PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment #9,882

Hangar18
07-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Spoke to a gal I know from one of out other offices. She knew I was a baseball fan and know the city pretty well, and asked about some good bars to go to after the baseball game. I remarked that I didnt know she was a baseball fan. this situation sums up media coverage well .......in her defense,
she isnt necessarily a "cub" fan, but I lumped her in this category for her dealings with other cub fans in this situation

Hangar: I didnt know you liked baseball
Fan: Not really, but I kind of like both teams.
Hangar: Yeah? well thats cool I guess
Fan: but I do like the Cubs more though....
Hangar: the cubs more? WHY?
Fan: Its more fun at the park.......PLUS theyre having a better year and going to the playoffs probably ...right?
Hangar: No, theyre having a pretty mediocre year .... Its the SOX that are having the best season theyve ever had in their history and probably Chicago Baseball history actually.
Fan: Wait, well who is the team thats in 1st?
Hangar: Thats the White Sox. Weve been in 1st since Opening Day
Fan: (somewhat confused now) Some people were telling me the Cubs are the better team, and they were about to get to the playoffs when they get some players back, something like that im not sure......
Hangar: That was probably a really dumb Cub fan who told you that

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Wow....it's great that the general stupidity of all things Wrigley continually show themselves on a daily basis.

Madvora
07-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Spoke to a gal I know from one of out other offices. She knew I was a baseball fan and know the city pretty well, and asked about some good bars to go to after the baseball game. I remarked that I didnt know she was a baseball fan. this situation sums up media coverage well .......in her defense,
she isnt necessarily a "cub" fan, but I lumped her in this category for her dealings with other cub fans in this situation

Hangar: I didnt know you liked baseball
Fan: Not really, but I kind of like both teams.
Hangar: Yeah? well thats cool I guess
Fan: but I do like the Cubs more though....
Hangar: the cubs more? WHY?
Fan: Its more fun at the park.......PLUS theyre having a better year and going to the playoffs probably ...right?
Hangar: No, theyre having a pretty mediocre year .... Its the SOX that are having the best season theyve ever had in their history and probably Chicago Baseball history actually.
Fan: Wait, well who is the team thats in 1st?
Hangar: Thats the White Sox. Weve been in 1st since Opening Day
Fan: (somewhat confused now) Some people were telling me the Cubs are the better team, and they were about to get to the playoffs when they get some players back, something like that im not sure......
Hangar: That was probably a really dumb Cub fan who told you that
Sounds about right to me.

cheeses_h_rice
07-26-2005, 11:41 AM
You mean the Cubs aren't going to the playoffs once they get Carrie and Nomar back?

Dick Allen
07-26-2005, 12:31 PM
This has really become a country of stupid people.

HoosierHerb
07-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Hangar--Have you ever considered publishing all of these stories together as a collection of short stories?? I think that would be very entertaining.

I would also like to add one of my own. I was watching a Sox game at BW-3 in Indy. 5 or 6 Cub fans were watching the cub game at the bar sitting in a row decked out in full Flubbie Blue. All of the sudden they all started cheering at once. I looked over and they actually cheered a POP-UP. I know they do it at the Urinal, but i didn't think they were actually dumb enough to cheer one on TV! I guess they truly dumber than I thought.

IlliniSox
07-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Hangar--Have you ever considered publishing all of these stories together as a collection of short stories?? I think that would be very entertaining.

I would also like to add one of my own. I was watching a Sox game at BW-3 in Indy. 5 or 6 Cub fans were watching the cub game at the bar sitting in a row decked out in full Flubbie Blue. All of the sudden they all started cheering at once. I looked over and they actually cheered a POP-UP. I know they do it at the Urinal, but i didn't think they were actually dumb enough to cheer one on TV! I guess they truly dumber than I thought.

Hangar, I'd more love to see a hidden camera of you terrorizing and belittleing the Cub fans in your office all day.

FARMEO
07-26-2005, 01:51 PM
I was out watching the Cardinals game on Sunday. The three baby bear fans I talked with are convinced that they going to the playoffs. They said some other stupid stuff, go figure. They just haven't learned from the past.

mr_genius
07-26-2005, 02:11 PM
You mean the Cubs aren't going to the playoffs once they get Carrie and Nomar back?

they are, don't worry

CUBS RULE!

mr_genius
07-26-2005, 02:12 PM
turned myself in

:tealpolice: