PDA

View Full Version : Orioles-Rangers game

Jjav829
07-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Ooohh things just got interesting. Bottom 10, runners on 1st and 2nd and 2 outs. Luis Matos singles to center and Gary Matthews Jr. throws a strike to home to nail the base runner. That base runner just happened to be Sham-ME. Sham-ME was out a by a mile so what does he do? He goes into home spikes high and puts the bottom of his foot into the chest of Rod Bajaras. Bajaras immediately jumped up and was pissed off. Sham-ME immediately started apologizing and even put his hand on Barajas's face. The benches cleared but nothing much happened.

Anyone else watching this game? I'm kind of hoping they make it to Sham-ME's next at-bat. I want to see if there is any retaliation. They also play again tomorrow.

doublem23
07-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Just saw the play on SC and got to say, that was pretty Bush League. You don't go spikes high into the catcher, if you want to rattle him, you do so at the cost of your own body. The guy's got to stand his ground and take your ****, so at least be a man about it and risk yourself if you're going to plow over him.