BeviBall!
07-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh well.

Viva Medias B's
07-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Well, at least the Twins lost.

itsnotrequired
07-26-2005, 11:00 PM
I guess if you're going to drop your first game against a team you have beaten 10 straight times this season, you might as well do it the way it was done tonight. An ugly game.

Oh well, still 12 up.

Jerko
07-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey, the magic number went down by one. Hopefully the number of Harrises on the Sox does the same.

whitesoxfan
07-26-2005, 11:02 PM
well, wasn't pretty especially on defense. that's all i'm going to say.

let's take 2 of 3 tomorrow guys :smile:

Cowhead418
07-26-2005, 11:02 PM
6 errors by the defense the last two starts for Buehrle. Ouch. Royals HAD to win sometime. Willie Harris should be tortured.

Viva Medias B's
07-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Maybe this was Willie Harris' last game in a White Sox uniform.

BeviBall!
Easier loss to take considering the monumental 1-run output by the Chicago Ozzies. It's all good... we got some laughs and we get to see them rebound in 14 hours. Let's hope Willie didn't sabotage the Schmidt trade!

rowand33
man that was ridiculous.

I hope Willie never starts/picks up a bat/put on a white sox uniform again.

ode to veeck
Hey, the magic number went down by one. Hopefully the number of Harrises on the Sox does the same

POTW material

PeteWard
well, wasn't pretty especially on defense. that's all i'm going to say.

let's take 2 of 3 tomorrow guys :smile:

Honestly, when you go into a series 9-0 vs. anyone, it's hard to expect a sweep. Though I thought the L would come last night, not for MB. Sox will hammer them tomorrow. :cool:

Hendu
07-26-2005, 11:04 PM
If Willie was being showcased for the scout in attendance...well let's just say the only place Willie's heading to is the minors.

Foulke You
07-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey, the magic number went down by one. Hopefully the number of Harrises on the Sox does the same.
Agreed. Willie=Automatic Out.:(:

This was also about as bad as the Sox infield defense has looked all year. On the flipside though, Dye has looked great out in RF all year but especially so here in KC. I guess playing there for a number of years helped him get a great read on balls hit in the air at Kaufman.

Oh well, this is just one of those 60 you're gonna lose. We were bound to lose 1 to the Royals sooner or later. You aren't going to go 19W-0L against a division rival. It just ain't gonna happen.

JDub35
Why did Iguchi and Rowand ride the pine tonight anyways?

Viva Medias B's
At least this thread hasn't turned into an online version of a typical Buffone-OB Bears loss postgame show.

MRKARNO
Wow, the defense has been totally awful behind Buehrle lately. In 3 of his last four starts, he has had multiple errors behind him and he has given up a lot of unneccessary base hits which were not ruled as errors due to poor defense. Ever since that June 28th start against Detroit where his ERA dipped to 2.42, he has had problems. I thought he had gotten over it after Cleveland, but apparently not. Shame on the defense. I have little concern about Buehrle, he'll turn it around, but they sure are robbing him of the spot as AL's best pitcher (and giving it to Garland. An intra-team conspiracy?)

On another note, the White Sox got dominated by another mediocre/bad right-handed pitcher. They did catch some bad breaks, but they still should have pounded Blowse Lima. Maybe trading for Griffey (or any good left-handed bat) wouldn't be such a bad idea after all...

MadCitySoxFan
Yes, three strike outs looking and that kind of play in the field merits Willie a trip to the waiver wire. Completely unacceptable. But almost laughable after the K in the 9th.

itsnotrequired

Shouldn't that be Harrisi?:tongue:

PeteWard
07-26-2005, 11:07 PM
If Willie was being showcased for the scout in attendance...well let's just say the only place Willie's heading to is the minors.

"Showcased"? As what? A carnival geek called the "Handless Wonder"?

BeviBall!
07-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Shouldn't that be Harrisi?:tongue:

http://stores.safeshopper.com/10/00/13/70/62/images/s17w1fw.jpg "I'm a better Harris to play... and I earn you interest!"

veeter
For one of the few times this year I thought the team looked flat. It's hard to get up for the Royals but you need all the wins you can get. Knowing the manager tomorrow they'll be intense.

lostletters
I will say it once and say it again.

SEND DOWN WILLIE.

He is the one weakness of this team.

Bring up one of the other infielders in the white sox minor league system. Willie sucks. Simple as that.

This should have been done awhile ago.

Cowhead418
Wow, the defense has been totally awful behind Buehrle lately. In 3 of his last four starts, he has had multiple errors behind him and he has given up a lot of unneccessary base hits which were not ruled as errors due to poor defense. Ever since that June 28th start against Detroit where his ERA dipped to 2.42, he has had problems. I thought he had gotten over it after Cleveland, but apparently not. Shame on the defense. I have little concern about Buehrle, he'll turn it around, but they sure are robbing him of the spot as AL's best pitcher (and giving it to Garland. An intra-team conspiracy?)

On another note, the White Sox got dominated by another mediocre/bad right-handed pitcher. They did catch some bad breaks, but they still should have pounded Blowse Lima. Maybe trading for Griffey (or any good left-handed bat) wouldn't be such a bad idea after all...

I agree that we should have hit Lima more than we did but if you watched the way he pitched closely you could see that he actually pitched quite well. He also looked more confident than usual. Maybe that's because he knew he'd get to face Harris.

TaylorStSox
I will say it once and say it again.

SEND DOWN WILLIE.

He is the one weakness of this team.

Bring up one of the other infielders in the white sox minor league system. Willie sucks. Simple as that.

This should have been done awhile ago.

What IF'er? Do you have any suggestions?

soltrain21
07-26-2005, 11:10 PM

Seemed like Pedro Lopez handled himself well while he was up. Helluva lot better than Willie can.

Cowhead418
07-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Honestly I don't care if we bring up some random guy from A. Any INF in our system or any system for that matter should be able to contribute more than Willie.

Mr. White Sox
07-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Pros of this game:
Luis Vizcaino's ERA dropped to 3.86, and he is now respectable trade bait for foolish scouts looking for a set-up guy.
Gload and Uribe almost hit home runs.
Konerko shows why getting Aubrey Huff (another GS tonight) would kind of rock.

Cons:
:weewillie
"Well guys, it's been fun, and I'll see y'all later"

:iguchi:
"Time for a raise yo!"

TaylorStSox
07-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Seemed like Pedro Lopez handled himself well while he was up. Helluva lot better than Willie can.

In how many games? Have you seen what Lopez is doing this year? Do you know how old he is? Have you compared Willie's minor league numbers to Lopez'?

Willie does need to go but there's nobody in this organization ready to step up. We're going to need to find a veteran UT guy.

TaylorStSox
07-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Maybe Getz or Valido can magically jump 3 levels.

BeviBall!
07-26-2005, 11:13 PM
If we're worried about team chemistry keeping Willie here, I'll take my chances.

Now we know what you get when you mix Willies and Bases.

Hitmen77
07-26-2005, 11:14 PM
Didn't we go through this last time Willie started a game for us? Maybe we can trade him for some magic beans.

The offense was terrible tonight. I guess "Cy" Lima was just too much for them.

soltrain21
07-26-2005, 11:14 PM
In how many games? Have you seen what Lopez is doing this year? Do you know how old he is? Have you compared Willie's minor league numbers to Lopez'?

Willie does need to go but there's nobody in this organization ready to step up. We're going to need to find a veteran UT guy.

Since when are minor league stats the end all be all of how good a guy is? Pods wasn't that great as minor leaguer and he is great up here. Willie was AMAZING as a Minor Leaguer and he is terrible.

Pedro was fine while he was up...and if we aren't going ot make a move for a REAL utility guy then he should be our guy.

Great glove, too.

Hendu
07-26-2005, 11:15 PM

:KW

"Hello, can I speak to Mr Alomar please?"

Tragg
07-26-2005, 11:16 PM
Isn't there a kudo's to willie thread just below this one. I didn't read any of it - figured it was probably a gag thread. I can't believe we don't have an AA player who can play at Harris' level.

How did MB look tonight? Was he hit or was it cheap BS surrounded by errors?

BeviBall!
07-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Isn't there a kudo's to willie thread just below this one. I didn't read any of it - figured it was probably a gag thread. I can't believe we don't have an AA player who can play at Harris' level.

Little of both. Horrible defense and no offense... but MB gave up his share of hits.

TaylorStSox
Since when are minor league stats the end all be all of how good a guy is? Pods wasn't that great as minor leaguer and he is great up here. Willie was AMAZING as a Minor Leaguer and he is terrible.

Pedro was fine while he was up...and if we aren't going ot make a move for a REAL utility guy then he should be our guy.

Great glove, too.

So you're going to replace a .300 career minor league hitter with a guy that can't hit at all in the minors? And, this is based on a 5 game cup of coffee where he had 7 AB's IIRC. Good call. You should call JR and see if you can interview for an assistant GM position.

soltrain21

Not only errors, but balls that should have been reached. Willie made an awful play that lead to the first run, and Emil Brown hit a double that should have been stopped by Walnuts.

TaylorStSox
07-26-2005, 11:18 PM

He didn't look good regardless of the defense. He's been off for a few games, but nothing to worry about.

soltrain21
07-26-2005, 11:19 PM
So you're going to replace a .300 career minor league hitter with a guy that can't hit at all in the minors? And, this is based on a 5 game cup of coffee where he had 7 AB's IIRC. Good call. You should call JR and see if you can interview for an assistant GM position.

I said bring him up IF we can't get a legit utility guy...and if you think Lopez can't do what Willie is doing then you are blind.

And get that belitting crap out of here.

BeviBall!
07-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Not only errors, but balls that should have been reached. Willie made an awful play that lead to the first run, and Emil Brown hit a double that should have been stopped by Walnuts.

PK was nowhere near that ball, but he didn't exactly kill himself going for it either. That was a fluky inside-the-park-GS if ever there was one!

Mr. White Sox
07-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Little of both. Horrible defense and no offense... but MB gave up his share of hits.

How were all of Buehrle's runs given up earned? Like, for example, Teahen's inside the park home run?

There unfortunately isn't really anyone in the minors that's a major-league ready 2B...so, what's the #1 priority? Bullpen arm, utility guy, or power hitter? I say go after Aubrey Huff, Julio Lugo, or Ron Villone. Don't do anything drastic KW...a starter is not the top priority I don't think.

Hendu
07-26-2005, 11:21 PM

Actually, the Royals executed their game plan really well. Lots of opposite field hits where they were just going with the pitch. Sweeney also had a bunt single that caught Pablo and pretty much everyone else by surprise.

ode to veeck
Burly didn't look bad at all. He threw 7 pitches in a two minute 5th inning and the sixth was two seing eye singles, a bunt Crede would have thrown out, a double and 3 or 4 bad throws. The other run came a couple innings earlier when Willie called everyone off a pop up he couldn get to costing the Sox a run.

Banix12
Why did Iguchi and Rowand ride the pine tonight anyways?

My guess is that with tonight's late start and tomorrow being a day game Ozzie might have wanted to give some of his starters a night off so they'll be better rested for tomorrow. Just a theory. Hernandez is usually harder to hit than Lima so maybe he decided to take his chances with the bench tonight.

On a defensive note that isn't Harris related. The sox need someone to backup crede at 3rd who isn't Ozuna. He just doesn't seem to be picking up the hot corner all that well. I trust the man at SS and even in the OF and 2nd, but 3rd isn't his position. I would rather see Uribe play there on days Crede gets a rest and put Ozuna at SS.

TaylorStSox
07-26-2005, 11:22 PM
I said bring him up IF we can't get a legit utility guy...and if you think Lopez can't do what Willie is doing then you are blind.

And get that belitting crap out of here.

Pedro Lopez couldn't hold Willie Harris' jock. This isn't a knock on Lopez as much as it's a knock on organizational depth. There's no way that Lopez hits .265 in the majors with an .OBP of around .350. It's just not going to happen. He has a good glove but so does Willie.

I like Willie but it's obvious he doesn't fit here. The next step is to make a trade, not promote from within.

ode to veeck
07-26-2005, 11:25 PM
On a defensive note that isn't Harris related. The sox need someone to backup crede at 3rd who isn't Ozuna. He just doesn't seem to be picking up the hot corner all that well. I trust the man at SS and even in the OF and 2nd, but 3rd isn't his position. I would rather see Uribe play there on days Crede gets a rest and put Ozuna at SS

The only play that was questionable by Ozuna at 3rd was the bunt single and my how we've come to expect Crede's glove at 3rd, cause a lot of 3rd basemen wound't have made that play. Otherwise, Ozuna made some pretty decent plays out there tonight.

lostletters
07-26-2005, 11:25 PM
If we're worried about team chemistry keeping Willie here, I'll take my chances.

Now we know what you get when you mix Willies and Bases.

Willie is the one guy that may be effecting team chemistry in a NEGATIVE way. He is clearly disappointed in not being an everyday player, and I think he takes it to the field.

Also I agree ANY IF would be better. We do not need a veteran. We need a guy who can field who is just happy to play in the majors. Not a disgruntled guy who wants to be a starter when he is a bench player.

Lopez would be fine, hell anybody in the system who can play second and short would be fine.

Knights infielders (ss and 2b)
Guillermo Reyes
Wilton Guerrero
Felix Martinez

Barons
Angel Gonzalez
Pedro Lopez

There five guys capable of replacing a guy who does not want to be there.

Tragg
07-26-2005, 11:26 PM
We played our third string tonight, too. Is Iguchi hurt? 2 starts in a row for Harris? Harris and Perez and Osuna in the same lineup.

HebrewHammer
07-26-2005, 11:27 PM
So I guess the final should read Willie Harris 7, White Sox 1.

If we were really going to deal him wouldn't it have been wiser to leave him on the bench? It's really the only way his trade value wouldn't go down. Just bring him in in the late innings or have him pinch run? Showcase his, um, talents?

Is there anyway that when Kenny tries to sell Willie to other teams he's not put on speakerphone and mocked by the entire office?

"Let me tell you about Willie Harris..."

"Hang on Kenny...There we are. You were saying?"

*giggles heard*

How long after "The Inning" do you think the Giants scout in the stands hung around for? Is there any way he wasn't calling the Giants front office asking if he can get an earlier flight?

Tragg
07-26-2005, 11:28 PM

Can't be any worse than Harris.
Bring him up until we find that veteran.

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 11:28 PM
My guess is that with tonight's late start and tomorrow being a day game Ozzie might have wanted to give some of his starters a night off so they'll be better rested for tomorrow. Just a theory. Hernandez is usually harder to hit than Lima so maybe he decided to take his chances with the bench tonight.

On a defensive note that isn't Harris related. The sox need someone to backup crede at 3rd who isn't Ozuna. He just doesn't seem to be picking up the hot corner all that well. I trust the man at SS and even in the OF and 2nd, but 3rd isn't his position. I would rather see Uribe play there on days Crede gets a rest and put Ozuna at SS.

On his pre-game radio show Ozzie said that with the heat over the past several days, he wanted to rest several guys so they'd be ready for the day game tomorrow.

ode to veeck
07-26-2005, 11:29 PM
How were all of Buehrle's runs given up earned? Like, for example, Teahen's inside the park home run?

They were earned because each of the baserunners got on base originally through a scored hit, and unfortunately, the Sox made enough bad throws to score everybody who managed to get to 1st safely.

TaylorStSox
07-26-2005, 11:30 PM
I guess it wouldn't be WSI if there wasn't a thread blaming 7 runs on one guy. That guy's not even the pitcher. :redneck

LVSoxFan
07-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Well, people take it from your loyal reporter who was there. I'm in my hotel right now after driving back from Kauffman.

It just was not happening tonight. Buerhle started out okay, but they were hitting him left and right. Lima was mowing us down. Our offense looked anemic--I was right behind our dugout, watching it all. BTW, there were plenty of Sox fans at the game--I was sitting with a group of them.

Games like this you just have to write off--it was such a comedy of errors (like that infamous Oakland game) that we're gonna lose a few like this. I'd rather get blown out like this than have one error (the Crede error against Boston) ruin what could have been a comebacker.

We looked like hell. That's all there is to it. Am I worried? No. Why? Well, sooner or later KC was gonna finally beat us--even WE beat Oakland once in a while. And, having been here all day, I can tell you the rain delay was draining. I'm surprised they even got the game in. At 7PM here it was still raining like a bitch, and it had been pouring for at least two hours. I wonder if the delay caused the Sox to go into their "West Coast" mode because of the late, late start. Sure, that sounds silly, but you have to admit--those late starts on the West coast historically must have something to do with our record out there.

When things like Uribe throwing that wild throw to home happen, you know we're in for a bad night. And Pods getting picked off trying to steal.

File it, guys. We'll be okay. I'll be there tomorrow as well and hopefully we'll take the series. And if you recall, as we've been saying since April, as long as we do that... we're good to go. Yeah, KC's in the dumper, but welcome to baseball--anybody can beat anybody on any given day. KC gets smoked by us and then turns around and sweeps the Yankees. They're not just going to lay down everytime we show up. They do have some good players--speaking of which, a lot of players with really high batting averages, which I only noticed tonight looking at the scoreboard.

PLUS, we had three subs in: Ozuna, Perez and Willie. It wasn't the "A" team.

On the brighter side, I highly recommend coming to Kauffman if you can ever see it--it's a really cool stadium. Definitely 70s (lots of concrete), but big and wide open.

Funny differences: instead of the pizza race, they do the hot dog race. They also have a "dance contest" where they have two little kids in the crowd have a dance off. Also, a "limbo" contest where a bar on the big screen is lowered and people in the shot have to duck under it.

Little known fact: some kid sang the national anthem tonight--he looked about six years old. When he got to the "rockets red glare" part, he had to go falsetto because he couldn't hit the notes. I was standing behind Freddy and Crede and they were just cracking up.

Forget about it. Tomorrow we kill. I'll report back after that one too.

lostletters
07-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Can't be any worse than Harris.
Bring him up until we find that veteran.

This is my point. No veteren will come in to be an infrequently used bench player.

Secondly. Who cares about the age of the player. Hell maybe a guy in thier late twenties or early thirties would be for the better.

LVSoxFan
07-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Oops. Bump. See above.

bafiarocks03
07-26-2005, 11:34 PM
maybe if you guys would stop talking trash about him! he'd play better!! im sure all the negativity from teh fans doesn't help him any!!

LVSoxFan
07-26-2005, 11:35 PM
Oh yeah and one other thing: having seen Harris from just a few feet away and the way he hit the ball--he looked like hell.

But then again, who didn't tonight. AJ took a lame swing at a pitch and I thought he was kidding, it was so non-commital.

TaylorStSox
07-26-2005, 11:36 PM
maybe if you guys would stop talking trash about him! he'd play better!! im sure all the negativity from teh fans doesn't help him any!!

He's a grown man that has to deal with criticism. I've been in his corner the whole time but my patience has worn.

PeteWard
07-26-2005, 11:38 PM

As if anyone would care what we write!

yeah, I'm sure his play today was a direct result of this board:rolleyes:

Banix12
07-26-2005, 11:40 PM
The only play that was questionable by Ozuna at 3rd was the bunt single and my how we've come to expect Crede's glove at 3rd, cause a lot of 3rd basemen wound't have made that play. Otherwise, Ozuna made some pretty decent plays out there tonight.

While I agree that he was decent tonight. He has had issues out there most times I have seen him out there this season. The guy just makes me nervous out there. It is by far his worst position.

Foulke You
07-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Forget about it. Tomorrow we kill. I'll report back after that one too.
Bring back a White Sox Winner!

BTW, looked like a decent amount of Sox fans in the crowd tonight from what they showed on TV. Did you bump into many there?

DumpJerry
07-26-2005, 11:41 PM
:roidduck

"Mr. Baker says he can something positive with a young man like Willie Harris. Do you want Derrick Lee for Harris? Straight up trade?

:KW
"Buh bye Willie. Paulie, you're the DH in blow out games. World Series, here we come!"

Why no pic of Baker for us to use?

Mr. White Sox
07-26-2005, 11:43 PM
I also thought the only redeeming quality of Willie's was his consistent defense when spelling Iguchi. He proved me wrong tonight. Unfortunately, as TaylorSt has already stated, there's nobody in the minors that could really do much better than Willie. Lopez is a little ways away, and two other legit prospects, Valido and Getz, are in Hi and Low A respectively and aren't getting called up any time soon. If you want to make a trade for defense, go for Vizquel, although you'd be giving up quite a bit for an aging vet. If you're going for just a bat, get Lugo, as he'd be fine in the #2 spot and, if spelling Uribe, could allow Iguchi to go into the 8 or 9 hole.

ode to veeck
07-26-2005, 11:44 PM
I guess it wouldn't be WSI if there wasn't a thread blaming 7 runs on one guy. That guy's not even the pitcher.

Let's see now, the guy chased everyone off a pop up that directly lead to the first run, then in the 6th made a throw so bad it scored even the batter on a weak double, while at the plate he was hitless, watched called third strikes three times and left at least 3 men on base. Yeah, others were off tonight here and there, but Willie was the leader of the pack, by a country mile.

On the other hand, AJ and Dye did OK at the plate as was Dye in the field, and Osuna wasn't bad at third, even though we miss JC

An off night for the Sox for sure, but Harris was the pits

Hendu
07-26-2005, 11:49 PM
If we were really going to deal him wouldn't it have been wiser to leave him on the bench? It's really the only way his trade value wouldn't go down. Just bring him in in the late innings or have him pinch run? Showcase his, um, talents?

I can't think of any other reason why Willie would get the nod 2 games in a row (haven't heard anything about Tadahito being hurt). Maybe KW figures he can go out there against the Royals and have a couple good games while a scout is watching, increasing his trade value (which wasn't that high to begin with). And of course Willie goes out and has one decent game followed by this monstrosity. Go figure.

Vernam
07-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Little Willie Willie won't go home, but you can't push Willie round, Willie won't go.

Unfortunately. :rolleyes:

VC

Jerome
07-27-2005, 12:23 AM
:ralomar: :ralomar: :ralomar: :ralomar: :ralomar: :ralomar: :ralomar:

the quest for 3000 needs to end in a sox uniform

LVSoxFan
07-27-2005, 12:28 AM
Bring back a White Sox Winner!

BTW, looked like a decent amount of Sox fans in the crowd tonight from what they showed on TV. Did you bump into many there?

Yes I did. I must have seen at least 30 walking around; I was sitting by at least 10-15.

My sister called a bit ago; I guess I was on TV. I was sitting in the spot behind our dugout where whenever they showed a right-handed batter I was in the background.

And NO, I left my cellphone at the hotel and did not start calling people and waving, which I absolutely hate.

But yes, there were a lot and some of them were from KC too. Seems like there's a lot of Sox fans around the country now.

doublem23
07-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Law of averages, people... It was just bound to happen sometime.l

Tragg
07-27-2005, 12:43 AM
This is my point. No veteren will come in to be an infrequently used bench player.

Secondly. Who cares about the age of the player. Hell maybe a guy in thier late twenties or early thirties would be for the better.

They won't have any choice. Veteran utility infielders usually don't have the stroke to demand no-trade contracts.

JB98
07-27-2005, 12:52 AM

???????

It isn't like Willie is being booed at U.S. Cellular Field. I doubt he reads this message board. I don't think the fans have anything to do with his poor play.

I've tried to give Willie the benefit of the doubt. But he's been with us for nearly three seasons now, and he hasn't improved at all. That's the harsh reality. He had an opportunity to win the job at 2B in 2003 and again in 2004. Both times, he failed and KW had to bring in the aging Roberto Alomar.

I try not to bad-mouth our players too much on this board, especially with us being 31 games over .500. However with Harris, tonight is the straw that breaks the camel's back as far as I'm concerned. Everyone is entitled to a few mistakes over a long season, but tonight's performance by Harris was comical and embarrassing for our team. We just can't stand for this any longer. We need a backup infielder we can trust, and Willie isn't getting the job done.

rocky biddle
07-27-2005, 01:12 AM
I think Willie and Timo are getting more pt so they can be evalutated to see who's worse, and then they'll keep the lesser of the two evils. Kinda like throwing some s**t at the wall to see what sticks. Hopefully this is the end of Willie's tenure. He's long overdue. I was really hoping that Pods would rub off on him and show him how to utilize his speed, but no such luck. I hope he's on a plane to Charlotte (or anywhere else for that matter) by the time I wake up in the morning. Maybe we can trade him for Soriano?

balke
07-27-2005, 01:25 AM
Willie obviously has some psychological issues with the Maggs collision. its kinda painful to watch. Uribe should've had that 2nd dropped double play set-up.

I was kind of impressed with what Vizcaino was throwing tonight. It was junk time, but he had good control of his pitches, good movement too.

Banix12
07-27-2005, 02:03 AM
It's really a shame. Willie has had all the talent and ability in the the world to become a very good baseball player. We have all seen flashes of the player he could become. For some reason, probably mental issues like Hawk and DJ always refer to, he has never been able to put it together.

I still think he could one day become an effective major leaguer. I just don't think it is ever going to happen in a White Sox uniform. For every step forward he makes right now he seems to take a few steps back.

I will say though I think his baserunning has improved this season and I have always liked his patience at the plate.

TornLabrum
07-27-2005, 07:24 AM

That's it! He's picking up bad vibes, and his karma has been upset! How stupid of us not to have figured that out!

The Dude
07-27-2005, 08:25 AM

Give it up bafiarocks, it's not as if we boo him at the stadium like Cubs fans or anything. Poor, poor Willie. And if that was true, wee willie if you cant handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.:D:

BeviBall!
07-27-2005, 08:32 AM
it's not as if we boo him at the stadium like Cubs fans or anything.

Oh, we let him have it during that Oakland game. Well deserved verbal assault.

07-27-2005, 08:36 AM
Oh, we let him have it during that Oakland game. Well deserved verbal assault.

I know this was probably answered already, but WHY did he rest Iguchi again for Willie...Just seeing a lineup of Timo, Pablo and Wille, I knew Buherle was going to have to have a great game...I don't mind one of those players playing, but when all 3 do it's a receipe for disaster

Jerko
07-27-2005, 08:39 AM
As if anyone would care what we write!

yeah, I'm sure his play today was a direct result of this board:rolleyes:

He could have been reading WSI during his AT BATS and not have done any worse.

BeviBall!
07-27-2005, 09:27 AM
I know this was probably answered already, but WHY did he rest Iguchi again for Willie...Just seeing a lineup of Timo, Pablo and Wille, I knew Buherle was going to have to have a great game...I don't mind one of those players playing, but when all 3 do it's a receipe for disaster

SF Giants scout in attendance. I'm assuming for a Eyre/Harris swap. We'd be lucky to gets Bonds' kid after that performance.

Sxy Mofo
07-27-2005, 09:34 AM

You know the best part? It's that the sox CAN play all three of these guys on the same night in July. Season is a marathon, not a sprint, and the sox are in the coast part of the marathon, after sprinting to the lead. If I was ozzie, I'd have the comfortable lead, keep resting guys periodically now, but the last few weeks turn on the juice again.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Let's look on the bright side. At least we no longer have one of those teams that scores 14 runs one night, and one the next night.

Flight #24
07-27-2005, 09:41 AM
SF Giants scout in attendance. I'm assuming for a Eyre/Harris swap. We'd be lucky to gets Bonds' kid after that performance.

Eyre-Harris?

[drool]

FoulTerritory
07-27-2005, 09:42 AM

I do not like Willie Harris, but Bafiarocks, you are my favorite poster. Your devotion and enthusiasm are relentless!

But tell me Bafiarocks, what has caused you to be such a passionate Willie Fan??? Just curious.

soltrain21
07-27-2005, 11:22 AM
I do not like Willie Harris, but Bafiarocks, you are my favorite poster. Your devotion and enthusiasm are relentless!

But tell me Bafiarocks, what has caused you to be such a passionate Willie Fan??? Just curious.

She is a 14 year old girl. Me thinks she has a crush.

Tragg
07-27-2005, 11:24 AM
What timing. Give them Shingo for the situational lefty.

Shorty1983
07-27-2005, 11:34 AM
:caballo "you should of traded GIDPK, not me"

:walnuts "i don't like to get dirty, so i refuse to dive for balls mm-kay...why am I still batting clean up guys? "

Jerko
07-27-2005, 11:35 AM
She is a 14 year old girl. Me thinks she has a crush.

I think he hugged her at Soxfest once or something like that.

Lip Man 1
07-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Apparently Iguchi (respectfully) is asking the same question of Ozzie according to the papers today.

That game sucked big time. Need to rebound today. I expected one loss to these clowns, not two.

Lip

Vernam
07-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Apparently Iguchi (respectfully) is asking the same question of Ozzie according to the papers today.I sure hope they don't move Iguchi down in the order next year, though it is intriguing to think of him hitting for more power. Nice to see Ozzie call him their MVP; now JR needs to reward players who sacrifice stats for the greater good, because the team spirit won't last if guys get hit in the pocketbook for doing the right thing. It's amazing that Iguchi leads rookies in hits, with all the ABs he's given up to move Pods over.

VC

Frankly Missing
07-27-2005, 12:07 PM
I cant get worked up over this loss, Ozzie figured he could use all his second stringers all at once because MB was on the mound. It back fired, maybe a good learning experience.

What the heck, it gave KC fans a thrill, they needed it.

Now bring on the team and get back to bitness!

bafiarocks03
07-27-2005, 12:12 PM
I think he hugged her at Soxfest once or something like that.

Close! Well i met him like 8 times! and he's such a sweety! and He's hot! and I duno! i just like him! i was going to say..that he is a good player, but you people would yell at me for saying that! lol!

TornLabrum
07-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Close! Well i met him like 8 times! and he's such a sweety! and He's hot! and I duno! i just like him! i was going to say..that he is a good player, but you people would yell at me for saying that! lol!

I've heard that Harris's nickname is "Hollywood." That's not a good thing.

CHISOXFAN13
07-27-2005, 12:23 PM

Besides, you'd be wrong if you said that anyway.