WhiteSoxNation
07-26-2005, 03:36 PM
AJ is the man

MarySwiss
07-26-2005, 03:53 PM
If I remember correctly Jim Rome said that he would have AJ on his

Rome is burning show on espn tv today...3 or 3:30pm I'm not sure,

he will interview him, should be fun

I actually stopped disliking AJ as much once he left the Twinks. And last year when I heard him a couple of times on Rome's radio show, I started to like him a lot. He really comes across as a straight-shooter and gives an intelligent, entertaining interview; in fact, he didn't even freak when some of the losers who call Rome tried to rile him. He's one of the main reasons I bet the farm on the Sox to win it all this year.

Thanks for the heads-up; can't wait to see the interview!

:D:

So.ILSoxFan
07-26-2005, 04:10 PM
What a beast :gulp:

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Yep. Just mentioned that the AJ Pierzynski interview will be up next! :bandance:Thanks for the heads up.

UofCSoxFan
07-26-2005, 04:41 PM
someone post what he says?...no tv in the office sadly.

MarySwiss
07-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Still no AJ. Rome's saving the best for last, no doubt.

rowand33
07-26-2005, 04:46 PM
AJ's on after the break, which should be any second.

NOW

CellBlockInmate
07-26-2005, 04:52 PM
AJ tells about the Tribune bias how they spin everything for the Cubs and against the Sox

G-Ville Sox
07-26-2005, 04:53 PM
"I dont want to talk about the Giants, I want to talk about the White Sox"

Here is a guy who really has his head on straight. He wants to be in Chicago, and I really believe that he is trying to prove a lot of people wrong....

Lets sign him to a three year extension, and make this a dynasty!

:gulp:

ChiWhiteSox1337
Some crappy paraphrasing...
AJ: "
-Chicago's the best place to play in.
-The fans are great.
-It's still a Cubs town, but that's because of the Tribune and Jay Mariotti writing about them.
-The Sox laugh about the articles and coverage in the paper, but AJ thinks the Sox can win some support over to the dark side with the success this year
- Ozzie's going to release AJ if he doesn't say Ozzie's the greatest manager in the history of baseball.
- AJ didn't hear about the Giants' trainer story until a few days after the article came out, but KW said they didn't care about that.
- He's tired of talking about the Giants. He wants to talk about the White Sox because there are a bunch of great guys on the team and in the organization.
-Podsednik's the only guy who can outrun AJ

Chisox003
Awesome interview

Rome is a Jackass

AJ :gulp:

ChiSoxRowand
07-26-2005, 04:54 PM
AJ tells about the Tribune bias how they spin everything for the Cubs and against the Sox

Yea that was great, had a nice jab at Mariotti too.

rocky biddle
07-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Very pro-White Sox interview. Rome actually called the Sox dominating. I'm shocked the espn censors let that through. I was waiting for a fluke question.

MarySwiss
07-26-2005, 04:58 PM
CLASSIC interview! Man, I will never erase this tape! :D:

AJ:

Slammed the media (especially that Cub-Times knucklehead whose name I never say). Said when the Sox get the papers, they laugh and the first thing they say is "How are the Cubs doing?"

Said the players were great, team is great, city is great, FANS are great.

Said nice things about Ozzie, Coop, Mark, Jon, Freddy, El Duque, and Pods specifically.

Rome tried to ask him about San Fran, but he brought the conversation right back to the Sox!

OUTSTANDING!!!!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Here's to you, AJ! :gulp:

Letmehearya
07-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Remember, at ESPN the "Sox" dominating is a good thing in their eyes. The problem is when he's referring to "White" Sox. As long as Rome said the "Sox" are dominating, he'll remain employed.

rocky biddle
07-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Aj is being intervied on the Hotlist on ESPN news right now. Much better interview, only questions about the White Sox and no muckraking. AJ praised the team's defense and, when asked why the Sox keep winning he said, "We do a lot of the overlooked things really well." He also said Contreras has the best stuff of the starters and Jenks of the relievers.

cheeses_h_rice
07-26-2005, 05:56 PM
:moron

Yep, I think I found what my column will be about tomorrow...

With a comically large lead over the second place Minnesota Twins, White Sox catcher AJ Pierzynski has instead focused his attention primarily on this writer. A sadder state of affairs for the ballmall-playing Smut Sox, I could not imagine...

PorkChopExpress
07-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know if this show gets replayed later in the day?

DaleJRFan
07-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Does anyone know if this show gets replayed later in the day?

middle of the night on ESPN1000

Shorty1983
07-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Boy after hearing the interview A.J really does sound like a cool guy to be around. He praised the organization and said nothing but good things about us fans.

:gulp: Cheers to another classy Sox ballplayer.

Chips
07-26-2005, 09:09 PM
middle of the night on ESPN1000

Do you know what time is starts at?

knocko94
07-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Midnight, unless the game lasts too long

rocky biddle
07-26-2005, 09:38 PM
I have the ESPN news interview on Tivo. If I can figure out how to transfer it to my comp, I'll post it somewhere for whoever would like to see it.

Vernam
07-27-2005, 01:25 AM
Yep, I think I found what my column will be about tomorrow...I'm sorry, but this had to be done:

http://www.cipherdom.com/pix/Mariotti-Pepper.jpg

VC

ChicagoHoosier
07-27-2005, 10:28 AM
I have the ESPN news interview on Tivo. If I can figure out how to transfer it to my comp, I'll post it somewhere for whoever would like to see it.

That would be cool if you could do that. With DirecTV, I still haven't been able to transfer that stuff to my computer unless I used one of those low quality cables. But it's not linked to my network like other TIVOs allow you to do.

If you could do that, please PM me or just post it. Thanks!

Hitmen77
07-27-2005, 10:42 AM
:moron

A sadder state of affairs for the ballmall-playing Smut Sox, I could not imagine... ...

Did he really call the Sox the "Smut Sox"??? This is the 3rd reference i have seen on this site to Moronotti saying that.

I think the negative crap the Sox have to put up with is just un-f*ing-believable!

Hitmen77
07-27-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm sorry, but this had to be done:

http://www.cipherdom.com/pix/Mariotti-Pepper.jpg

VC

Why did you give Moronotti a more normal looking face? :redneck