PDA

View Full Version : Places to watch the Sox?

Sox of White
07-25-2005, 11:28 PM
I love the White Sox, and I hate missing games. I always try my best to watch the games in person, on tv, or listen on the radio, as I am sure most people here do. Are there any good places downtown or anywhere in Chicago to watch the Sox? Where are the best places to go hang out with some real Sox fans for both those under 21 and otherwise?

Sox of White
07-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Anyone?

downstairs
07-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Well... if you asked where to watch the Flubs, you'd get a response!

In all honesty, I live in the 'burbs and I've yet to find a bar that plays Sox games regularly if there is a Flubs game going on...

IlliniSox
07-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Duggan's, 128 S. Halsted at Adams just west of the loop in Greektown (home of the Ozz) is Sox-Friendly.

+ I was at Jack Sullivan's (2100 N.Clyborne) on Friday for the game; Cub game was also on but Sox got equal coverage and to my surprise, the cheers were louder for the Sox.

07-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Anywhere in my neighborhood, Beverly/Mt. Greenwood....McNally's on 112th is a big Sox Bar/Cub Hater place

WizardofOZ
07-27-2005, 01:28 PM
McDuffys in downtown Tempe AZ usually has them on. Especially on the patio bar.

ChicagoHoosier
07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
I asked a similar question recently on a thread I found in the Parking Lot.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52863

It's hard, that's for sure.

putherawaywet
07-27-2005, 01:55 PM
I've been very frustrated on occasion trying to find places that'll put the Sox game on properly. I tried to go to Twin Anchors last Sunday for lunch. Despite the fact that they had two TVs, there were douchebags watching the Cubs on each TV (one on each side of the bar so noone had an obscured view of either TV). They refused to put the game on - so I left without ordering. Therefore - I urge all Sox fans to not ever under any circumstances go to Twin Anchors. This type of crap really pisses me off. It's one of the many reasons I hate the Cubs.

Sox of White
07-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks guys. Any good places if you are not 21?

ChicagoHoosier
07-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Therefore - I urge all Sox fans to not ever under any circumstances go to Twin Anchors.

But... Twin Anchors has GOOOOOD ribs.

MarySwiss
07-27-2005, 04:54 PM
McDuffys in downtown Tempe AZ usually has them on. Especially on the patio bar.

Not sure if your post should be teal. After all, most Chicago-based fans--although diehard--are probably not diehard enough to fly to Arizona just to see a game. (Although I am seriously considering flying to Chicago to join the patio party!)

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt; it could be that you're just one of an ever-growing contingent of Arizona-based Sox fans. If so, great! Whaddaya think, SOXXOS? Legit or not?

putherawaywet
07-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah Hoosier, they are soooooooo good - I was bummed about not getting the ribs. By the way, I had the same problem at Tuman's when they wouldn't take the NBA playoffs off the TV - it was the Sox first ever visit to Coors. I had to leave that place too.