PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox/Bears Beat Royals/Chiefs Postgame Thread

Viva Medias B's
07-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Great play by Dye blocking the extra point on KC's touchdown.

TaylorStSox
07-25-2005, 10:40 PM
I hate the Bears.

cheeses_h_rice
07-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Freddy giving out the hits like your uncle giving out nickels at Easter...:shudder:

Thank jah the Royals' pitching is so terrible.

I'll take it. What a poorly played game.

ShoelessJoeS
07-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Chalk one up for the good guys!!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

gosox83
07-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Still perfect against the Royals!!!

I liked the way Dye came back tonight!!!

Magic number is 56 now!!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: one banana equals 4 games up!! HA!

Bisco Stu
STEELERS!

The title of this thread should actually be "Sox double average Bears offensive output"

Seriously, great softball game.

Would have liked to have seen a sharper Garcia, but plenty of time to turn it around before Oct, and a W's a W.

TaylorStSox
Garcia got knocked around, but it wasn't like he was hanging much. The Royals were hitting a TON of good pitches. I was quite surprised.

elrod
07-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Nice to win a laugher while giving up 16 hits.

So.ILSoxFan
07-25-2005, 10:45 PM
:dye:
"Spiderman, spiderman...:whistle:"

PicktoCLick72
07-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Glad Garcia has a bad game here and not when we are only able to put a few across the board. It's ugly but I'll take it. C'mon Mark, show em how this pitching staff can pitch.

shoota
07-25-2005, 10:47 PM
It was nice to see Politte and Cotts get a night off.

Nice job offense.

Hendu
07-25-2005, 10:47 PM
I hope the Sox have a few more laughers like this in the next couple of weeks because I want to see more of Bobby Jenks. If he develops a little more bite to his breaking ball, that guy could be our Francisco Rodriguez in the playoffs.

TaylorStSox
07-25-2005, 10:48 PM
I hope the Sox have a few more laughers like this in the next couple of weeks because I want to see more of Bobby Jenks. If he develops a little more bite to his breaking ball, that guy could be our Felix Rodriguez in the playoffs.

Are you kidding? He has more "bite" to his breaking ball than anybody else that was in that stadium.

PeteWard
07-25-2005, 10:49 PM
12 games up on Minn; 32 games over. Only one behind our high-water mark of 13 up and 33 over. :D: After Crede dropped the Ramirez pop-up wasn't the lead going to be 6 by now?

But seriously, the Sox should be jailed for breaking the law of averages: 10 and 0 vs. anyone, no matter how bad, is just amazing. And look who they have on the mound for the next two! :bandance:

Jjav829
07-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Let me say it again. Jermaine Dye is the key to the White Sox offense. With all due respect to what Pods has done this year, the Sox offense goes as Jermaine Dye goes.

Lip Man 1
The Royals have been hitting much better lately, scoring more runs, but remember part of pitching with a big lead is to let the other team put the ball in play. What you don't want is walks then hits.

Garcia pitches differently if it's a 3-1 game.

Lip

NDSox12

Magic number is 56 now!!

I think you might want to re-calculate that magic number. Unless you are using a different formula, the magic number now sits at 53.

Hendu
07-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Are you kidding? He has more "bite" to his breaking ball than anybody else that was in that stadium.

I'm not kidding. It's still hittable except when he throws it with 2 strikes. I'd like to see Franky Rodriguez in 02 domination where we feel comfortable with Jenks coming in in 1-run games in the playoffs, not garbage time. That's why I want to see him in more games in the next couple of weeks honing that breaking ball. He definitely has no issues with the fastball.

Whitesox4ever
07-25-2005, 11:00 PM
The sox kick major ass tonight. Lets get them again tomorrow

Magic#53

chisox77
07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't care what team the Sox are playing - 14 runs on 22 hits is a pleasure to watch.

Bobby Jenks could be a real X Factor for the Sox bullpen for the Real Big Picture, like the playoffs and beyond. Sox fans, don't be afraid to think big about this team. This is a very special season.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Kinda funny that KC was able to do tonight what the mighty BoSox could only accomplish once in 4 games (and only with help from Gooch and Crede) - score 6 runs against the White Sox!

Freddy's a great pitcher, no doubt, but he definitely had little focus tonight after being handed a 5-run gift. Good thing the offense kept pouring it on.

This was the pitching matchup that concerned me most - despite his record, Zack "Malcolm In The Middle" Greinke has had a tendency to shut down the Sox.

slobes
07-25-2005, 11:06 PM
:dye: Welcome back Spiderman

TimoandAaron
07-25-2005, 11:08 PM
:dye: Welcome back Spidermani think we have a nickname for Dye for the rest of his sox career!

NDSox12
07-25-2005, 11:11 PM

I was definitely thinking Spiderman when he climbed the wall to grab that Sweeney bomb (ok... maybe it was more of a crash than a climb, but work with me here)

Vernam
07-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Favorite moment: The f-bomb that Teahen dropped after striking out on a high, inside fastball from Jenks. Call the FCC.

Boring game. Just what we needed!

VC

chisoxmike
07-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Favorite moment: The f-bomb that Teahen dropped after striking out on a high, inside fastball from Jenks. Call the FCC.

Boring game. Just what we needed!

VC

Yeah, just as funny as Manny misplaying that ball on Saturday night.

MRKARNO
07-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Are the Royals just this pathetic, or might our offense actually start coming around? Despite our sparkling record, we've been doing it in spite of our offense, not because of it. If hitters like Uribe, Pierzynski Crede and Rowand really start to come around and hit like they're capable of, then our offense might actually prove to be a decent one when it's all said and done. The best part about tonight was that they were able to put up all of these big innings against right-handed pitching, something that they have been quite unsuccessful with in the past.

soxfan123
07-25-2005, 11:22 PM

I love it! Perfecto!

chisoxfanatic
07-25-2005, 11:23 PM
But seriously, the Sox should be jailed for breaking the law of averages: 10 and 0 vs. anyone, no matter how bad, is just amazing.

My boyfriend, who's a die-hard Red Sox fan, just said "but it's the Royals...They suck!" Hahaha!

But, even good teams usually lose one of ten to a team. Ahhh, well, I still love him... :D:

I seriously don't recall ever having this low a magic number at this time of the year! Minnesota has actually LOST three games on us since the All Star break! They take a step forward and fall back three steps...This is one helluva season!

Oh, and you've gotta love Dye winning!
It's time to do the banana again!!!:supernana:

kittle42
07-25-2005, 11:24 PM
If the Sox had lost, this thread would have 350 replies by now.

Hendu
07-25-2005, 11:25 PM
My boyfriend, who's a die-hard Red Sox fan, just said "but it's the Royals...They suck!" Hahaha!

Ironic, considering the Red Sox lost to the D-Rays today.

NDSox12
07-25-2005, 11:25 PM

But, even good teams usually lose one of ten to a team. Ahhh, well, I still love him... :D:

Tell your boyfriend the Devil Rays (the team that beat the Red Sox tonight) have a worse record than the Royals.

PeteWard
07-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Podsednik is 14-for-14 stealing third base. :o:

chisoxfanatic
07-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Tell your boyfriend the Devil Rays (the team that beat the Red Sox tonight) have a worse record than the Royals.

He knows...But the D-Rays are on a hot streak right now...My boyfriend's kinda funny sometimes, actually...I do hope our teams meet in the ALDS or ALCS.

Jerome
07-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Podsednik is 14-for-14 stealing third base. :o:

He's simply the best base-stealer in the league. (I know, I get the Bob Brenly award for insightful analysis.)

It's not just the sheer number of SBs podsednik has, its the fact that he's 51/63. 80%! That is deadly.

balke
07-25-2005, 11:46 PM

It fits and all, but Torii Hunter's been Spiderman for a while now. I won't tell anyone if you don't. :wink:

Maybe Jermaine could be Venom? :redneck

Cowch44
07-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Wow. Looks like I missed a great game. I went on a picnic with my ex-wife and kids...had a great time. Then I get home to find out the Sox walloped KC. Fantastic!! :D: Even Willie had 3 hits, amazing.
:supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

Edit: Ooooops. I'm BigEdWalsh (didn't realize I was logged in as my son-he's 16 and doesn't have an ex-wife or kids):redface:

Erik The Red
07-26-2005, 12:04 AM
I can't believe that no one has mentioned that Pods has cracked .300. His average now sits at .302. He's been on quite a tear.

TimoandAaron
07-26-2005, 12:13 AM
I can't believe that no one has mentioned that Pods has cracked .300. His average now sits at .302. He's been on quite a tear.Pods got robbed of a hit when he was 3-3 at the time. Right off the pitchers heel and to Stairs.

TaylorStSox
07-26-2005, 12:14 AM
It fits and all, but Torii Hunter's been Spiderman for a while now. I won't tell anyone if you don't. :wink:

Should be no teal. I like that nickname.

TimoandAaron
07-26-2005, 12:14 AM

Maybe Jermaine could be Venom? :redneckDoes Tori HUnter have spider Bites? I THINK NOT!!! Therefore, Dye is the new spider-man.

lostletters
07-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Does Tori HUnter have spider Bites? I THINK NOT!!! Therefore, Dye is the new spider-man.

Somebody send the nickname to hawk and dj, lets make it official. Spiderman is a great nick for dye. The spider bites, the wall grab on his first day back.

Great things about this game:

1. The whole lineup (save for Crazy Carl) was hitting the ball.
2. Jenks is proving why he belongs in White Sox uniform. He is pretty damn dominating. A reliever with four pitches, 100 MPH fastball and can throw strikes BELONGS on this team. He may be the reason the Sox may not need to trade for bullpen help.
3. Dye's great catch and performance in general.

Bad things:
Garcia was shakey. But who cares. It makes up for his solid performances where he ended up with a ND.

MIgrenade
07-26-2005, 12:31 AM
If the Sox had lost, this thread would have 350 replies by now.

It gets harder and harder to discuss a winning team. On Thursday I found it very easy to rip on the Sox because I hadn't done it in so long. What else is there to say? The best team in baseball beat the crap out of one of the worst teams. I guess get them again tomorrow works.

TimoandAaron
07-26-2005, 12:44 AM
you know you have a good team when you only have 44 replies in the post game thread after a win.:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Bisco Stu
07-26-2005, 12:56 AM
:dye:
"Spiderman, spiderman...:whistle:"

"DYE-r-Man, DYE-r-Man"

Bisco Stu
07-26-2005, 12:58 AM

He can be anything he wants as long as he keeps up the...Carnage.

(couldn't resist)

RadioheadRocks
07-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Don't ya just LOVE it???

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

TomParrish79
really fun game to watch tonite.

thats all i got...

ChiSoxPatF
This one felt good. Its great to see the Sox win a laugher from time to time, especially since this may have been the toughest game of the series (Greinke had been nasty in his last two starts).

Maybe Massarotti caught this game and may reconsider those comments about having an inept offense. That'll learn them doubters.

shoota
07-26-2005, 01:36 AM
I can't believe that no one has mentioned that Pods has cracked .300. His average now sits at .302. He's been on quite a tear.

I noticed and thought to myself that now the Chicago sports mediots can't use their standard overachieving Sox line: "There's not one .300 hitter on the Sox which means they're playing over their head."

Now we have one regular over .300, another one over .290 (Rowand), and one who I guarantee would be over .300 if not for his intentional productive outs (Iguchi).

Chisox003
07-26-2005, 01:42 AM
I noticed and thought to myself that now the Chicago sports mediots can't use their standard overachieving Sox line: "There's not one .300 hitter on the Sox which means they're playing over their head."

Now we have one regular over .300, another one over .290 (Rowand), and one who I guarantee would be over .300 if not for his intentional productive outs (Iguchi).

And Crede's hitting .253, with 13 HR's and 43 RBI's

:gulp:

kojak
07-26-2005, 02:10 AM
And Crede's hitting .253, with 13 HR's and 43 RBI's

:gulp:

You mean .223 with 4 HRs and 3 RBI (shoota's scorebook)
:tongue:

voodoochile
07-26-2005, 06:01 AM
WOW!

:winner

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

And the Sox and Twins have played the same numbe of games, so it's a legitimate 12...:tongue:

Dan H
07-26-2005, 06:31 AM
This is how you win championships. Beat up on the bad teams, hold your own against the good teams. That is what the Sox have done all year. Enough of of saying the Sox haven't beaten anyone. For the past few years, we have been frustrated because they couldn't beat lowlife Detroit. Every win couints.

TomBradley72
07-26-2005, 07:02 AM
Mighty Yankees vs. KC this year: 0-3

SSN721
07-26-2005, 07:37 AM
You mean .223 with 4 HRs and 3 RBI (shoota's scorebook)
:tongue:

Ha, that sounds about right. Ahhh, what a nice releif. Started watching a little late and it was great to tune in and see Freddy staked to a 5-0 lead before he threw the first pitch. Overall a good game to watch, it is nice to see them knock the cover off the ball every once in awhile. :D: :bandance:

brewcrew/chisox
07-26-2005, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=chisoxfanatic]My boyfriend, who's a die-hard Red Sox fan, just said "but it's the Royals...They suck!" Hahaha![QUOTE]

And you should have said, "But its the D-rays...they suck....oh, sorry, I guess you lost to a AAA team."

I want Mags back
07-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Great play by Dye blocking the extra point on KC's touchdown.

Usually we wait till after the playoffs to start talking football

Mickster
07-26-2005, 02:02 PM

Magic number is 56 now!!

Magic Number is actually 53 but who's counting. :cool: