PDA

View Full Version : Is today the day?

RallyBowl
07-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Just wondering if today is the day we pull off the trade. Shingo' s options are up today, Willie has been showcased, and KW should hear something today about Frank before everyone else does. Although I have been opposed to a trade all season (unless it was for Bliiy Wagner or Griffey or guys like that), now I am not sure. Frank is lost for who knows how long, Iguchi has a bum ankle, Crede and Herm have bad backs, and Viz- he is the only player on the team I feel this way about and have all season- is just not very good. The sky is definitely not falling, as we are still going to the playoffs. But, I have sort of changed my tune a little, and think we may need some reinforcements to help us pop the bottles in October. Anyway I've got a feeling if anything happens, it will be today.

BTW, AJ Burnett and Jason Schmidt are not the answer.
Just thought I should say that here since I avoided the "super rumor" threads.

BeviBall!
07-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Either today or Sunday. Let's hope today so we can stop showcasing some of these players. And by some of these players, I mean Mr. Harris.

fledgedrallycap
07-28-2005, 11:11 AM
To: The California Penal League
For: A bag of balls

Seriously, the Sox won't get anything for those two players that will help us this year. Maybe a couple mid to low level prospect for Shingo.

FoulTerritory
07-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Either today or Sunday. Let's hope today so we can stop showcasing some of these players. And by some of these players, I mean Mr. Harris.

Heh, showcasing Willie Harris. Thats humorous.

Its likeing putting a torn up tar stained dress in a store front window.

If want Willie to keep his value, its best to keep him out of the store front window, and in the back closet . . . or in this case, on the bench.

infohawk
07-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Iguchi has a bum ankle

I didn't know this. Did he sprain or twist it?

itsnotrequired
07-28-2005, 11:24 AM
The Sox have until 2 PM today to decide what they want to do with Shingo. Hopefully a trade will be announced by then. I think all the trade rumors are hurting the team chemistry a bit.

itsnotrequired
07-28-2005, 11:25 AM

If want Willie to keep his value, its best to keep him out of the store front window, and in the back closet . . . or in this case, on the bench.

What, you mean 0-4 with three called Ks and two errors isn't a good performance?:tongue:

BeviBall!
07-28-2005, 11:28 AM
What, you mean 0-4 with three called Ks and two errors isn't a good performance?:tongue:

You forgot the "I'm just now learning to walk" attempted 4-3 DP.

Ol' No. 2
07-28-2005, 11:32 AM

If want Willie to keep his value, its best to keep him out of the store front window, and in the back closet . . . or in this case, on the bench.I think you guys have been listening too much to the "rip on Willie Harris" talk. The Twins signed Brett Boone for crissake. If you don't think there are at least a half-dozen teams who would love to have Willie Harris, you haven't been looking around.

itsnotrequired
07-28-2005, 11:36 AM
I think you guys have been listening too much to the "rip on Willie Harris" talk. The Twins signed Brett Boone for crissake. If you don't think there are at least a half-dozen teams who would love to have Willie Harris, you haven't been looking around.

Oh, just having some fun at Willie's expense.:wink:

I did find it ironic that Hawk points out an actual Giant scout in the stands, mentions how he could be looking at Willie and Willie ends up having probably his worst game of the season.

UofCSoxFan
07-28-2005, 01:07 PM

Ok...so i just burst out laughing in the middle of the office when I read this.:rolling:

BeviBall!
07-28-2005, 02:04 PM

No kidding. If baseball was one big infomercial, Willie would be the "before" guy.