PDA

View Full Version : Dye #1 web gem

ChiSoxRowand
07-25-2005, 10:08 PM
On BBTN. Way to go JD!:supernana: :supernana:

TimoandAaron
07-25-2005, 11:04 PM
NO WAY!!!???:?: :?: :?: are you sure it wasnt number one before the Yankee/Redsox top 5 web gems of the day?

rwcescato
07-25-2005, 11:22 PM
NO WAY!!!???:?: :?: :?: are you sure it wasnt number one before the Yankee/Redsox top 5 web gems of the day?

I just saw that. Its a ripleys believe it or not. I was about to say what do they have against the Sox to never show them on web gems. Now I know on a limited night of baseball that they do watch our games.

Rich:)

WhiteSox16K
07-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Now I know on a limited night of baseball that they do watch our games.

Rich:)

Yea, and you know at least Harold Reynolds was watching because on [the first] BBTN, he made a comment like, "The great thing about this play was he was on the ground for a while, not showing the ball to anyone." To clarify...Not being happy that Dye was banged up a little from the play, but meaning he left Sweeney running around the bases (I think).

Taliesinrk
07-26-2005, 01:06 AM
the only reason the play made it as the #1 web gem is because the sox-royals game is ESPN's daygame on wed... they're just trying to promote themselves.. don't think that they were actually giving us credit..

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 07:28 AM
the only reason the play made it as the #1 web gem is because the sox-royals game is ESPN's daygame on wed... they're just trying to promote themselves.. don't think that they were actually giving us credit..

Be that as it may, any publicity is better than no publicity (if you're looking for publicity).

DumpJerry
07-26-2005, 08:20 AM
A few weeks ago a 102 year old former Negro League player threw out the first pitch at the Cell from his wheelchair. It made number one on Sportscenter that night, but the ESPN crowd failed to mention WHERE THE GAME WAS BEING PLAYED! The only way you knew the Sox were involved was the fact that you could see the Sox logo on the two players who were with him when he threw out the pitch.

Was it really painful to say the first pitch was thrown at the Sox game?:angry:

rocky biddle
07-26-2005, 08:55 AM
I just watched it on Tivo. A lot of White Sox love on BBTN; I was surprised. It was a nice catch though. Did anyone see that play at the plate the other night? I think it was J. Kendall from Oakland, he dove toward the plate to tag the runner out and got spiked in the face in the process. It was pretty nice.

LuvSox
07-26-2005, 09:37 AM
A few weeks ago a 102 year old former Negro League player threw out the first pitch at the Cell from his wheelchair.

That was Ted "Double Duty" Ratcliffe.

harwar
07-26-2005, 10:53 AM
I guess,in their eyes,we have finally arrived on the scene,seeing as we played so well against the vaunted red sox machine.