PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Maddux on reaching 3000th Strikeout milestone

MRKARNO
07-26-2005, 10:47 PM
I'll be the first to do it...

Congratulations to Greg Maddux on his 3000th career strikeout!

(It's not his fault the Cubs were the only team giving him the big bucks to sign back in the 2003-2004 offseason. Besides, his best years were in Atlanta, as were about 3/5 of those K's).

JermaineDye05
07-26-2005, 10:50 PM
sorry not the first to do that, I actually was the first, well to post it, didnt start a thread about it, beat me to it, but yeah congratz to maddux, too bad he had to have Len Kasper call it

soltrain21
07-26-2005, 10:59 PM
He is still a douchebag.

Tragg
07-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Yea Maddox is a good pitcher, who chose to sign with the 2 most annoying teams in Major League history.

Rocklive99
07-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Who?

cleanwsox
07-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Only 2700+ more strikeouts to reach Nolan. For being a control pitcher, you have to give it up to Maddux on reaching that many K's. At least he will be wearing a Braves hat in the Hall of Fame.

Foulke You
07-26-2005, 11:35 PM
:burly

"Who's Greg Maddux??"

SOX LA Mikey
07-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Congrats Greg Maddux on your 10,000th career Finger Lick

Guaranteed endorsment deal with Kentucky Fried Chicken upcoming:bandance:

TaylorStSox
07-27-2005, 12:00 AM
Congrats! The guy's a great pitcher who broke alot of the traditional rules. He gets by on saavy more than stuff. Though his stuff has always been underated.

shoota
07-27-2005, 02:51 AM
He was one Cub who didn't bother me and didn't mind seeing him extend his 15 wins per year streak until he blasted Mark Buehrle. Now he can go fly a kite.

Here's to Maddux winning <15 wins in 2005. :gulp:

And wear a damn undershirt under your uniform, I don't want to see your collar bone.

34 Inch Stick
07-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Buhrle was the one who started it with Maddux. A little indignant reaction from a 300 game winner and future HOF when questioned about his pitching should have been expected.

Maddux has handled himself as a professional through virtually his entire career. He has been credited with going beyond what is required in helping younger pitchers. The man has done it well and done it correctly.

There is a lot of reasons to dislike the Cubs, especially the last couple of years but Maddux is not one of them.

Foulke You
07-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Buhrle was the one who started it with Maddux. A little indignant reaction from a 300 game winner and future HOF when questioned about his pitching should have been expected.
Wrong. The media implied that he questioned Maddux but Buehrle never called any Cub pitcher out by name. All Buehrle said was that it was a veteran Cub pitcher. Maddux is not the only veteran on the team.

RKMeibalane
07-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Who's Greg Madducks?

daveeym
07-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Wrong. The media implied that he questioned Maddux but Buehrle never called any Cub pitcher out by name. All Buehrle said was that it was a veteran Cub pitcher. Maddux is not the only veteran on the team.Face it dawg, MB started it.

The Dude
07-27-2005, 12:28 PM

Maddux has handled himself as a professional through virtually his entire career. He has been credited with going beyond what is required in helping younger pitchers. The man has done it well and done it correctly.

There is a lot of reasons to dislike the Cubs, especially the last couple of years but Maddux is not one of them.

Who's Buhrle?

Hangar18
07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Congrats Greg Maddux on your 10,000th career Finger Lick

Guaranteed endorsment deal with Kentucky Fried Chicken upcoming:bandance:

heh heh heh. Yeah Greg, Congratulations on almost 1/3 of your "strikeouts" coming against other pitchers, which is the equivalent of me striking out my grandmother with high heat "Gas ......she gawn! Hangar just reached back and got 89 yr old Mavis to chase it!!!" Maddux is also very lucky to have pitched in the NL, where the talent has been arguably not as great as in the AL (hence why he DIDNT want to come to an AL team when he was a FA, he knew what was up) Maddux is credited with the
"Maddux Zone", a zone that extends outwards from the plate at least 8inches, allowing him to get that outside strikeout when he may have normally NOT gotten it.

On the good side though, he plays for a team that has included some of the more selfish, self-centered, over-rated and unlikable guys in sport. Maddux wasnt one of those guys. He is a classy guy who conducts himself
with dignity (when hes stunk, he doesnt blame others) and the Cubs are
very LUCKY that not a single team wanted him back in Jan of 2004, and were
able to stumble back into re-acquiring him. Maddux is a good guy and had some of his most SPECIAL seasons when he was a Brave. He will end his career having appeared in the WS 4 times with the Braves and thats not a bad thing to include in your resume. Heres to him (and eventually The Messiah) wearing a BRAVES hat in Cooperstown.

TaylorStSox
07-27-2005, 02:03 PM
heh heh heh. Yeah Greg, Congratulations on almost 1/3 of your "strikeouts" coming against other pitchers, which is the equivalent of me striking out my grandmother with high heat "Gas ......she gawn! Hangar just reached back and got 89 yr old Mavis to chase it!!!" Maddux is also very lucky to have pitched in the NL, where the talent has been arguably not as great as in the AL (hence why he DIDNT want to come to an AL team when he was a FA, he knew what was up) Maddux is credited with the
"Maddux Zone", a zone that extends outwards from the plate at least 8inches, allowing him to get that outside strikeout when he may have normally NOT gotten it.

On the good side though, he plays for a team that has included some of the more selfish, self-centered, over-rated and unlikable guys in sport. Maddux wasnt one of those guys. He is a classy guy who conducts himself
with dignity (when hes stunk, he doesnt blame others) and the Cubs are
very LUCKY that not a single team wanted him back in Jan of 2004, and were
able to stumble back into re-acquiring him. Maddux is a good guy and had some of his most SPECIAL seasons when he was a Brave. He will end his career having appeared in the WS 4 times with the Braves and thats not a bad thing to include in your resume. Heres to him (and eventually The Messiah) wearing a BRAVES hat in Cooperstown.

If there's anyone on this site I'd suspect was a closet Cubs fan, it would be you.

shoota
07-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Wrong. The media implied that he questioned Maddux but Buehrle never called any Cub pitcher out by name. All Buehrle said was that it was a veteran Cub pitcher. Maddux is not the only veteran on the team.

Actually, Buehrle wasn't even that specific. He said a pitcher with years of experience. "Years" means more than one year, not necessarily a veteran, so Buehrle was basically saying a pitcher on the North Side with more than one year of experience could have been the culprit he was talking about. IIRC, a reporter asked him if he was referring to a starter or a pitcher in the bullpen, and Buehrle declined to answer, leaving it even more ambiguous.

The media is responsible for suggesting Maddux.

34 Inch Stick
07-28-2005, 11:59 AM
He also said a veteran pitcher who has had a lot of success. That seriously limits the number of people on the north side franchise

34 Inch Stick
07-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Who's Buhrle?

That one never gets old.

I would have put that in teal but I don't work in teal.