PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else headed to Cooperstown!

GiveMeSox
07-28-2005, 10:50 PM
I am leaving tomorrow and heading to NY for the yanks game then up to cooperstown the weekend. I was wondering if any other sox fans will be there. Im really excited this will be my first time there. I am meeting my granpda there too and he said alot of old timers will be there signing autographs like Willie Mays, Reggie Jackson, etc. Sounds like a great time to visit the hall of fame. Anyway, is anyone else going out there. We can meet up and watch the sox game sunday night.

SomebodyToldMe
07-28-2005, 10:52 PM
I was actually going to start a thread like this earlier but in a more sarcastic tone...

But I'll be there next year for Santo's big day!

SOXfnNlansing
07-28-2005, 11:17 PM
I went to Cooperstown in March of 2004 when I was working in Oswego, NY......it is really special, but I thought it would be bigger than it was... I would recommend everyone to go atleast once.... I'm planning on going again when my son gets older.

RadioheadRocks
07-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Awesome... you'll definitely enjoy it! I went in August 1997 when Nellie Fox was finally granted his rightful place in the HOF. Was there for the induction ceremony and did the whole museum/Doubleday Field thing. Have a blast, take lots of pictures and enjoy for all it's worth!!! :bandance:

Madvora
07-29-2005, 07:08 AM
What's the deal with Wade Boggs hat? Is he going in as a Devil Ray?
I thought they changed the rules on that a couple years ago, but I haven't heard anything about him for a while.

downstairs
07-29-2005, 07:44 AM
What's the deal with Wade Boggs hat? Is he going in as a Devil Ray?
I thought they changed the rules on that a couple years ago, but I haven't heard anything about him for a while.

I believe it is Boston. Yeah, they changed the rules and fast when Dave Winfield started taking big-time gifts from both the Padres and Yankees, essentially bidding off the hat he would wear.

At the same time Boggs had mentioned that he was going to wear the TB hat.

Deadguy
07-29-2005, 08:23 AM
:hurt "I'll be there......in 2013."

Hangar18
07-29-2005, 08:35 AM
I am leaving tomorrow and heading to NY for the yanks game then up to cooperstown the weekend. I was wondering if any other sox fans will be there. Im really excited this will be my first time there. I am meeting my granpda there too and he said alot of old timers will be there signing autographs like Willie Mays, Reggie Jackson, etc. Sounds like a great time to visit the hall of fame. Anyway, is anyone else going out there. We can meet up and watch the sox game sunday night.

To see Ryne "Bozo Basket" Sandberg get inducted? NOPE. I'll be there
when Big Frank gets inducted though .........

maurice
07-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Upstate NY is beautiful. Lots of lakes and mountains. I went about 15 years ago and will be going again in October. You couldn't pay me enough to go during Sandberg's induction.

greasywheels121
07-29-2005, 11:29 AM
:hurt "I'll be there......in 2013."

Never been there yet, but I'll do everything in my power to make sure I'm there when the Big Hurt gets inducted into the HOF. No question there.

Dick Allen
07-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Have fun with all the blue sheep lurking around.

BigEdWalsh
07-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Is Sandberg going to wear a Phillie hat?

:cower:

BainesHOF
07-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Perhaps you can join Joe Morgan and protest the induction of Ryne Sandberg, who Milt Pappas even said yesterday on the radio isn't a Hall of Famer.

Just a warning for anyone looking to get autographs in Cooperstown. The big names in town will be signing at the local baseball shops, but they'll be charging a hefty fee.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Is Sandberg going to wear a Phillie hat?

:cower:

Yes and Ivan Dejesus is going to deliver a speech to introduce Sandberg. "Can you believe it, I was traded for this guy!"

DirtySouthsider
07-29-2005, 12:51 PM
I thought I was headed to Cooperstown.....but then I figured out by age twelve that I couldn't hit a curveball!

:redneck

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-29-2005, 12:57 PM
I thought I was headed to Cooperstown.....but then I figured out by age twelve that I couldn't hit a curveball!

:redneck

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/my-eyes.jpg

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-29-2005, 12:58 PM
By the way, i am leaving tomorrow for cooperstown on a 7 day vacation with the fam.