 3 decent starters in Buehrle, Garland, and Garcia for the playoffs, I'm not keen on giving up on BMac just quite yet. Burnett is no Clemens and basically unless we can get a #1, BMac is just too valuable. He will be cheap and good for a number of years to come.

I agree 100%. Brandon is doing this at 21 years old. It could be as early as next season that he finds a groove and is able to produce at a major league level. I don't see the sense in dumping such a young good pitcher who is under contract, for a rental who may only pitch 1-2 games in the playoffs. I see even less sense in retrading Burnett for Wagner, who would also be a rental. That's a lot of talent to give up IMO. World Series push or not, don't get stupid with this team.

Madvora
07-29-2005, 01:51 PM
He also "found it" in spring training. Remember how everyone wanted him to start the season with the Sox.

He is young, so he's going to go up and down. Maybe he will turn out to be something, but I don't think he has it in him this year. The point is that the Sox have it in them this year and they have to do whatever it takes to win it in 2005.

balke
07-30-2005, 12:47 AM
Very very few pitchers that young show consistancy. But to deny that kind of arm, control, and talent is foolish. Mccarthy is very likely to be a great pitcher in the next couple of years. Its not his fault he was called up to the majors so soon. I understand winning now, but Mccarthy shouldn't be squandered on a bag of balls anytime soon, or IMO any player who can only give us 3 months of play and not guarantee us a World Series.

Tragg
07-30-2005, 12:57 AM
Very very few pitchers that young show consistancy. But to deny that kind of arm, control, and talent is foolish. Mccarthy is very likely to be a great pitcher in the next couple of years. Its not his fault he was called up to the majors so soon. I understand winning now, but Mccarthy shouldn't be squandered on a bag of balls anytime soon, or IMO any player who can only give us 3 months of play and not guarantee us a World Series.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

sthbndsox
07-30-2005, 11:12 AM
If he lives up to his potential, we'd have a damn scary rotation. Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, BMac, Duque/Contreras.