PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment #9,883

Hangar18
07-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Was out for a drink with a buddy of mine, and the bar we were at still had the remnants of lots of Blue Sheep "fans" walking around (lots of LEE 25 and Garciaparra 5 tshirts/jerseys) Watching some of the scores, began chatting with a group of guys, one of whom was a bit arrogant, brutish, and rough to say the least. This of course led me to believe he mustve been a Yankee fan,
and sure enough, his tshirt said "Yankees". We talked baseball and got to talking about Hawk and he thinks "he gawn" is the dumbest thing hes ever heard. I asked why? He said Hawks a homer, your supposed to be professional. I said where is everyone geting that nonsense from ......never heard that before until last year (note the cubs tv/radio teams were taking critical hits last season-which of course you realize Trib/Cub fans began ripping on Hawk)
At this moment, a Blue Sheeped fan and his gf overhear our conversation and he chimes in with "I hate the white sox, I hope they choke in the playoffs"
The Yankee fan laughed and said he agreed. I told them both they'd both
be watching the playoffs on tv, cuz neither would be in the postseason. Yankee fan says that "ever since they threw the world series, Ive hated them" I said you look pretty young for your age, you werent even alive back then. Cub fan was about to say the same thing.....then got quiet
as I scolded the Yankee fan. I chastised the Cub fan for trying to ride on the Yankees/RedSox traditions, Yankee fan laughed ............

Cub fan then made this statement ........ "At least our fans dont run on
the field and attack players". That led to a 30 min conversation
with him regarding who really attacks whom, shootings on Clark & Addison
and subsequent covering up by the Media,
the Randy Myers dropkick incident ....or the Dodger hat incident, or the 4 Cub fans who ran the field at the Cell and subsequent cover up by the Media, "big-time cub fan" Dybas attacking umpire and subsequent cover up by Media that he was indeed a Cub fan, the Skutnicks running the field and subsequent cover up by the Media that they were also cub fans at the cubby game earlier that day, the hate letters and subsequent covering up by the media........ At that point, he said he honestly had no idea
any of that was going on, or happened.

TommyJohn
07-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Where do you meet these people? Are you just unlucky?

Unregistered
07-29-2005, 11:50 AM
http://www.oralchelation.net/data/images/theysay.jpg

Tekijawa
07-29-2005, 11:52 AM
I must live by you Hangar... I went to the Jewel by my house last night and they were all out of tinfoil. :D:

peeonwrigley
07-29-2005, 11:53 AM

I live pretty close to a ton of them.

A healthy amount of Sox fans in LP, too, though.

Hangar18
07-29-2005, 11:53 AM

Mostly bars on Lincoln ave, or downtown. Typical places where tourists (cub fans) congregate also

Madvora
07-29-2005, 11:59 AM
I refuse to have any kind of baseball discussion with Cub fans. Where could it possibly go?

pdimas
07-29-2005, 12:11 PM
I agree my cub fan friends won't give me the chance to argue. They go off spouting their opinion and when I get a chance to respond they start off half listening then make it into a big joke. In other words they never gve me a chance to respond which I guess in a way is flattering cause they know how much I can talk about my Sox. BTW anyone going to the taste of lincoln this weekend?

Dan H
07-29-2005, 12:40 PM
I refuse to have any kind of baseball discussion with Cub fans. Where could it possibly go?

I agree with this. They are informed about nothing, come out of left field with everything and are oblibious to their losing tradition. The aura around Wrigley is completely phony and made up. Then they say we are jealous about their great attendance and the whole Wrigley scene. But now they are hoping for a Sox collapse even though they are not supposed to be the jealous ones. Enough. They are not worth it.

shoota
07-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Was out for a drink with a buddy of mine, and the bar we were at still had the remnants of lots of Blue Sheep "fans" walking around (lots of LEE 25 and Garciaparra 5 tshirts/jerseys) Watching some of the scores, began chatting with a group of guys, one of whom was a bit arrogant, brutish, and rough to say the least. This of course led me to believe he mustve been a Yankee fan,
and sure enough, his tshirt said "Yankees". We talked baseball and got to talking about Hawk and he thinks "he gawn" is the dumbest thing hes ever heard. I asked why? He said Hawks a homer, your supposed to be professional. I said where is everyone geting that nonsense from ......never heard that before until last year (note the cubs tv/radio teams were taking critical hits last season-which of course you realize Trib/Cub fans began ripping on Hawk)
At this moment, a Blue Sheeped fan and his gf overhear our conversation and he chimes in with "I hate the white sox, I hope they choke in the playoffs"
The Yankee fan laughed and said he agreed. I told them both they'd both
be watching the playoffs on tv, cuz neither would be in the postseason. Yankee fan says that "ever since they threw the world series, Ive hated them" I said you look pretty young for your age, you werent even alive back then. Cub fan was about to say the same thing.....then got quiet
as I scolded the Yankee fan. I chastised the Cub fan for trying to ride on the Yankees/RedSox traditions, Yankee fan laughed ............

Cub fan then made this statement ........ "At least our fans dont run on
the field and attack players". That led to a 30 min conversation
with him regarding who really attacks whom, shootings on Clark & Addison
and subsequent covering up by the Media,
the Randy Myers dropkick incident ....or the Dodger hat incident, or the 4 Cub fans who ran the field at the Cell and subsequent cover up by the Media, "big-time cub fan" Dybas attacking umpire and subsequent cover up by Media that he was indeed a Cub fan, the Skutnicks running the field and subsequent cover up by the Media that they were also cub fans at the cubby game earlier that day, the hate letters and subsequent covering up by the media........ At that point, he said he honestly had no idea
any of that was going on, or happened.

When a Cubs fans rips on Hawk for being a homer, tell him that the Sox's radio tandem of Farmer and Rooney is one of the best in baseball. Wasn't there a thread here about an article that ranked Farmer/Rooney as MLB's third best baseball broadcast team?

Tell him if he appreciated Steve Stone's sometimes clairvoyant in-game analysis, he would love Ed Farmer, an All-Star pitcher himself. There is no question that Ed Farmer is the best baseball broadcaster in Chicago.

RKMeibalane
07-29-2005, 01:00 PM

I think he looks for them.

Iwritecode
07-29-2005, 01:02 PM

They must of some sort of magnets on them that attract to the tinfoil on his head. :wink:

:)

Madvora
07-29-2005, 01:06 PM
There is no question that Ed Farmer is the best baseball broadcaster in Chicago.
I don't like Farmer at all. I do think Rooney in great though. He has the talent. Farmer is too caught up in telling his pointless stories while Rooney is trying to announce the game.
- sorry, don't want to lead this thread in another direction.

UofCSoxFan
07-29-2005, 01:07 PM
To the Hawk homer thing I reply in one of two ways:

-I'm a fan of the White Sox, so why wouldn't I want to listen to a guy that is rooting for them just as much as I am?

-(If they are a Cubs fan) Yeah, and Ron "Oh no, Oh no, Oh no...HE DROPPED THE BALL" Santo is the pinnacle of professional unbiased analysis in the booth.
Plus, wasn't Steve Stone (and to a lesser degree Chip Carey) fired for being to critical of the Cubs?

Trav
07-29-2005, 01:08 PM
I agree with this. They are informed about nothing, come out of left field with everything and are oblibious to their losing tradition. The aura around Wrigley is completely phony and made up. Then they say we are jealous about their great attendance and the whole Wrigley scene. But now they are hoping for a Sox collapse even though they are not supposed to be the jealous ones. Enough. They are not worth it.

Dan, in your book, Through Hope and Despair, didn't you talk about the jealousy that both fans have when the other team is doing well? I think it is only natural, and is better than having them root for us in the playoffs. We wouldn't have a shot of winning with that fan base rooting for us.