PDA

View Full Version : cub fans heckle one of their own

JermaineDye05
07-25-2005, 08:08 PM
if any1 was watching the giants cubs game im sure you noticed all the cub fans just heckling the 1 fan that got the feliz homer, then just chanted for him to throw it back, what do they care if the fan wants to keep it, I hate that

NDSox12
07-25-2005, 08:11 PM
if any1 was watching the giants cubs game im sure you noticed all the cub fans just heckling the 1 fan that got the feliz homer, then just chanted for him to throw it back, what do they care if the fan wants to keep it, I hate that

Didn't see that, but I did notice the sweat pouring off the cap of Jason Schmidt. You'd think it was raining at Wrigley.

sthbndsox
07-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I saw that... And then i saw the lady in the Throw it Back t-shirt give him a fake ball to throw back.... pitiful.

Daver
07-25-2005, 08:24 PM
:whocares

Rocklive99
07-25-2005, 08:25 PM
There is a Chicago White Sox game on, you know!

NSSoxFan
07-25-2005, 08:31 PM
There is a Chicago White Sox game on, you know!

I was just about to say that.

:?:

JermaineDye05
07-25-2005, 08:40 PM
yeah I know, I'm watching both

SomebodyToldMe
07-25-2005, 09:01 PM
yeah I know, I'm watching both

:crossdresser

I always wanted to use that tag.

JermaineDye05
07-25-2005, 09:05 PM
lol thats gr8, I aint rootin for the cubs, I'm checking out Schmidt's outting, hoping KW is after him under the radar

sthbndsox
07-25-2005, 09:18 PM
i don't get the sox game tonight because i live in Indiana, and i don't get WCIU. watching the cubs lose is the next best thing i can do. that being said, i am closely watching the sox gameday.

skobabe8
07-25-2005, 09:41 PM
lol thats gr8, I aint rootin for the cubs, I'm checking out Schmidt's outting, hoping KW is after him under the radar

Thats why I keep flipping back and forth. I havent seen JS pitch all year and want to see why he supposedly isnt the pitcher he was 2 years ago.

SomebodyToldMe
07-25-2005, 09:42 PM
lol thats gr8, I aint rootin for the cubs, I'm checking out Schmidt's outting

Ahhh, gotcha. :thumbsup:

Goose
07-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Let me give a little more detail for those that did not see this go down live...I know you won't ever see it again in any highlights because it debunks the whole "Wrigley is about tradition" thing that we hear so much about.

During one of the Sox commercial breaks, I flipped over to try and catch a little piece of JS pitch against the Cubs. I did not see the Home run that SF hit, but the camera was poised on the fan in the LF seats that caught the ball (interestingly enough, the seats around the fan were empty...I thought Wrigley sold out every game...but I digress)...Cub "fans" sitting close the the fan that caught the ball were berating him to "Throw it back". One lady (in what seemed to be her 50's) sitting 2 rows behind him actually had on a T-shirt that read "Throw it back" and another fan sitting near by pleaded with the fan that caught the ball to return it to the field. This fan, with his headphones on, payed no attention to those that were yelling at them. He simply kept watching the game and looking forward. After a few minutes of the indifference, the whole crowd at Wrigley began chanting "Throw it Back" (think back to that God awful move "Rookie of the Year" and you will know what I mean). The lady with the "Throw it Back" T-shirt leaned over to this fan, and you could actually read her lips, said to him, "Here, use this one", and gave this fan a replacement ball to throw back onto the field. The fan now cupped both baseballs in his hands and was holding them between his knees. The camera cut back to the pitch being made (yes, there was actually a GAME going on, but this received all the attention) and about 20 seconds later, the crowd erupted with cheers as the ball was thrown back onto the field. The camera then cut back to the fan that caught the home run and turns to the lady that gave him the replacement ball, again reading his lips, and said "Thank you".

Ah, the Wrigley Tradition!

Hangar18
07-26-2005, 09:54 AM
I was watching that with my Nephew .............and that was PERFECT!
He knows the many reasons why Cub fans are so bogus and overrated,
and he saw that and immediately laughed and also noted how BS the
whole situation was. We laughed together and noted then how these
"Real" fans throw "real" balls back, and the "real" tradition..........

Baby Fisk
07-26-2005, 11:28 AM
Didn't see that, but I did notice the sweat pouring off the cap of Jason Schmidt. You'd think it was raining at Wrigley.
Is it possible for an average human to sweat that much? I saw it too and it was bizarre.