soxwon
07-27-2005, 07:06 PM
1 who was at Joe Cowleys no hitter?
2 also who was at the no hitter against us
thrown by a NY YANKEE.

3 what no hitters have you attended?

StillMissOzzie
07-28-2005, 12:12 AM
The only no-hitter I've seen in person was at a Kane County Cougar game many years ago now. It was by the opposing pitcher, but by the end of the game, the crowd all wanted to see him get it.

However, I forget the team and that opposing pitcher.:(:

SMO
:gulp:

doublem23
07-28-2005, 12:47 AM
I have never attended one. Ever. At any level of baseball. My uncle, however, has been at two; Andy Hawkins' no-hit loss and a Jack Morris no-no he pitched against the Sox when he was with Detroit (damned if I know the year on that one).

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-28-2005, 02:06 AM
a Jack Morris no-no he pitched against the Sox when he was with Detroit (damned if I know the year on that one).

i dont know the year either, but my cousin + uncle were at that game

Johnny Mostil
07-28-2005, 08:31 AM
I was at the Hawkins' 7/1/90 no-hitter--the only one I've ever attended (or not, given current rules).

Morris's no-hitter was 4/7/84: http://retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B04070CHA1984.htm

eastchicagosoxfan
07-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Morris no-hit the Sox in 1984. It was part of the Tigers' 35-5 start, en route to a World Series victory. I was not at Cowley's, although in my bio I say I was. I checked the dates, and mixed up something, because I was not going to ballgames in the fall of 1986, as I was freshman in college. Unfortunately, I drank quite a bit when I went to games, and somehow.......
I was at Andy Hawkins's no-hitter in 1990, that the Sox won. I sat in the right field upper deck. Fisk hit a sky high pop-up, and the Yankee outfielder lost it in the sun. The bases were loaded as a result of a combination of 2? walks and an error?, I think.
I'll edit my bio, but did a Yankee throw a real great game in the spring of 1986 against the Sox?

Orta 4-6-3
07-28-2005, 09:54 AM
I was lucky enough to see two no-hitters in person: Jack Morris vs the Sox in April of '84, and Wilson Alvarez vs the Orioles in Baltimore in July of '91. As dramatic as it gets for regular season baseball!

SOXPHILE
07-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I was lucky enough to see the late Daryl Kyle's no hitter he tossed against the Mets in September of 1993, while with the Astros. Me dad and I were in Houston and just decided to go see a game that night at the Astrodome. It was a meaningless game as both teams were out of it, and just playing out the string. There was maybe 10-12 thousand people there.

Moses_Scurry
07-28-2005, 12:03 PM
I've been to a perfect game ..... in little league!

It only went 4 innings because of the slaughter rule though.

I think the pitcher struck every guy but one out.

Tekijawa
07-28-2005, 12:13 PM
My Friend saw Kerry Wood Pitch a Simulated no Hitter! That's about as close to seeing one as I've ever gotten!

Lip Man 1
07-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Actually it was Robin Ventura who hit a deep fly ball to left in the Hawkins game that Jim Leyritz, playing out of position in left field bungled with the bases loaded.

Then Ivan Calderon hit a fly ball to right field which Jesse barfield bungled allowing the fourth run to score. All runs were unearned.

Also that 'no hitter' along with other lost no hitters or rain shortened no hitters (think Melido Perez) were removed officially from the record book a few years later by MLB.

Lip