PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one dying for something to happen trade wise?

rowand33
07-29-2005, 02:07 AM
I dunno if this is the right place for this, but I'm posting it here because this is the trade forum. Feel free to move it mods (just not to the road house please :smile: )

I am completely obsessed with us making a trade.

I've been listening to sports radio, watching ESPN, checking rotoworld, and checking this site constantly the last two days. Hoping that it would say "White Sox trade for _____"

I'm just dying for something to happen. I need Sunday to get here so I gave just move on with me life :D: .

I think it's just that I feel like the team is so close to being unbeatable and I unrealistically want to see something like "White Sox trade for Griffey, Wagner, Huff, and Burnett" so I know the World Series is a sure thing.

I don't want to be heart broken again like I was with the Illini...

Anybody else obsessed?

SomebodyToldMe
07-29-2005, 02:10 AM
This trading season has been extremely boring. I want a big trade to happen. And I'm not talking about on the Sox front. I just love the trading deadline because it's exciting and it starts to get a bit nerve rattling near the end of it.

I love checking and refreshing websites non-stop all day long. This year has just been boring.

Madvora
07-29-2005, 08:26 AM
If you don't think other people are obsessed with this, just look at the infamous "Press Conference" thread that came up a couple of days ago.
This board was in a frenzy.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54936

BeviBall!
07-29-2005, 08:36 AM
We all seem to want some action... god help us if nothing goes down by Sunday.

PatK
07-29-2005, 10:43 AM
I just hope that if we do make a move, we don't overpay for a rental player.

LVSoxFan
07-29-2005, 10:49 AM
I was going to start my own "Will We Really Not Make a Trade?" thread but you're covering it here.

It certainly looks like--if you believe what you read in the Sun-Times today--we're not going to do anything. According to them, the Burnett deal is "unlikely," and as far as I know we were looking to add pitching; you never really heard much about adding a big bat.

Unless KW is flying completely under the radar and will surprise us on Monday. He did that to a certain extent with Freddy last year, but it wasn't a total surprise--the surprise was that he beat out all the other teams to do it.

Can I live with this lineup? I guess, if Contreras stops being so damn inconsistent and Marte stops walking people in save situations. If you think about it, that's been the two weaknesses on the pitching staff (assuming Hernandez finally gets on a roll).

And I guess it's a positive that Jenks has been such a flamethrower out of the bullpen thus far.

What scares me is if one of the starters goes down for any reason. Who are we gonna call up from triple A? McCarthy?

I guess we'll know on Monday.

cheeses_h_rice
07-29-2005, 10:50 AM
The Sox will do something.

They have to.

ChiSoxPatF
07-29-2005, 11:03 AM
This trade deadline has definitly been more stressful than in recent memory. You knew after the Garcia-deal early in the year that we were pretty much done with mega-deals. This year not only has it gone down to the wire for the trades but we're in such a great position its not a matter of who will get us to the playoffs but who will get us through the playoffs.

I'm going camping this weekend so I REALLY need Kenny to make a deal today or I'm going to run up a huge cell bill calling home every half-hour for an update.

Hondo
07-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Also considering the aj burnett superthread is the largest i've seen in a while, I'd say there are a few folks around here amped for a trade.

That being said, I see the largest deal we make along the lines of a Danys Baez.

Ol' No. 2
07-29-2005, 11:43 AM
We all seem to want some action... god help us if nothing goes down by Sunday.I'll bet that's exactly what happens. And the megathread will have entered the record books, if it hasn't already.

skobabe8
07-29-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm going camping this weekend so I REALLY need Kenny to make a deal today or I'm going to run up a huge cell bill calling home every half-hour for an update.

No free weekends? :(:

balke
07-29-2005, 01:29 PM
I can't say I don't want anything to be done. I don't want anything to be done if its too unfair of a deal for the Sox though. I have faith in the Sox as a team that can play now and later. If you can snag Schmidt for Mccarthy, nice catch. If you can get Wagner straight up for Marte and Cash, do it. But these deals where we take on Lowell, pay out the rear end for a #4 starter rental, and also lose a quality lefty in the pen in addition to Anderson/Mccarthy... no thanks.

From all the deals I've heard so far I'm pretty much hoping the Sox let the deadline pass. Perhaps some Waiver line deals can still be made, but a lot of the trades laid out so far seem like big rip-offs, and barely make this team better than it already is.

batmanZoSo
07-29-2005, 01:53 PM
I can't say I don't want anything to be done. I don't want anything to be done if its too unfair of a deal for the Sox though. I have faith in the Sox as a team that can play now and later. If you can snag Schmidt for Mccarthy, nice catch. If you can get Wagner straight up for Marte and Cash, do it. But these deals where we take on Lowell, pay out the rear end for a #4 starter rental, and also lose a quality lefty in the pen in addition to Anderson/Mccarthy... no thanks.

From all the deals I've heard so far I'm pretty much hoping the Sox let the deadline pass. Perhaps some Waiver line deals can still be made, but a lot of the trades laid out so far seem like big rip-offs, and barely make this team better than it already is.

Yeah these other teams suck. Like the Phillies, for instance, want our setup man, our starting third baseman and our best pitching prospect for a closer, when we already have a pretty decent one.

shoota
07-29-2005, 06:13 PM
You're not alone rowand33. I started getting frustrated two days ago from such inaction.