PDA

View Full Version : Worls Series in Arizona?

MarySwiss
07-28-2005, 04:54 PM
D'Backs 6, Cubs zip...

The Cards are beating the snot out of the Padres...

And the Twinks already lost...

Works for me!

I am really looking forward to meeting you guys at Games 3 & 4. There are several bars near BOB--all of them classier than the ones near Wrigley--where we can get together for a beverage or two.

And October in Arizona does not exactly suck.

Remember, this is only a fantasy unless and until it actually happens.

BTW, in 2001 the D'Backs management put up a Jumbotron in the plaza outside BOB, so people who could not get tickets could see the game. It was all very festive. So there are worse NL teams the Sox could play against

32nd&Wallace
07-28-2005, 05:50 PM
D'Backs 6, Cubs zip...

Works for me!

I am really looking forward to meeting you guys at Games 3 & 4. There are several bars near BOB--all of them classier than the ones near Wrigley--where we can get together for a beverage or two.

BTW, in 2001 the D'Backs management put up a Jumbotron in the plaza outside BOB, so people who could not get tickets could see the game. It was all very festive. So there are worse NL teams the Sox could play againstAnyone else have no clue of what this guy is talking about?

DaleJRFan
07-28-2005, 05:53 PM
I think that he is suggesting a sub-500 team, namely the Diamondbacks, are going to win the NL penant and play the Sox in the World Series.

All I can hope from the Diamondbacks is that they will trade Chad Tracy to the Sox... they aren't making the playoffs.

Johnny Mostil
07-28-2005, 05:56 PM
I think that he is suggesting a sub-500 team, namely the Diamondbacks, are going to win the NL penant and play the Sox in the World Series.

Yes, that is what she, Mary, is suggesting . . .

MarySwiss
07-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Ahem, gentlemen!

My handle, MarySwiss, might suggest to many that I am of the female persuasion. (Thank you, Johnny Mostil for picking up on that admittedly subtle clue.)

And yes, winning the NL pennant and playing the Sox in the WS is exactly what I am suggesting. And before you dismiss this as the ravings of a lunatic mind, consider:

1) The D'Backs are currently 2 games out in the NL West. (Right, the NL West is a weak division. But isn't that what everyone always says about the AL Central?)

2) Nobody gave the D'Backs much chance to beat the Yankees in 2001 either. Especially after they went down 3-2. (Wonder of wonders!)

3) As--I believe--PHG said in an earlier post, everybody enters the playoffs with a 0-0 record.

Next?

Dick Allen
07-28-2005, 06:11 PM
D'Backs 6, Cubs zip...

Works for me!

BTW, in 2001 the D'Backs management put up a Jumbotron in the plaza outside BOB, so people who could not get tickets could see the game. It was all very festive. So there are worse NL teams the Sox could play againstDoesn't Dan Majerle have a bar/restaurant in the BOB area there?

MarySwiss
07-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Doesn't Dan Majerle have a bar/restaurant in the BOB area there?

Yes, Majerle's is only a couple of blocks away. Decent bar food and a good chance you'll spot guys like Thunder Dan, Tom Gugliotta, Jake Plummer, and Charles Barkley. There's also AliceCooperstown--yep, THAT Alice Cooper--nearby. Good ribs.

And the close-in suburbs like Tempe have some good spots as well. (Gawd, I should send this to the Phoenix C of C. They'd hire me in nothing flat!) :wink:

Daver
07-28-2005, 06:38 PM
There's also AliceCooperstown--yep, THAT Alice Cooper--nearby. Good ribs.

Vincent Fuernier also had a restaraunt in Detroit, not sure if it is still open or not.

MarySwiss
07-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Vincent Fuernier also had a restaraunt in Detroit, not sure if it is still open or not.

Go ahead, Daver; show off! :smile: