PDA

View Full Version : Hafner to the DL; Liefer recalled

Jjav829
07-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Hahahaha, Jeff Liefer is back in the bigs! Now that's funny.

It's a shame to see that Hafner is still feeling the effects of being hit by Buehrle.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-indians-hafner&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Mr. White Sox
07-26-2005, 06:13 PM
That is a shame...but it's great to see Jeff "Slowly Picking Up Steam As He Rounds The Bases" Liefer back in the bigs!

I actually do have a good memory of him: hitting a monster 3-run HR off of Roger Clemens a couple of years ago.

ode to veeck
07-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Yikes, not good signs for Hafner, though they did make it retroactive so he could be back in a few days ... hope he's OK

Brian26
07-26-2005, 08:55 PM
I actually do have a good memory of him: hitting a monster 3-run HR off of Roger Clemens a couple of years ago.

I may be wrong, but I think he had a huge homer at the Shrine in either 2001 or 2002. I'll have to look that one up.

Banix12
07-26-2005, 09:37 PM
That is a shame...but it's great to see Jeff "Slowly Picking Up Steam As He Rounds The Bases" Liefer back in the bigs!

Well hopefully Liefer can make the most of his stay this time. It's a shame that Jeff Liefer's most well known contribution to baseball is being responsible for having a minor league game delayed in Indianapolis while they tried to release him from a locked bathroom.

ChiSoxFann
07-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Cant wait got tickets against the Tribe in September ill be there in my game used Jeff Liefer spring training jersey, game used Jeff Liefer hat, and im going to get my game used Jeff Liefer bat signed. Total cost of future hall of famer game used items $35 :cool:

cleanwsox
07-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Cant wait got tickets against the Tribe in September ill be there in my game used Jeff Liefer spring training jersey, game used Jeff Liefer hat, and im going to get my game used Jeff Liefer bat signed. Total cost of future hall of famer game used items $35 :cool:

Are you Jeff Liefer's wife?

ChiSoxFann
07-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Are you Jeff Liefer's wife?

no, just a huge fan you saw him crush balls back in the day he has 80 hr potential just give the guy a chance. I bought the jersey as the Sox fest in 02, then in 2003 i bought a spring training hat and saw his #39 after i bought it and my brother just hated Liefer he said he was the worst defensive player in the history of baseball, he might be right too watching him chase down fly balls in leftfield would almost,almost make you miss Lee's glove out there. So just to piss him off even more i bought one of his bats for $10. I dare anyone here to top my amazing Jeff Liefer collection!