PDA

View Full Version : NO Trades Coming

Whitesox4ever
07-25-2005, 10:11 PM
KANSAS CITY -- While trade winds continue to swirl about the White Sox, the team has yet to pull the trigger on any deal, and Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen doesn't foresee any roster shakeups in the near future.

"I expect to have the same team," Guillen said. "I don't mind keeping the same people ... [and] in my opinion, we don't have to do anything."

The White Sox have been linked to rumors concerning Marlins right-hander A.J. Burnett and Giants righty Jason Schmidt. The team is also actively pursuing another reliever, though Phillies closer Billy Wagner is likely out of the question.

A few power pitchers who aren't out of the question, however, are Mike MacDougal and Jeremy Affeldt, the Royals' right-handed closer and left-handed setup man, respectively. Each name has been raised in trade talks, though not previously with the White Sox.

Royals general manager Allard Baird has said that any trade he makes would have to benefit the future of his team -- and he's likely pursuing a slugging corner outfielder, which could translate to Sox prospects Ryan Sweeney or Chris Young.

Any move made during the next three days, though, would be made without the physical presence of general manager Ken Williams, who did not travel with the team.

"I've talked with Kenny about it, there's nothing going on," Guillen said. "At this time, I haven't heard anything from Kenny. I've talked with my coaching staff, we're happy with what we have."

"You make the playoffs, you have to use three [starting pitchers] and your bullpen is going to be strong," Guillen said. "If you make it to the second round, you'll have to use four." The Sox certainly have three, if not more, quality starters. For now, though, everybody just has to wait a little longer and keep watching

ShoelessJoeS
07-25-2005, 10:13 PM
i wish we had a picture of rocky sopranos sig....UNDER THE RADAR!

Brian26
07-25-2005, 10:16 PM
This has got to be the most stressful time of the year. I can't wait until August 1 so we know what we're set with and we can focus on the prize, one way or another. My stomach has been in a knot all weekend about this crap.

Randar68
07-25-2005, 10:16 PM
A few power pitchers who aren't out of the question, however, are Mike MacDougal and Jeremy Affeldt, the Royals' right-handed closer and left-handed setup man, respectively. Each name has been raised in trade talks, though not previously with the White Sox.

Royals general manager Allard Baird has said that any trade he makes would have to benefit the future of his team -- and he's likely pursuing a slugging corner outfielder, which could translate to Sox prospects Ryan Sweeney or

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Sweeney or Young for anyone on THAt team other than Sweeney or Greinke???? *****! Are they passing the ditch-weed around in KC these days?

Whitesox4ever
07-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Actually we probably wont know our playoff roster until Sept1st

We still might make some smaller trades after this sunday

SABRSox
07-25-2005, 10:22 PM

Royals general manager Allard Baird has said that any trade he makes would have to benefit the future of his team -- and he's likely pursuing a slugging corner outfielder, which could translate to Sox prospects Ryan Sweeney or Chris Young.

Is this the only way the Royals can get themselves in the news? To start fights or make insane trade inquiries? How sad their season is...

RowandKicksAss07
07-25-2005, 11:25 PM
There's no way Kenny would tell any trade rumors to Ozzie because he has the biggest mouth in the world. At this time of the year, I bet Kenny doesnt even talk to Ozzie because he knows if he says anything to the Oz, it's a sure bet all the major league teams would know by now. Kenny probably started his flying under the radar campaign just so he has an excuse not tell Ozzie anything...

Ozzie: "Hey Kenny, did you think about any trades for me? How bout that one for the kid down in Florida? I hear he throws like Cy Young!

Kenny: Trades? Why would I be making trades now?

Ozzie: For the trade deadline this week, cmon kid!

Kenny: O ya, that trade deadline totally slipped my mind. I forgot there was one!

Beauty35thStreet
07-25-2005, 11:33 PM
There's no way Kenny would tell any trade rumors to Ozzie because he has the biggest mouth in the world. At this time of the year, I bet Kenny doesnt even talk to Ozzie because he knows if he says anything to the Oz, it's a sure bet all the major league teams would know by now. Kenny probably started his flying under the radar campaign just so he has an excuse not tell Ozzie anything...

:D: That's funny. This kid's witty for being only 16

RowandKicksAss07
07-25-2005, 11:36 PM
thanks mister

Lip Man 1
07-25-2005, 11:56 PM
What do you expect Ozzie to say?????

'Yea Harris sucks, he's not worth a damn so he'll be moved. Contreras drives me nuts because he won't listen to anybody. The Duke doesn't know if he's able to comb his head (despite being bald) let alone pitch so we're moving him out as well.'

Please....

There's certainly a chance the Sox do nothing (which I think would be a mistake) but Williams isn't going to openly broadcast if he does have something planned.

Lip

RowandKicksAss07
07-26-2005, 12:30 AM
What do you expect Ozzie to say?????

'Yea Harris sucks, he's not worth a damn so he'll be moved. Contreras drives me nuts because he won't listen to anybody. The Duke doesn't know if he's able to comb his head (despite being bald) let alone pitch so we're moving him out as well.'

Please....

There's certainly a chance the Sox do nothing (which I think would be a mistake) but Williams isn't going to openly broadcast if he does have something planned.

Lip

Sorry Lip....i guess you arent into the jokes that much...i kinda wrote that more of "haha thats funny" rather than have people analyze it. i know KW wouldnt broadcast any trades or moves for the simple fact that he can't talk about anyone under contract.

wdelaney72
07-26-2005, 01:02 PM
"Damaso Marte... you're plane is boarding."

Madvora
07-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen doesn't foresee any roster shakeups in the near future.
Believe that if you want to.

BigHurtEm35
07-26-2005, 02:17 PM
If you believe this article or anything that comes out of the medias mouth about Sox baseball, you do not deserve to call yourself a White Sox fan. Exp if you think the royals or the sox will trade inter division. Our trades will remain low key until July 31. There is no reason to speculate because no one knows what is occuring. Kenny Williams makes a point to never show his hand and to create smoke screens. If you havent realized this yet then you need to re evaluate your understanding of the sox organization. Never show your hand until you have already won the pot! 5 more days!

chaerulez
07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Of course Guillen is going to say he expects to have the same 25 man roster, because if he said anything else he'd basically be saying he doesn't feel like his players are good enough. Ozzie is going to keep saying it because it's the company line that the managers and players have to tell the media. The Sox are going to make a deal, we just don't who it will be.