PDA

View Full Version : You Guys Are Waaaaaaaaaayyyyy Cool!

SOXSINCE'70
11-25-2001, 08:52 AM
:cool:

YOU ARE BY FAR THE COOLEST WEBSITE DEVOTED TO MY FAVORITE BASEBALL TEAM.I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE 1970 (HENCE SOXSINCE70) AND I CRINGE WHEN I HEAR OUR "BRAINTRUST" TELL US THAT THE SOX WILL BE SIGNING NO FREE AGENTS THIS WINTER.DUH!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE CHEAPEST BUSINESSMAN THIS SIDE OF THE MCCHEAPSKATES AND BILL WIRTZ IN REINSDORK.HE SAYS HE WON'T INVEST IN FREE AGENTS UNLESS WE,THE FANS,COME TO THE PARK.WELL,I KNOW I'LL BE THERE OUT OF MY LOVE TO THE TEAM,BUT MOST PEOPLE NEED A REASON TO COME THE DAMN PARK!!!!! WHEN IS THE MAN GOING TO LEARN???EITHER SELL THE TEAM TO A GROUP THAT WILL KEEP THE SOX IN CHICAGO OR SPEND SOME GODDAMN MONEY!!!I KNOW YOU'VE GOT SOME.HOW ABOUT THE DOUGH NO FREE AGENT WOULD TAKE TO PLAY FOR THE BULLS??

L8R

guillen4life13
11-25-2001, 10:37 AM
I agree entirely with what SOXSINCE'70 wrote.

I went to about 10 ballgames last season, and I can honestly say that I had a blast at all of them.

YES, I'M A SOX FAN, SO I ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME UNLIKE OUR WONDERFUL FRIENDS UP NORTH.

Canseco was a good deal for the fans, and he did help out the team.

Seriously, whenever he came up to bat, the crowd erupted.

I saw one of the two multi-homerun games he had (I was at the one vs. KC where one of the HR's barely made it cuz it had way too much pop).

Really, if you spend the money, the fans will come!

AND THE TEAM HAS TO PERFORM TO IT'S POTENTIAL, NOT BELOW IT. THIS SOX TEAM'S POTENTIAL IS A CHAMPIONSHIP, WITH A FEW TWEAKS HERE OR THERE.

AND, AS DAVER SAID, REINSY HAS THE REINS. IT'S ALL UP TO HIM.

SOXSINCE'70
11-25-2001, 10:54 AM
:walnuts

MY FRIEND AND I WENT TO ALMOST 30 GAMES THIS YEAR.IT HELPS TO GO IN ON A WEEKEND SEASON TICKET PLAN WITH A PARTNER.COOLEST THING ABOUT WEEKEND GAMES IS TAILGATING,NO QUESTION.MET MANY INTERESTING FANS THAT WAY.EVEN PARTIED WITH DAN THE "GET UP" MAN.HE'S LIKE OUR LOCAL TONY SOPRANO.FUNNY AS ALL HELL AND MAKES THE BEST BURGERS AND SAUSAGE YOU'LL EVER TASTE.
I REMAIN A FAN DESPITE OWNERSHIP'S STUPIDITY.AS I SAID IN POST,I AM NOT ASKING THE SOX TO SPEND 200 MIL ON A PAYROLL.JUST SHOW ME THAT YOU WANT TO BE BETTER IN 2002.GIVING KEITH FOULKE A CONTRACT EXTENSION WOULD BEGIN TO EASE SOME PAIN.

SEE YOU AT COMISKEY IN 2002!!

P.S. GOD,COULD WE USE OZZIE IN HIS PRIME RIGHT NOW!!

CerberusWG
11-25-2001, 11:35 AM
Guillen was horrific, I never liked him, and never will.

SOXSINCE'70
11-25-2001, 11:38 AM
:fsock

What,i should say Luis Aparicio??

Just kidding,Just kidding.

ihatethecubs
11-26-2001, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Guillen was horrific, I never liked him, and never will.

are you joking? I hope so.

kermittheefrog
11-26-2001, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70

YOU ARE BY FAR THE COOLEST WEBSITE DEVOTED TO MY FAVORITE BASEBALL TEAM.I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE 1970 (HENCE SOXSINCE70) AND I CRINGE WHEN I HEAR OUR "BRAINTRUST" TELL US THAT THE SOX WILL BE SIGNING NO FREE AGENTS THIS WINTER.DUH!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE CHEAPEST BUSINESSMAN THIS SIDE OF THE MCCHEAPSKATES AND BILL WIRTZ IN REINSDORK.HE SAYS HE WON'T INVEST IN FREE AGENTS UNLESS WE,THE FANS,COME TO THE PARK.WELL,I KNOW I'LL BE THERE OUT OF MY LOVE TO THE TEAM,BUT MOST PEOPLE NEED A REASON TO COME THE DAMN PARK!!!!! WHEN IS THE MAN GOING TO LEARN???EITHER SELL THE TEAM TO A GROUP THAT WILL KEEP THE SOX IN CHICAGO OR SPEND SOME GODDAMN MONEY!!!I KNOW YOU'VE GOT SOME.HOW ABOUT THE DOUGH NO FREE AGENT WOULD TAKE TO PLAY FOR THE BULLS??

L8R

We know this guy knows what he's talking about because he only types in caps.

kermittheefrog
11-26-2001, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs

are you joking? I hope so.

Well Ozzie did retire with a sub-.300 career OBP, if you look at his numbers he didn't do a single good thing for his teams on offense. Since he played good defense I doubt he really hurt his teams but he wasn't exactly a prototypical shortstop or a guy you build your team around.

LongDistanceFan
11-26-2001, 04:49 AM

YOU ARE BY FAR THE COOLEST

L8R thank you, thank you, i accept all salutations and honors........... thank you.

FarWestChicago
11-26-2001, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

We know this guy knows what he's talking about because he only types in caps. Hey, he got a little excited about our birthday. Cut him some slack. :smile:

ma-gaga
11-26-2001, 11:46 AM
at least he didn't pee his pants...

:)

FarWestChicago
11-26-2001, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
at least he didn't pee his pants...

:) LMAO!!!

Jerry_Manuel
11-26-2001, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
We know this guy knows what he's talking about because he only types in caps.

I'm not a fan of that.

SOXSINCE'70
11-26-2001, 07:16 PM
:(

I type in caps out of laziness.Spread the word.

Daver
11-26-2001, 07:20 PM

I type in caps out of laziness.Spread the word.

Laziness is a poor excuse,and will not be tolerated at WSI.

Spiff
11-26-2001, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by daver

What about laziness combined with smilies?

:) :) :)

LongDistanceFan
11-26-2001, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

What about laziness combined with smilies?

:) :) :) wow davers..... no more laziness around here......... i am truly bummed now. :):)

FarWestChicago
11-26-2001, 08:08 PM

I type in caps out of laziness.Spread the word. If you want to be lazy, type in all lower case. Caps are screaming. :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
11-26-2001, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by daver

Is that a new rule?

Jerry_Manuel
11-26-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
davers....

You did it again Distance.

No "S".

:smile:

LongDistanceFan
11-26-2001, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
If you want to be lazy, type in all lower case. Caps are screaming. :smile: you mean i been doing it and i didn't know it was b/c of laziness........... i thought it was b/c i was such a lousy typist and trying to find the shift and hold while typing to be annoying....... :)

SOXSINCE'70
11-26-2001, 10:11 PM

ok,you win.all lower case.damn that shift key anyway!!

LongDistanceFan
11-26-2001, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

You did it again Distance.

No "S".

:smile: i have a lisp.

FarWestChicago
11-26-2001, 10:39 PM

ok,you win.all lower case.damn that shift key anyway!! Thank you! :D:

SOXSINCE'70
11-27-2001, 08:44 PM
Glad to be of service.

Spiff
11-27-2001, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i have a lisp.

lmao ldf you got some funny lines the past few days.