PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 7/26

Hangar18
07-26-2005, 10:01 AM
In the last few weeks, ive noticed that the White Sox, despite being in 1st Place ....... and having the best record in baseball all season, the Chicago and National Media have beenguarded in their praise of the SOX and have actually delayed praising the SOX and giving them extra coverage, in the twisted hope that the Cubs can win 2 in a row and get back to Out-coveraging the SOX. Well ........the twisted and ridiculous has been happening again, so Ive decided to start the watch again.

Kerry Wood somehow makes the Back Page .......for being hurt. The Cub-Times undanted already is implying that Wood will be as great as star relievers like Righetti, Eckersley and Gagnej. The CubTimes also has
lots of fluff pieces on the 3rd place cubs too!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, so much for the "Win-and-you'll-get-coverage" nonsense

Cubune:
5 Cub stories (including Cover!)
3 Sox stories

Cub-Times:
6 Cub stories
2 Sox stories

Cubs 11
Sox 5

SoXPriDe33
07-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Cubune:
5 Cub stories (including Cover!)
3 Sox stories

Cub-Times:
6 Cub stories
2 Sox stories

Cubs 11
Sox 5

That's the only way the flubs can beat us
:)

dcb33
07-26-2005, 10:09 AM
That's the only way the flubs can beat us
:)

Don't forget about the "A" word, too! :D:

Hangar18
07-26-2005, 11:24 AM
BBTN last nite .........guess what the LEAD-OFF story was?
You guessed it. The Cubs & Kerry Wood complete with hilites.
Sox were second
RedSox 3rd. Not bad for a 3rd place team to get this much coverage ....

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Nice work Hangar....

If the Sox make it all the way in the postseason, how great would it be to somehow ban ESPN from being at the Cell?? I know, it can never happen, but, if the Sox do go that far, I think WSI should take a donation and EVERYONE make ESPN signs showing some of their great predictions, quotes, comments, etc. So no matter where the cameras go during the game, our undying love for the impartial broadcasting out of CT is well shown.

SoxFan78
07-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Nice work Hangar....

If the Sox make it all the way in the postseason, how great would it be to somehow ban ESPN from being at the Cell?? I know, it can never happen, but, if the Sox do go that far, I think WSI should take a donation and EVERYONE make ESPN signs showing some of their great predictions, quotes, comments, etc. So no matter where the cameras go during the game, our undying love for the impartial broadcasting out of CT is well shown.

If they at least ban Chris "back, back, back" Berman, I'll be happy.

Dick Allen
07-26-2005, 01:35 PM
BBTN last nite .........guess what the LEAD-OFF story was?
You guessed it. The Cubs & Kerry Wood complete with hilites.
Sox were second
RedSox 3rd. Not bad for a 3rd place team to get this much coverage ....I'm in total shock that the Sox were second. No longer under the radar?

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-26-2005, 01:59 PM
If they at least ban Chris "back, back, back" Berman, I'll be happy.

I second that motion, for sure. Never a bigger windbag have I seen besides him.

chuckn98229
07-26-2005, 02:05 PM
The cubune sports section will be pretty thin baseball-wise come October with no cubs to cover. What will they fill the space with? Perhaps a fluff story about cub wives collecting the free small soap bars from the hotels they stay at so they can give them to the homeless. I know Woo-Woo would appreciate that.

itsnotrequired
07-26-2005, 02:09 PM
I second that motion, for sure. Never a bigger windbag have I seen besides him.

I'll third it. That guy bugs me more than anyone else at ESPN.

BigEdWalsh
07-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, so much for the "Win-and-you'll-get-coverage" nonsense

Oh! If only we had a cute curse!!

Hangar, I for one am glad to see your Media Watch back again. Not that any of this is shocking news for any of us, but it's good for someone to be calling 'em out.