PDA

View Full Version : SportsCenter: "50 States in 50 Days"

Erik The Red
07-26-2005, 11:45 AM
... makes its way to IL on Aug. 22nd... and will be highlighting the Scrubs/Braves game. SHOCKING!

chaerulez
07-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Hopefully they don't do some lame piece on Ron Santo when they spotlight IL.

itsnotrequired
07-26-2005, 12:18 PM
... makes its way to IL on Aug. 22nd... and will be highlighting the Scrubs/Braves game. SHOCKING!

Eh, what do you expect? Kind of cool to highlight a game between the two oldest franchises in baseball (even though they play each other every year anyway).

BeviBall!
07-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Maybe they'll be at Blackhawks training camp?

SoxFan78
07-26-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm actually surprised they are coming to Chicago on that date. The day before the FIRST place Sox will be playing the ESPN yankees. You think the sports station from the East would fall all over that story.

But then again it's the White Sox, and nobody east of Indiana cares about the Chicago AL team.

ChiSoxRowand
07-26-2005, 03:18 PM
You know what will happen. They have the same story they have every time we are on ESPN. How we are the second team in Chicago, how we are in 1st place but they have higher attendance, blah blah blah blah blah.

MIgrenade
07-26-2005, 04:17 PM
What are they going to do in a place like Idaho...or Delaware...or Montana...or Wyoming, etc..?

DaleJRFan
07-26-2005, 04:18 PM
What are they going to do in a place like Idaho...or Delaware...or Montana...or Wyoming, etc..?

Locals at a townie bar, watching the Cubs on "The Sports Superstation, WGN"

MIgrenade
07-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Locals at a townie bar, watching the Cubs on "The Sports Superstation, WGN"

I heard sirens, but then they quickly drove away...sad.

rwcescato
07-26-2005, 05:40 PM

Hey the scrubbies are on 2 sunday nights in a row and 3 out of 4. Isn't the rest of the nation going to get sick of the scrubs. Maybe ferry would will start the simulated game that day.
Rich

Rocklive99
07-27-2005, 12:11 AM
They should just do some piece about southern Illinois, Chicago already gets enough press, and their other formats have been more about small town, minor league stuff or other sports than the major ones, it'd be so lame that they use this for another Urinal fluff piece

Banix12
07-27-2005, 01:11 AM
They should just do some piece about southern Illinois, Chicago already gets enough press, and their other formats have been more about small town, minor league stuff or other sports than the major ones, it'd be so lame that they use this for another Urinal fluff piece

I agree, they should show that there is more to Illinois than just Chicago.

When are they doing Indiana? While I know it's just going to be some stuff on racing, I would hope they would show something else.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-31-2005, 02:47 AM
All I know is that I am already very sick and very tired of that stupid (Bryan Adams?) song.

"Liiiiiife iiiiiiis an oooopen road to meeeeee..."

No way will I make it to 50 without hurling.

BridgePortNative
07-31-2005, 02:57 AM
I can't believe the highlight was a CARDBOARD BOAT RACING competion, that is just plain stupid.

gosox3072
07-31-2005, 04:09 AM
I can't believe the highlight was a CARDBOARD BOAT RACING competion, that is just plain stupid.

I disagree, i think thats awesome as hell and a great story to report on.....no teal! I do wish that they would do something a little more unknown about illinois such as a county fair, or a jennie finch game or something like that. Everyone knows about wrigley field and theyve already done stories on that.

Fredsox
07-31-2005, 08:03 AM

Yeah, that and women's professional wrestling, some bass fishing guy proposing to his girl at a fishing competition, all that good stuff. There's nothing like appealing to the lowest common denominator to sell beer.

slobes
07-31-2005, 10:44 AM
In the past few days they showed a Freestyle Frisbee competition; I dunno if any of you saw that but I thought it was awesome.

munchman33
07-31-2005, 10:55 AM

I was actually impressed by that.

Steakpita
08-01-2005, 12:14 PM
:angry: Bryan Adams is going straight to hell, where he will join Rob Thomas and they can spend all day alternating between each other's annoying songs while watching Satan drink out of the skulls of the Black Eyed Peas.

No comment on the 1/2-armed bass fisherman... sigh... i don't wanna touch that one with a ten-foot pole. Suffice it to say, thanks for wasting my time. Back to Comcast.

LuvSox
08-01-2005, 12:23 PM
In the past few days they showed a Freestyle Frisbee competition; I dunno if any of you saw that but I thought it was awesome.

And what do you get? The lame-ass Flubs. ESPN sucks.

DumpJerry
08-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Well, I was shocked, SHOCKED, that the first state was Massachusetts and they highlighted the Red Sox. Did you know that the Red Sox won the World Series last year for the first time in a long, long time. Did you know that Red Sox fans are very, very loyal fans? Glad I caught that segment.

Hopefully, they will say Illinois has more than just the Flubs and mention all the minor league teams here. I can see them maybe focusing on a downstate high school basketball team. Over the weekend, it was Michigan's turn and they focused on a high school baseball team that had won something like 72 games in a row. They interviewed some of the kids on the team about how it felt to keep the streak alive and how it felt to finally lose. If I had been on that team and they interviewed me, I would have said it felt like each day we were playing the Cubs....win win win.:D:

miker
08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
I haven't caught many of the "50 days" segments, but if they set up an anchor desk outside of the Urinal, maybe we members of the Sox Army can make a frontal assault.

DumpJerry
08-01-2005, 11:53 PM
I haven't caught many of the "50 days" segments, but if they set up an anchor desk outside of the Urinal, maybe we members of the Sox Army can make a frontal assault.
All it will take is 30 or so us chanting "White Sox" "White Sox" to upset them.

Norberto7
08-02-2005, 12:03 AM
I agree, they should show that there is more to Illinois than just Chicago.

When are they doing Indiana? While I know it's just going to be some stuff on racing, I would hope they would show something else.

I heard they're doing Bryce Drew's shot over Ole Miss!

RadioheadRocks
08-02-2005, 12:21 AM
:angry: Bryan Adams is going straight to hell, where he will join Rob Thomas and they can spend all day alternating between each other's annoying songs while watching Satan drink out of the skulls of the Black Eyed Peas.

If you want a real good laugh, Bryan Adams' disco hit (the one he doesn't want you to know about!!!), "Let Me Take You Dancing" is worth searching for!

Stroker Ace
08-02-2005, 12:30 AM
When are they doing Indiana? While I know it's just going to be some stuff on racing, I would hope they would show something else.Looks like your not getting your wish because ESPN is in Indy for the Allstate 400. Kentucky is also racing (IRL. The Danica love fest continues)

ChiFabulous1
08-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Thats on my Birthday :happybday