PDA

View Full Version : More ESPN Bilge

dcb33
07-28-2005, 10:29 AM
From Steve Phillips Chat:

Darius (Boston): Mr. Phillips- HELP ME! A few weeks ago I was confident that the A's posed no threat to my Angels. But now i am concerned. Do you think Anaheim will trade for Mark Buehrle or Pedro Martinez?

http://espn.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Steve Phillips: (11:22 AM ET ) Absolutely, I think that they have a chance to get both Mark and Pedro. I'm just kidding as I"m sure you were, too! The Angels are out looking for some starting pitching depth, but it's not a very compelling market. They may be better served by adding a veteran lefty like J.C. Romero or Eddie Guardado or maybe even a Jason Christinasen.

EDIT: I'm so embarassed.

mjmcend
07-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Besides the joke not being all that clever or funny, I don't see how this is the even the slightest bit dumb. Unless you really don't think the Angle's want middle relief.

fquaye149
07-28-2005, 10:47 AM
From Steve Phillips Chat:

Darius (Boston): Mr. Phillips- HELP ME! A few weeks ago I was confident that the A's posed no threat to my Angels. But now i am concerned. Do you think Anaheim will trade for Mark Buehrle or Pedro Martinez?

http://espn.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Steve Phillips: (11:22 AM ET ) Absolutely, I think that they have a chance to get both Mark and Pedro. I'm just kidding as I"m sure you were, too! The Angels are out looking for some starting pitching depth, but it's not a very compelling market. They may be better served by adding a veteran lefty like J.C. Romero or Eddie Guardado or maybe even a Jason Christinasen.

Wow. Steve must've hit the...
:bong:
...harder than he normally does this morning...

EDIT- Here's the link so you can witness this stupidity for yourself:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=8767

um?

samram
07-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Besides the joke not being all that clever or funny, I don't see how this is the even the slightest bit dumb. Unless you really don't think the Angle's want middle relief.

Yeah, I don't see what's strange about his response. It's one of the few times he's made any sense this year.

TornLabrum
07-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I don't see what's strange about his response. It's one of the few times he's made any sense this year.

Perhaps the poster only read the first sentence of Phillips' reply.

mdep524
07-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Besides the joke not being all that clever or funny, I don't see how this is the even the slightest bit dumb. Unless you really don't think the Angle's want middle relief. Umm yeah... I don't get it either. Steve Phillips is an idiot, but you did read the part where he says he's kidding, right? Otherwise, what's so :nuts: :smokin: :kukoo: about the Angels wanting relievers?

RKMeibalane
07-28-2005, 10:50 AM

That's my impression, as well. I feel badly for you and the rest of the teachers who have to put up with this crap every day.

dcb33
07-28-2005, 10:54 AM

That's exactly what I did. I apologize for my knee jerk reaction.

kittle42
07-28-2005, 11:02 AM
That's my impression, as well. I feel badly for you and the rest of the teachers who have to put up with this crap every day.

I don't think it's just kids. In this sound-byte society, there are way too many knee-jerk reactions by everyone, and way too many of those lead to insults and fisticuffs.

Vernam
07-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Aw, don't be too hard on the poster. Someone should've sicced the Teal Police on Phillips.

VC

samram
07-28-2005, 11:11 AM
In dcb's defense, he admitted his mistake, and we've all seen far worse on this site. There's plenty of posters on this site that can't be bothered to read the threads they post in, or use grammar so bad it makes Sammy Sosa sound like Henry Higgins. I don't think dcb is one of those posters.