PDA

View Full Version : Trade deals ?

White Sox Randy
07-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Is anyone else feeling like these deals that we are so eagerly awaiting are not going to happen at all ?

I'm feeling like the following guys will not be traded : Griffey, Wagner, Schmidt and Huff. Even Burnett may not be traded.

Griffey has a no trade and has made it pretty clear that he wants to stay in Cincy.

Jjav829
07-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Griffey has a no trade and has made it pretty clear that he wants to stay in Cincy.

Huh? When has he said that? Griffey has repeatedly said recently that he'd consider a trade to a contender because he wants to win a World Series.

And yes, I worry that none of those guys will be traded.

Madvora
07-26-2005, 11:45 AM
If we don't end up with Burnett, Schmidt, Vizquel, Griffey, Huff, Overbay, Randa, Lilly, Eyre, Guardado, and Wager... then some people are going to be pissed here!

- What about Kendall? Is this the first year he hasn't been rumored to the Sox?

White Sox Randy
07-26-2005, 11:49 AM
If we don't end up with Burnett, Schmidt, Vizquel, Griffey, Huff, Overbay, Randa, Lilly, Eyre, Guardado, and Wager... then some people are going to be pissed here!

- What about Kendall? Is this the first year he hasn't been rumored to the Sox?

Personally, I favor not making too many deals. I think we have a great thing going and I don't like messing with the defense. It has been so good.

Even though I find trades very exciting, I would be happy just to bolster the bullpen.

The Dude
07-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Personally, I favor not making too many deals. I think we have a great thing going and I don't like messing with the defense. It has been so good.

Even though I find trades very exciting, I would be happy just to bolster the bullpen.

I feel like KW will make 2 small deals, pen help and a utility player for prospects. Nothing too flashy but deals that will solidify positions for minimal prospects.

GAsoxfan
07-26-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm hoping for Guardado and Vizquel.

Madvora
07-26-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm hoping for Guardado and Vizquel.
I agree with those.

Flight #24
07-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Huh? When has he said that? Griffey has repeatedly said recently that he'd consider a trade to a contender because he wants to win a World Series.

And yes, I worry that none of those guys will be traded.

Personally, I'd love if none of those guys gets traded. Because I think the Sox are as good or better than their AL competitors right now. My concern would be if our top competitors (BOS, NYY, LAA) make trades and add significant pieces and we are unable to.

Fred Manrique
07-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Personally, I'd love if none of those guys gets traded. Because I think the Sox are as good or better than their AL competitors right now. My concern would be if our top competitors (BOS, NYY, LAA) make trades and add significant pieces and we are unable to.

I agree, with the way things are right now, I think we can still get through the AL. But if we arent pulling deals for Burnett, Schmidt, Wagner, Griffey, etc. someone else will. Getting Burnett just means it is that much more likely we'll get to face an average starter from the Yankees or Red Sox.