PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Patio Party Info.

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 11:09 AM
I've received the official flyer for this as a .pdf file. I've sent it to George in hopes that he can set up a link to it. If he or someone else here can do this, it has an order form you can mail or fax to the Sox. You can also phone in the order, as I'll point out below.

Here is (most) of the text of the flyer:

CORE OF THE CORE
SOX FAN BASE OUTING

Sox vs. Royals

Thursday, September 8, 2005

7:05 p.m. U.S. Cellular Field

Hey Totally Biased Sox Fans!

This one's for you: join your fellow “core of the core” Sox fans for a fun-filled Thursday night at U.S. Cellular Field. Meet your fellow die-hard Sox fans in the Patio area for a 2-hr. pregame party and enjoy the company of your Sox-biased friends, share Sox stories, and discuss post-season possibilities. Re-locate to your Lower Reserved seats after the party to continue your discussions on the main concourse. Additionally, if you book a group of 20 or more tickets, plan on the following perks:

•Seats together

•Free Scoreboard Message

•2 Gift Certificates to an '06 White Sox Game

So wear your Sox Pride on your sleeves to the Sep. 8 game and take advantage of a special late-summer event!

ALL ORDERS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY AUGUST 19 WITH FULL PAYMENT.

MAIL THIS FORM WITH Core of the Core Night, September 8 vs. Kansas City Royals__
PAYMENT TO: # of Tickets Ticket Price Total___
PATIO PARTY & GAME TICKET
CHICAGO WHITE SOX $41 (regularly $51)__________________
SALES DEPARTMENT
333 W. 35TH ST. PARKING @ $17_____________________
CHICAGO, IL 60616 TOTAL ENCLOSED______________

All orders will be accepted via mail or fax and no service fees will apply. Orders will not not be redeemed at the box office. be redeemed at the box office. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.

Name _________________________User Name_______________________

Address___________________________________________ ____________

City, State, Zip_______________________________________________ __

Home Phone_________________ Work Phone________________________

E-Mail______________________________________________ __________

Please charge my: __Visa Mastercard ___Amex ____ Discover

Account# _____________________ Expiration Date________________

Credit card orders can be faxed to Anthony Wade at 312.674.514

OR:

___Enclosed is a check or money order payable to the Chicago White Sox. Check #______________

(BAND-WAGON FANS NOT ALLOWED)

You can imagine why I'm hoping George or somebody can link to the PDF this is based on. That's supposed to be the box to fill in your order....Oh, well....

Here is more information:

All of the seats are in Sec. 105. The Sox have started by reserving 500 seats and patio seats. If orders are going well, and it looks like that amount will be exceeded, the Sox will add seats. If you want to bring family or friends (heck, if you want to bring your own group within the group), feel free to do so. There is no limit to the number of tickets a person can reserve.

If you have tickets for the game already and only need patio passes, call Kurt Hasenbalg at (312) 674-5187 or email him at khasenbalg@chisox.com .

I'd hold copying the order form until we find out if George or someone here can set up a link. They already have an order for two tickets, so only 498 seats in Sec. 105 are left.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Awesome Hal...AWESOME. I'm ordering mine tonight.

The Dude
07-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Awesome! I'll order mine when the pdf is posted. My horrible writing couldnt fit in those little boxes.:cool: Also, any word on wearing screen name tags, etc ?

DaveIsHere
07-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Is that 41 dollars for the party and the ticket in sec 105?

EDIT:
Never mind I ddidnt read it all the way

DaveIsHere and DavesWifeIsHere will order our tickets tonight:gulp:

Tekijawa
07-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Right over the visitors bullpen, wonder if that was planned???? Might as well put the "Core of the Core" in the visitors Clubhouse before the game too!

QueerGirrl
07-26-2005, 11:54 AM
I can't wait!!! There will be 4 of us at least. :gulp: I'm all for name tags by the way. I don't post very often but I'm here every day and I'm looking forward to putting faces to names (well, screen names that is). :bandance:

BigHurtEm35
07-26-2005, 11:59 AM
This is unbelievable, I luuuuuvvv the Sox Unity, it is definately a magical experience to be able to enjoy this year. Just one of many things to celebrate!

Madvora
07-26-2005, 12:05 PM
I'll be there for sure

Soxzilla
07-26-2005, 12:52 PM
That is awesome.

Chisox353014
07-26-2005, 01:21 PM
I like the "Bandwagon Fans Not Allowed" caveat. :cool:

It's the day after my birthday, so I have to go. :bandance:

SSN721
07-26-2005, 01:50 PM
I will have to get a ticket for this next month, most of my extra cash consumed by moving costs, but definietely want to be there, be great to meet all the personalities here.

chisoxfan64
07-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Can`t wait, this is gonna be a blast.:cool:

haganaga
07-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Right over the visitors bullpen, wonder if that was planned???? Might as well put the "Core of the Core" in the visitors Clubhouse before the game too!

I thought it would be cool if there was a "dog pound" type thing over there like in cleveland. Obviously not original, but I still think it would be pretty cool. Just a bunch of diehards giving opposing team bullpens "the business" every game.

DumpJerry
07-26-2005, 04:32 PM
If everyone brings a handful of nametags, we'll have more than enough.

BTW:
:cleo
"The Sox will Clinch on September 8th"

Personally, I'm hoping for sooner.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be the one with the Sox jersey on.

Chips
07-26-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm there.

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 05:54 PM
If I find out that they can't set up a link to the order form, I'll make sure people who need it are able to get it from me. I hope to hear from somebody tonight as to whether a link is doable

steff
07-26-2005, 05:59 PM
If I find out that they can't set up a link to the order form, I'll make sure people who need it are able to get it from me. I hope to hear from somebody tonight as to whether a link is doable

Hal.. I was able to mess with it and post it over at ST, but it messes up when I try to post it here. I'll email it to you right now and see if you can post it without it going all crazy..

halfpricemonday
07-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Hal.. I was able to mess with it and post it over at ST, but it messes up when I try to post it here. I'll email it to you right now and see if you can post it without it going all crazy..

I got the formatted post over at the thread at soxtalk and was able to print it out without a hitch. Thanks to Hal and steff for all the help!

halfpricemonday
07-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Hal,

In your original post, I think a digit from Anthony Wade's fax number got cut off. I think it should read 312.674.5140 (judging from the other WS group flyers with his fax # on it).

It won't matter once the actual pdf file is up, but for impatient members like me who had to rush out and fax over our info as soon as possible, it might save a bit of confusion.

Thanks again!

chisoxfanatic
07-26-2005, 07:34 PM
I'll definitely be there...Will put my order in sometime this week.

If we call our order in, may we go in to physically pick up our game ticket and patio pass?

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 08:26 PM
I'll definitely be there...Will put my order in sometime this week.

If we call our order in, may we go in to physically pick up our game ticket and patio pass?

The Sox will mail the stuff to you.

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 09:00 PM
CORE OF THE CORE SOX FAN BASE OUTING

Sox vs. Royals THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2005

7:05 p.m. U.S. Cellular Field

Hey Totally Biased Sox Fans!

This one's for you: join your fellow “core of the core” Sox fans for a fun-filled Thursday night at U.S. Cellular Field.Meet your fellow die-hard Sox fans in the Patio area for a 2-hr. pregame party and enjoy the company of your Sox-biased friends, share Sox stories, and discuss post-season possibilities. Re-locate to your Lower Reserved seats after the party to continue your discussions on the main concourse. Additionally, if you book a group of 20 or more tickets, plan on the following perks:

•Seats together

•Free Scoreboard Message

•2 Gift Certificates to an '06 White Sox Game

So wear your Sox Pride on your sleeves to the Sep. 8 game and take advantage of a special late-summer event!

ALL ORDERS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY AUGUST 19 WITH FULL PAYMENT.

MAIL THIS FORM WITH PAYMENT TO:

Core of the Core Night, September 8 vs. Kansas City Royals

PARTY PATIO & GAME TICKET

CHICAGO WHITE SOX

SALES DEPARTMENT

333 W 35TH ST

CHICAGO, IL 60616

# of Tickets _______ Ticket Price $41 (regularly $51) ______________ Price Total _______________

PARKING @ $17 ____________

TOTAL ENCLOSED______________

All orders will be accepted via mail or fax and no service fees will apply.

Orders will not not be redeemed at the box office. be redeemed at the box office. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.

Name _________________________User Name_______________________

Address___________________________________________ ____________

City, State, Zip_______________________________________________ __

Home Phone_________________ Work Phone________________________

E-Mail______________________________________________ __________

Please charge my: __Visa Mastercard ___Amex ____ Discover

Account# _____________________ Expiration Date________________

Credit card orders can be faxed to Anthony Wade at 312.674.5140

___Enclosed is a check or money order payable to the Chicago White Sox. Check #______________

(BAND-WAGON FANS NOT ALLOWED)

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Hope this works for you guys who want to order right away.

To PHG, FWC, or somebody else. I sent George a copy of the .pdf file of the flier. Can it be linked? I eagerly await some guidance on this. That kind of stuff ain' up my alley.

To those of you who want to see and mail/fax the original flier, I'll do something about that in the next 24 hours if somebody from WSI tells me there's no way to set up a link to it. (I'll probably just collect requests and email them...so you may want to check your spam filters if we go that route.)

Remember, the Sox are making 500 seats available. Bring family and friends if you like. I'm bringing a family member myself.

Daver
07-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Send the PDF file to me, and I will see what I can do with it, I make no promises. PDF files do not translate into an HTML base.

The Dude
07-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Hope this works for you guys who want to order right away.

To PHG, FWC, or somebody else. I sent George a copy of the .pdf file of the flier. Can it be linked? I eagerly await some guidance on this. That kind of stuff ain' up my alley.

To those of you who want to see and mail/fax the original flier, I'll do something about that in the next 24 hours if somebody from WSI tells me there's no way to set up a link to it. (I'll probably just collect requests and email them...so you may want to check your spam filters if we go that route.)

Remember, the Sox are making 500 seats available. Bring family and friends if you like. I'm bringing a family member myself.

I just copied and pasted your new flier into Word and it worked. Thanks again and see you all in September!

chisoxfan64
07-26-2005, 09:41 PM
I just copied and pasted your new flier into Word and it worked. Thanks again and see you all in September!

Ditto. :cool:

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 11:25 PM
I was extremely busy today from about noon until around 7:00, so I had no time to do any experimenting with setting up what I hope is a temporary solution to the problem with the flyer. (I was busy down in Kankakee taking my mom to the grocery store and then to the doctor.)

So thanks for setting that up so I could paste it. It worked like a charm!

steff
07-27-2005, 05:47 AM
I was extremely busy today from about noon until around 7:00, so I had no time to do any experimenting with setting up what I hope is a temporary solution to the problem with the flyer. (I was busy down in Kankakee taking my mom to the grocery store and then to the doctor.)

So thanks for setting that up so I could paste it. It worked like a charm!

YW.. I figured you had something going on since you normally get back to me ASAP. Glad to help out.

The Big Squirt
07-27-2005, 09:22 AM
You can download it in word format from my website...here is the link

http://www.hcthiele.com/SOX_OUTING.doc

TBS

TornLabrum
07-27-2005, 11:38 AM
And while we're waiting to see if there is any other way, email me if you'd like the original in .pdf form: hvickery@svs.com .

LuvSox
07-27-2005, 07:02 PM
You can download it in word format from my website...here is the link

http://www.hcthiele.com/SOX_OUTING.doc

TBS

Looks good, thanks!

RallyBowl
07-27-2005, 07:13 PM
I like the "Bandwagon Fans Not Allowed" caveat. :cool:

It's the day after my birthday, so I have to go. :bandance:
It should say "No dark coluds or trolls allowed".:smile:

santo=dorf
07-27-2005, 08:39 PM
This is the Sox form (https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/bschalle/www/core.pdf)courtesy of Hal.

TornLabrum
07-27-2005, 09:17 PM
This is the Sox form (https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/bschalle/www/core.pdf)courtesy of Hal.

Since this is the form the Sox sent us, I'd suggest that you print copies of this to order tickets. Thanks, dorf!

To make everyone's life easier, I've put the link in a different thread, so that it's right there at the beginning for everyone to find.

DumpJerry
07-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Should I be concerned that this game is against the Royals???

jake27
08-01-2005, 12:31 AM
just to let anyone know, if anyone from the schaumburg/barrington/wauconda area cant go because they dont have a ride, i can give ya a lift. just shoot me over a message. i have 3 seats open for use.

TornLabrum
08-02-2005, 03:59 PM
My tickets arrived in the mail today. I ordered them on the 28th.

Eddie Gaedel
08-05-2005, 09:12 AM
soxruleEP (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=719), brewcrew/chisox (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=1633), and myself will be there!:gulp:

Madvora
08-05-2005, 09:28 AM
I faxed in my order on Monday and my credit card still hasn't been charged. Should I be concerned about this? Anyone have a contact number to call?

The regular ticketmaster thing is all automated.

TornLabrum
08-05-2005, 10:07 AM
I faxed in my order on Monday and my credit card still hasn't been charged. Should I be concerned about this? Anyone have a contact number to call?

The regular ticketmaster thing is all automated.

I'd say call or email Kurt Hasenbalg. Check for the phone number at the start of this thread. His email is khasenbalg@chisox.com .

Madvora
08-05-2005, 11:16 AM
I'd say call or email Kurt Hasenbalg. Check for the phone number at the start of this thread. His email is khasenbalg@chisox.com .
Thanks man. I saw that name earlier in the thread, but I didn't know if he had anything to do with checking up on orders.
Got a response back from him real fast.
In case anyone else is in the same situation...
We have been processing Core of the Core orders in batches, and the latest batch went to the box office yesterday. I have a copy of your order in front of me - so as soon as the box office processes your request, you should receive your tix in the mail. Hope that helps.
Contact me w/ any other questions.

Thanks,
Kurt

Tekijawa
08-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Just Faxed in my Order now... See you guys there, I'm bringing 4 friends someone save some of the Cajun Chicken for me!

Teki

chisoxfanatic
08-10-2005, 09:35 PM
How long has it taken for everyone else to get their orders in the mail? I put my order in the mailbox last Friday...And the thing doesn't have to go very far, as I live just a mile north of Comiskey.

TornLabrum
08-10-2005, 10:36 PM
I put my order in on a Thursday and got my tickets the following Tuesday. However, I ordered over the phone and was also the first person to place an order.

Daver
08-10-2005, 10:44 PM
How long has it taken for everyone else to get their orders in the mail? I put my order in the mailbox last Friday...And the thing doesn't have to go very far, as I live just a mile north of Comiskey.

I have seen the inner workings of the post office, have patience.

:redneck

chisoxfanatic
08-10-2005, 10:57 PM
I have seen the inner workings of the post office, have patience.

:redneck

Well the post office is just two miles north of the ballpark! :cool:

SpartanSoxFan
08-12-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm going to throw my order in tomorrow. I am getting a ticket for myself and both my parents.

ATTN: Anyone from the Naperville/Lisle/Bolingbrook/Wheaton suburbs give me a shout out if you are going! My parents are worried that this is going to be an outing of a bunch of rowdy kids, but I wanted to assure them it is anything but. I look forward to seeing everyone there September 8th!!!!

TornLabrum
08-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm going to throw my order in tomorrow. I am getting a ticket for myself and both my parents.

ATTN: Anyone from the Naperville/Lisle/Bolingbrook/Wheaton suburbs give me a shout out if you are going! My parents are worried that this is going to be an outing of a bunch of rowdy kids, but I wanted to assure them it is anything but. I look forward to seeing everyone there September 8th!!!!

Tell your parents I'm 55 years old and anything but rowdy.

SpartanSoxFan
08-12-2005, 09:44 PM

Awesome, my dad just turned 55 and he barely says a word. You and him should get along like two peas in a pod. :D:

TornLabrum
08-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Awesome, my dad just turned 55 and he barely says a word. You and him should get along like two peas in a pod. :D:

Yeah, I can see it now...two old farts staring at each other! :D:

halfpricemonday
08-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I can see it now...two old farts staring at each other! :D:

White Sox baseball...I live for this!

TornLabrum
08-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Since we were only at 88 attendees from all web sites as of Friday morning, I've decided to mention the party and include a link to the order form in this week's Fallen Arches column. I extended the invitation to people who "enjoy WSI." (That should keep out the people who don't, right?)

DumpJerry
08-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Since we were only at 88 attendees from all web sites as of Friday morning, I've decided to mention the party and include a link to the order form in this week's Fallen Arches column. I extended the invitation to people who "enjoy WSI." (That should keep out the people who don't, right?)
88??? You mean I account for 4.5% of the sales? :o: Come on, Sox Army, let's break out the orders!

chisoxfanatic
08-14-2005, 02:56 PM

This includes Soxtalk AND Southsiders as well??? :o:
How many from this site did he say were there?

Will they sell the rest of our reserved seats if they aren't purchased, or will we have a huge empty spot behind us?

TornLabrum
08-14-2005, 04:02 PM
This includes Soxtalk AND Southsiders as well??? :o:
How many from this site did he say were there?

Will they sell the rest of our reserved seats if they aren't purchased, or will we have a huge empty spot behind us?

I wasn't given any numbers from individual sites, just total tickets sold. I was told that most of the tickets sold were to people from WSI.

The deadline is on the 19th. They will take orders after that, but they will be selling tickets in that section to anybody after that date. So no, there won't be a vast sea of blue behind us.

JohnBasedowYoda
08-18-2005, 07:30 PM
just so you guys know...i take full advantage of all you can drink!:gulp:

TornLabrum
08-18-2005, 08:54 PM
I received a call from my son Jeff today. He let the Sox fans at work (employees of Joliet Junior College) know about the event, and he was attempting to get their reservations to the ballpark before the offices closed. If he didn't make it, I'll be bringing them tomorrow after I stop at my school to do a little unpacking of chemicals and other supplies for next week.

The JJC contingent has added mightily to our totals. Twenty people signed up and paid, at least some of whom are lurkers around here.

alohafri
08-19-2005, 08:58 AM
I received a call from my son Jeff today. He let the Sox fans at work (employees of Joliet Junior College) know about the event, and he was attempting to get their reservations to the ballpark before the offices closed. If he didn't make it, I'll be bringing them tomorrow after I stop at my school to do a little unpacking of chemicals and other supplies for next week.

The JJC contingent has added mightily to our totals. Twenty people signed up and paid, at least some of whom are lurkers around here.

I got my tickets this week! Hey Hal, howsabout mentioning this to our "other" friends on Saturday?

Hangar18
08-19-2005, 09:10 AM

Torns not Rowdy, hes ROWDIE

SOXPHILE
08-19-2005, 10:14 AM
My tickets and parking pass came in the mail yesterday (8/18). :cool:

steff
08-19-2005, 12:09 PM
I got my tickets this week! Hey Hal, howsabout mentioning this to our "other" friends on Saturday?

Oh come on!!! Do we HAVE to invite THEM...???? :rolleyes:

TornLabrum
08-19-2005, 01:08 PM

I brought it up over there when the arrangements were first made for this. The response was underwhelming...i.e. nil.

TornLabrum
08-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Torns not Rowdy, hes ROWDIE

R-O-W-D-I-E! That's the way we spell rowdie! Rowdie! Let's get rowdie! WOOOO!

TornLabrum
08-19-2005, 01:33 PM
And just a quick reminder, you only have a few hours left to be guaranteed a seat in Section 105 with the rest of the group.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-07-2005, 12:03 PM
cheeses, my ticket is good. i was just flipping out

cheeses_h_rice
09-07-2005, 12:17 PM
cheeses, my ticket is good. i was just flipping out

Told ya.

:thumbsup:

cheeses_h_rice
09-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I have no idea what this forbodes for the gathering tonight, but I woke up to see a lot of...dark clouds in the sky.

:o:

alohafri
09-08-2005, 12:15 PM
I have no idea what this forbodes for the gathering tonight, but I woke up to see a lot of...dark clouds in the sky.

:o:

The Patio Area is covered.

:D:

soxstarter
09-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Had the ticket but I finally got the babysitter secured last night. See you guys there!!!!

SOXintheBURGH
09-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Just looked at my tickets for the first time as they were in my sisters possession until now.. I'm sitting in front of Hangar!

Hangar18
09-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Just looked at my tickets for the first time as they were in my sisters possession until now.. I'm sitting in front of Hangar!

I'll make sure to not yell too loudly tonite ...... heh heh.
But seriously folks, ive met a lot of you already, but tonite looks like a lot
of new people, will be really fun. Oh, im bringing a magic number sign ....

epgalsoxfan
09-08-2005, 03:42 PM
my dad, soxruleep and myself will be there! see ya in a little while!:)

lets see garcia win another one!

DaveIsHere
09-08-2005, 03:51 PM
I will not be there :(:

I guess that means I will become DaveIsNotHere :angry:

steff
09-08-2005, 04:01 PM
I'll make sure to not yell too loudly tonite ...... heh heh.
But seriously folks, ive met a lot of you already, but tonite looks like a lot
of new people, will be really fun. Oh, im bringing a magic number sign ....

Whomever is sitting near Henry.. look presentable to be on TV. That little **** gets more tv ACTION then some of the players. :tongue:

JeffIsTHEMAN
09-08-2005, 04:41 PM
is it 2 late to get tix

MarySwiss
09-08-2005, 04:49 PM
I am so looking forward to watching this game and seeing if I can spot the group. I sure wish I could be there. :(:

Have a great time, everybody! :gulp: