PDA

View Full Version : Daigle Player of the Month.........

He gone
07-26-2005, 06:47 PM
In the Carolina League

Daigle Is Still TOPPS Of Carolina League
Current Charlotte Knight Leo Daigle was honored today as the June TOPPS Player of the Month for the Carolina League. During his time with Winston-Salem Daigle was leading the league in all 3 Triple Crown categories (.362/24/85), including 12 homers, 37 RBIs and a .447 average in 22 games during the month. Daigle is still leading all of minor league baseball with 93 RBI's

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/245/leo3ay.jpg

nelly+luis=gods
07-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Leo can obviously hit, but the guys an absolute butcher at 3rd.

Letmehearya
07-26-2005, 08:37 PM
How old is this guy? Is he a journeyman or a prospect?

soltrain21
07-26-2005, 09:50 PM
How old is this guy? Is he a journeyman or a prospect?

He is no prospect...he is like 28 and JUST got brought up to AAA from A.

duke of dorwood
07-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Willie Harris isnt a prospect-I'll take Daigle

Randar68
07-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Willie Harris isnt a prospect-I'll take Daigle

Willie Harris hit .400 in AAA at a younger age than Daigle. Not sure why we need to have this irrational infatuation with career minor leaguers several times a year...

Fred Manrique
07-27-2005, 01:28 AM
Willie Harris hit .400 in AAA at a younger age than Daigle. Not sure why we need to have this irrational infatuation with career minor leaguers several times a year...

Not really sure how this is an irrational infatuation, people were making simple comments about a guy who is putting up great numbers. No one is yelling for him to be batting third in our order or the answer to any hitting woes.

FredManrique
07-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Not really sure how this is an irrational infatuation, people were making simple comments about a guy who is putting up great numbers. No one is yelling for him to be batting third in our order or the answer to any hitting woes.

You stole my moniker Foo'!

Ol' No. 2
07-27-2005, 09:51 AM
He is no prospect...he is like 28 and JUST got brought up to AAA from A.After spending SIX YEARS playing A ball. Who spends SIX YEARS in A ball? Best case: put some lipstick on him and see if you can get someone to give you something for him in a trade.

Randar68
07-27-2005, 10:14 AM

This is a continuation of past threads on the topic.

Fred Manrique
07-27-2005, 10:15 AM
You stole my moniker Foo'!

Oh man, I didn't realize someone else had the name, you should get yours changed...

Is there a way for me to switch to a new name?

voodoochile
07-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh man, I didn't realize someone else had the name, you should get yours changed...

Is there a way for me to switch to a new name?

reregister. You only have 15 posts anyway.

voodoochile
07-27-2005, 10:20 AM
I saw Daigle play in April when I went to a WS game in Kinston. I thought he looked the strongest of any of the players on the team from a batting perspective, but I didn't know at the time he was a career minor leaguer.

Maybe something in his personal life changed this year. I won't speculate, but people do make lifestyle changes that allow them to make a big step in their chosen careers sometimes. Maybe someone finally grabbed Leo by the collar and said, "Grow up, son... do you want to be remembered as the guy who never made it out of A-ball or do you want to try to do something with your life?"

maurice
07-27-2005, 12:00 PM
people were making simple comments about a guy who is putting up great numbers

Thing is, he's NOT putting up great numbers. He WAS putting up great numbers for an A-BALL TEAM at an absurdly advanced age for that level. Now, he's been playing at AAA for about a month, posting .241 / .259 / .380, striking out every third AB, and killing the Knights defensively. Other journeymen on the Knights are batting over .300. Can you imagine the numbers they'd put up against A-ball pitchers? Would that make them legit prospects, notwithstanding their age and experience?

He gone
07-27-2005, 05:37 PM
He is no prospect...he is like 28 and JUST got brought up to AAA from A.

He is actually 25 years old. He was drafted by the Tigers in 1997. He spent 4 years in A ball, a season in AA ball and was on Toledo's (AAA) roster in 2004 when he was released. The Sox picked him up and he spent last year at Kannapolis where he hit .292 with 18 HRs and 90 RBIs in 119 games.

The only reason I posted this was to let everyone know that a player in the Sox system was being honored.