PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Change Ideas

KnightSox
07-27-2005, 10:31 AM
No uniform change! Think about how many teams would kill for a recognizable symbol that is the old english "Sox",and i'm not just talkin' about expansion teams.Our symbol is a part of our long history in the league,and should not be interchangeable just to sell new jerseys or t-shirts.I know most here aren't talking about a drastic change, maybe a color or design alteration,but there is power in simplicity.

Brian26
07-27-2005, 12:38 PM
The uniforms are perfect. Do NOT change a thing! Nothing! No red border. No green. No updated road unis. Nothing. Keep them EXACTLY the same for years to come.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Take your Ritalin man. Get a hold of yourself, nobody is changing the teams' uniform. I know a few people have kicked that idea around, but that is just because they are bored on days off. The Silver and Black is here to stay forever.

Sxy Mofo
07-27-2005, 01:07 PM
*in his best gay voice*

I thsink some soft pashtels and light pinks would do wonders, just wonders for the attitude of the team. These boys need to be highlighted, people. They need to stand out. Black and white is SO 1990's.

Hitmen77
07-27-2005, 01:14 PM
:threadblows:

Why was this thread resurrected? As someone who grew up threw the embarassing period where the Sox bumbled around from tacky to bland to tacky uniforms every few years, I was so happy in 1990 when they unveiled the current "classic" uniforms. No way are they going to mess with success!

Tekijawa
07-27-2005, 01:20 PM
If we could get some jerseys with Schmidt, Burnett, Wagner, Guardado, or Huff across the back I think that would be pretty cool! Or how about for next year they have Jerseys with 2005 world Champions on one of the Sleeves, I think that would be extra cool!

Hangar18
07-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Or how about for next year they have Jerseys with 2005 world Champions on one of the Sleeves, I think that would be extra cool!

(Raises Drink and Toasts) YES. That would be awesome. I like the idea
of getting Schmidt more and more now that the Marlins are actually TRYING to get value for their players (Choi for Derrek Lee? unbelievable. Giving away Matt Clement? stupid)

dcb33
07-27-2005, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't have any problem with these bad boys being worn more often:
:walkoff:

starboy0
07-27-2005, 01:41 PM
There are no cooler uniforms in MLB than the Sox's uniform. Keep them the same!

Realist
07-27-2005, 01:46 PM
We currently have the best uniforms in baseball. The only better looking uniforms I've seen we're the Sox '59 uniforms. If they wanted to add a little red around the logo and numbers, I'd be all for it.

soltrain21
07-27-2005, 01:57 PM
The only change I want to see is a world Series champion patch added for next year.

Black Sox
07-27-2005, 02:34 PM
I like the 59 uniforms. The red trim is very cool.

DC Sox Fan
07-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Should we reply to this post if we don't want the uniforms changed? Or does that petition only work for trades???

soltrain21
07-27-2005, 06:02 PM
(Raises Drink and Toasts) YES. That would be awesome. I like the idea
of getting Schmidt more and more now that the Marlins are actually TRYING to get value for their players (Choi for Derrek Lee? unbelievable. Giving away Matt Clement? stupid)

Um....they didn't give away Matt Clement. They got a certain pitcher named Dontrelle Willis, ever heard of him?

Juice16
07-27-2005, 06:07 PM
I would like the same style but Navy and Red circa 1959. Once everyone else included black in their unis I got a little tired. If they keep them Silver and Black it's still cool with me.

Nellie_Fox
07-29-2005, 02:55 AM
I would like the same style but Navy and Red circa 1959. Once everyone else included black in their unis I got a little tired. If they keep them Silver and Black it's still cool with me.*heavy sigh* Once again, the '59 uniforms were black on cream (not white; look at any of the color pictures from the throwback game, and you'll see the difference between the cream color of the shirts/pants and the true white in the stripes on the stirrups) with red trim. There was no navy blue, or midnight blue, or dark blue, or any blue for that matter.

PeteWard
07-29-2005, 06:07 AM
Keep 3 of 4, as they are among the best in ball. But lose the awful black alternates. They are hideous. Then either go just with the other three or add the '59 unis to be worn on very selective occasions.