PDA

View Full Version : Frank to Have Ankle Examined Today

RKMeibalane
07-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Link (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/whitesox.asp?id=77145)

Get well soon, big guy. We need you back in the lineup.

ode to veeck
07-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Sox fans everywhere hope only R&R is needed ...

ja1022
07-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Sox fans everywhere hope only R&R is needed ...

Repair & Replace? Too bad that ankle isn't still under warranty. Hopefully, he'll be good to go in a few weeks.

ode to veeck
07-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Rest and Relaxation, the part about continuing to run at this point being a degenerative process and it being a joint, not a soft tissue problem lead one to believe we might not see him again for a few weeks ... bone scan among next diagnostics ... Good luck with the rehab Frank!

Madvora
07-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Maybe Frank shouldn't come back at all. He might ruin the chemistry when re-joining the team.

my5thbench
07-26-2005, 03:15 PM
isn't he seeing the surgeon who originally operated on his ankle?

that doesn't sound good

Irishsox1
07-26-2005, 03:35 PM
How could Frank hurt is ankle?...all he did was jog around the bases after monster homeruns.

Hopefully his ankle heals, but this is why Carl Everett is on the team and all the trade talk was just talk. Remember, if any media source talks about a potential trade, than the trade is dead. Real trades just get announced and then Peter Gammons will tell everyone why the trade benefits the Red Sox.

GoGoOzzie
07-26-2005, 03:44 PM
How could Frank hurt is ankle?...all he did was jog around the bases after monster homeruns.

I am under the impression that he did not necessarily re-injure himself, rather it is still not nearly healed enough for him to be able to play effectively. A month ago, it felt good enough to play on consistently, but with daily abuse it is bothering him. Anyone who has had even a mild ankle/foot ailment knows how dibilitating they can be and how long the healing process can take. Maybe Beckett can shed some light, because I am certainly not a doctor.

:smile:

RKMeibalane
07-26-2005, 04:11 PM
isn't he seeing the surgeon who originally operated on his ankle?

that doesn't sound good

That doesn't mean it's anything serious. Patients usually see the physician who originally treated them, because that person is more familiar with their history.

doublem23
07-26-2005, 07:33 PM
:hurt
Just resting for October. You guys are going to need a big fly once every 7 at bats.

Letmehearya
07-26-2005, 07:36 PM
It would truly suck if the greatest hitter of the modern era [who wasn't on the juice] is denied the chance to hit 500 homeruns and the chance to play in the World Series. Get well Big Hurt. This blows.

veeter
07-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Here's to you getting better and lifting the trophy over your head!!

Flight #24
07-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Any news from Frank's visit? He was supposed to see Ferkel yesterday, no?

JermaineDye05
07-27-2005, 04:12 PM
nothing yet

Kilroy
07-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Anyone who has had even a mild ankle/foot ailment knows how dibilitating they can be and how long the healing process can take. Maybe Beckett can shed some light, because I am certainly not a doctor.

:smile:

We've all heard of turf-toe, right? Sounds like something fairly minor that may produce a slight limp.

Well for those of you who believe that let me tell you how ****ing wrong you are. It hurt so bad. Every step was torture. When I finally went to get some treatment and was told it was turf-toe, my jaw hit the floor. I stopped calling NFL players ******* for sitting out w/that injury. It was actually hard for me to drive with it, never mind walk or run. So I have an idea what Frank is feeling.