PDA

View Full Version : Jose Cruz Jr, anyone?

Flight #24
07-27-2005, 10:25 PM
Per rotoworld, DBacks DFA'd Jose today. Yes, he only hit .213, but he put up a solid .840 OPS w. RHs - admittedly in only 157ABs. Which says he may be a decent 4th of 5th OF with upside for a team that's an injury away from relying on a guy who hasn't cracked .700 in OPS in 3 years.....

:timo:

"Hey Flight - why you lookin' at me?"

Banix12
07-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Is there going to be a yay or nay thread about every player DFA'd?

The sox really don't need him and certainly other teams would be more willing to trade for him. So I don't think it is particularly likely. Certainly I like his glove and he has a little pop so I wouldn't mind him but I worry about a guy who has been hitting .206 since coming off the DL earlier this season and has only hit a .184 over the last two months. It's not like the NL West is a really difficult division to hit in. I'll take Timo as the backup OF. If I wanted a guy who can hit some homers and bat around .200 I'd promote Joe Borchard.

On another note, how dissapointing has this guy's career been? I remember when he came up he was supposed to be as close to a sure thing as any player coming into the league.

JB98
07-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Don't need Cruz. If we have an injury in the outfield, Brian Anderson is a better option. The kid is hitting .300 in Charlotte and has nothing much left to prove at the minor-league level.