PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, WSI!!!

doublem23
11-25-2001, 01:32 AM
This site is awesome... To everyone who makes it possible: Thanks, and keep up the GREAT work!

Now if only we could win a few championships around here!

Jerry_Manuel
11-25-2001, 01:35 AM
I just got the first WSI Newsletter and it looks like I better get my ass in gear and start doing some work around here.

doublem23
11-25-2001, 02:16 AM
What is this WSI Newsletter and how can acquire one?

Jerry_Manuel
11-25-2001, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
What is this WSI Newsletter and how can acquire one?

It goes to your email account. Everyone who is a member of the WSI message boards gets one.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-25-2001, 02:31 AM
The newsletter comes via email to registered members who specified they want to receive it. Presently, that's about 200 people.

If you didn't receive a newsletter this morning, either you aren't registered or you specified you didn't want to get the news bulletin back when you did register.

It's easy to modify your profile. Click on the "user cp" button at the top of the forum page. Next click on "edit options" and click on the radio button to receive the community bulletin. There is an ultra-cool HTML version which includes graphics, and a simple text version if your email client dates back to the stone age. It's your choice.

The next newsletter won't be sent for another week or more. If you want a copy of today's sent to you, change your profile settings (so you get future ones) and send me a private message, including your email address. I'll send a copy to you.

Jerry_Manuel
11-25-2001, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
The next newsletter won't be sent for another week or more. If you want a copy of today's sent to you, change your profile settings (so you get future ones) and send me a private message, including your email address. I'll send a copy to you.

George forgot to mention the best part. It's free and as we all know nothing can beat free.

FarWestChicago
11-25-2001, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
What is this WSI Newsletter and how can acquire one? You should have the HTML version in your hotmail account. I just checked the database.

Jerry_Manuel
11-25-2001, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
You should have the HTML version in your hotmail account. I just checked the database.

Is there anything you can't do?

harwar
11-25-2001, 08:51 AM
What a nice surprise finding the WSI newletter in my mailbox this morn.I don't post a lot but i've been coming to this site every morning since the day i heard about it over on espn.This upcoming spring training will be my third here.Its the best place for baseball info because our posters are insiteful and knowledgeable.I mean i love this place,keep up the good work!!! GO SOX IN 2002!!!