PDA

View Full Version : Attendance?

StuForumStuCazzo
07-25-2005, 09:22 PM
I was wondering if schools give out free Sox tickets for kids who have perfect attendance?

I want to know which school to send my kids to before I procreate

SOX ADDICT '73
07-25-2005, 09:30 PM
You are cruisin' for a bruisin' with this thread title. Why do people feel it necessary to bait the mods? If you haven't noticed, there is a zero tolerance policy in effect!

C-Dawg
07-25-2005, 09:33 PM
You are cruisin' for a bruisin' with this thread title. Why do people feel it necessary to bait the mods? If you haven't noticed, there is a zero tolerance policy in effect!

LOL Maybe need to change the title to "Perfect Attendance".

Anyway, the perfect attendance program back in the late 70s - early 80s was the only way I ever got to go to the old park back then - my parents were too cheap to pay for tickets for both us kids and them.

LongLiveFisk
07-25-2005, 09:34 PM

Actually the question refers to the kid's attendance at school, not the attendance at the ballpark (wouldn't this be a technicality?) :?:

Rocklive99
07-25-2005, 09:35 PM
LOL, talk about a swerve.

When I was in elemantary school they gave free Kane County Cougar tickets for reading a certain number of books. I'm guessing the city schools would be more prone to doing this, I'm almost positive I read they used to do it in the programs

LongLiveFisk
07-25-2005, 09:35 PM
LOL Maybe need to change the title to "Perfect Attendance".

Anyway, the perfect attendance program back in the late 70s - early 80s was the only way I ever got to go to the old park back then - my parents were too cheap to pay for tickets for both us kids and them.

LOL, yes I used to love getting those free tickets in the mail. Those green tickets with the old Sox logo. Still have some in my collection as souvenirs! :D:

FedEx227
07-25-2005, 11:41 PM
I was wondering if schools give out free Sox tickets for kids who have perfect attendance?

I want to know which school to send my kids to before I procreate

My old school, Downers Grove North, would give them out every year, I was the recipiant of 3 :)

anyway, what they did is just made an announcement that anyone with attendence should come down to recieve their tickets and then they had a list of everyone with either attendence or straight a's it was really easy...

i'm almost positive most of the schools have this promotion, maybe contact the white sox, or check up on whitesox.com

but to answer your question.. YES schools do give out white sox tickets to those with perfect attendence (for 3rd quarter) and/or straight a's.

TimoandAaron
07-25-2005, 11:49 PM
it doesnt have to be straight A's, but a 3.00 GPA or higher gets you two of the cheap-ass UD seats for free, or you can upgrade your seats, or buy more tickets for half the price. The only tickets they give out would be from tuesday-thursday because that is the day with lower attend**** to the sox games. The program is called student achievers. I went to a game this year with those tickets.

I still do not know, however, why this topic came up in the middle of July?:?:

MIgrenade
07-25-2005, 11:49 PM
My girlfriend used to get these every year and were way up in the upper deck. The funny thing was they had season tickets in good seats but on those days for the attendence tickets, her dad would sit with her in the upper deck. I guess it was to make her feel good.

To the best of my knowledge some schools still do this, but it's been a while.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-26-2005, 12:07 AM
I still do not know, however, why this topic came up in the middle of July?:?:
Because the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes, that's why. Man, you people are too easy...

ode to veeck
07-26-2005, 08:39 AM
LOL!, walking the thin line with the thread title, this one flies under the radar ... for now.

Jerko
07-26-2005, 08:44 AM
LOL!, walking the thin line with the thread title, this one flies under the radar ... for now.

An especially fine line considering this:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53784