PDA

View Full Version : MB letter to all WS fans

SOXfnNlansing
07-26-2005, 05:34 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050719&content_id=1136963&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws Dear White Sox Fans,

First, I want to thank all Chicago White Sox fans for your tremendous support so far this season. I know I speak for all of the guys in the clubhouse when I say your enthusiasm has been a big part of our success so far, and hopefully our on-field success will continue through the regular season and beyond.

The All-Star Game is an unbelievably hectic two or three non-stop days of meeting people and media interviews. Since this was my second time making the team, it was a little bit easier for me since I knew what to expect. Being in the clubhouse with some of the guys who have been in the league for so long and are going to be Hall of Famers was an experience I can't describe. At our team meeting, I was looking around and started getting the chills when I thought about the seasons and careers these guys have enjoyed.

Having Jon Garland, Paul Konerko and Scott Podsednik in Detroit along with me made the experience even better. It was nice to see our first half rewarded by the managers, coaches and fans. I was honored when Terry Francona picked me to start the game, although Jon was just as deserving -- if not more so -- than I was.

There are always a lot of parties going on as part of the event, and one that I went to was for Stuff Magazine. There were tons of celebrities there, which was pretty cool. I was with my fiancée, Jamie, and she wanted us to get a picture with the guy from "Desperate Housewives," who I later found out was from Chicago. I went up and asked if he would mind taking a picture with us, and he said, 'Sure, if you'll sign a ball for me.' It was surprising that he knew who I was.

I caught myself hanging out with Garland quite a bit, so I made a point of trying to get to know as many of the guys as possible – like Johnny Damon, Manny Ramirez and Kenny Rogers. At one point I was in the outfield with Kenny, and we ended up talking about Ichiro Suzuki and how to get him out. Ichiro is one guy I can never seem to get out (.500, 12-24). Kenny has had pretty good success against him, so he was giving me advice on how he pitches to him. I know he's been in the news a lot lately, but I was surprised to find out what a good guy Kenny is.

Surprisingly, I wasn't nervous at all before the game. When I woke up Tuesday, I was a little jittery, so I thought I still might be for the first pitch. But by the time I was warming up in the bullpen, I was really relaxed. A lot of my friends said they saw me laughing in the bullpen when I was throwing to (catcher) Jason Varitek. What happened is that it sounded to me like they announced, "Warming up in the American League bullpen is Mark Buehrle of the Chicago Red Sox."

Once the game started, everything came together for me and the American League. Miguel Tejada (shortstop from Baltimore) made a big play for me to help me out in the first inning, and it was exciting in the second inning to strike out a guy like Derrek Lee, who is having an MVP season.

Overall, it was a great experience for everyone involved, and hopefully even more White Sox will have a chance to represent Chicago in 2006.

Thanks again for the great support this season, Mark Buehrle

Deuce
07-26-2005, 05:44 PM
:thumbsup: :worship: :burly

Thanks for thinking of us, Mark!

fquaye149
07-26-2005, 05:48 PM
pretty big buehrle fan

MarySwiss
07-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Very nice, Mark!

34 Inch Stick
07-26-2005, 05:50 PM
No, no, no thank Youuuu Mark Buhrle

soltrain21
07-26-2005, 05:51 PM
pretty big buehrle fan

Really?! ME TOO!

Sxy Mofo
07-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Eh, I've never liked the guy. Seems so self-absorbed. Terrell-Owenish if you will.

MIgrenade
07-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Eh, I've never liked the guy. Seems so self-absorbed. Terrell-Owenish if you will.

Sirens

Sxy Mofo
07-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Sirens

What? It took me 3 months to use teal for the first time. You think I'm going to come right back a few days later and use it again? Nuh uh.

zach074
07-26-2005, 06:08 PM

Teal police anyone?

DrGiggles
07-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Thats special Mark. I love when we get our players and coaches sending messages recognizing us fans who support you guys so well. I know I'm no Desperate Housewives star but can I get an autographed balls.

doublem23
07-26-2005, 07:32 PM
What? It took me 3 months to use teal for the first time. You think I'm going to come right back a few days later and use it again? Nuh uh.

Granted, that was pretty obvious, but if you're going to go against the grain of the board, don't be surprised if the Teal Police pull you over. :rolleyes:

batmanZoSo
07-26-2005, 07:40 PM
He writes pretty well. It doesn't seem like it was written by a baseball player. Doesn't surprise me, though, because without any dominant pitches, he must have something working in that noggen.

What a nice guy. Can you imagine if Prior wrote a letter like this? You probably won't hear any mention of this outside of the boards.

doublem23
07-26-2005, 07:46 PM
What a nice guy. Can you imagine if Prior wrote a letter like this? You probably won't hear any mention of this outside of the boards.

Of course not, but you will hear about how Mark loooooooooves the St. Louis Cardinals and how in 3rd grade his report on what he wanted to be when he grew up was about being a pitcher for St. Louis. Then you'll probably hear about how he sucks because he doesn't average 27 strikeouts per 9 IP. Then you'll probably hear how much of a douchebag he is because said that Greg Maddux might be a cheater (despite the fact he never said that anyway). And last, but not least, I'm sure someone will pull up the stat that Mark Buehrle averages a little under 26,000 fans per home start.

skobabe8
07-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Of course not, but you will hear about how Mark loooooooooves the St. Louis Cardinals and how in 3rd grade his report on what he wanted to be when he grew up was about being a pitcher for St. Louis. Then you'll probably hear about how he sucks because he doesn't average 27 strikeouts per 9 IP. Then you'll probably hear how much of a douchebag he is because said that Greg Maddux might be a cheater (despite the fact he never said that anyway). And last, but not least, I'm sure someone will pull up the stat that Mark Buehrle averages a little under 26,000 fans per home start.

Thats dead on. What an awesome letter and cool thing to do. I have a feeling #56 may turn out to be a guy who ends up owning this town like Ditka does in about 15-20 years and could run for mayor if he wanted.

Chips
07-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Thats dead on. What an awesome letter and cool thing to do. I have a feeling #56 may turn out to be a guy who ends up owning this town like Ditka does in about 15-20 years and could run for mayor if he wanted.

Buehrle for Mayor. I like the sound of that.

chisoxfanatic
07-26-2005, 08:19 PM

:tealpolice:

Me likey Markie!!!

Sly
07-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Buehrle's great ... If I could pick any athlete to hang with, it might be him.

ChiSoxPatF
07-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Can we sign him to a 10year, $100 million deal? He'll be worth more in about 2 years.:o:

This is not teal.

ChiSoxPatF
07-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Buehrle's great ... If I could pick any athlete to hang with, it might be him.

In a heartbeat.

Hagan
07-26-2005, 08:53 PM
no problem mark! Mark buehrle is a class act all the way.

doublem23
07-26-2005, 09:45 PM

Not until he wins a World Series. Ditka's only revered because he won 1 game.

kevingrt
07-26-2005, 09:47 PM
We all love Mark Buehrle :supernana:

robertks61
07-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Mark, you're a great ambassador for the Chicago White Sox. Congratulations on the great season!

skobabe8
07-26-2005, 10:37 PM
Not until he wins a World Series. Ditka's only revered because he won 1 game.

I was implying that. :smile:

ode to veeck
07-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the letter Mark, we're all behind you

Sxy Mofo
07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Granted, that was pretty obvious, but if you're going to go against the grain of the board, don't be surprised if the Teal Police pull you over. :rolleyes:

I'm a non-conformist and a sox fan. Combining those two means I hate everything.