PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans to pull for twins?

soxwon
07-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Looking at the schedule starting Aug 1 the Twins play the Athletics 7 times in august and 3 times in sept.
Thus sox fans will have to root for Minnesota!!!
will you?

Soxzilla
07-25-2005, 07:03 PM
Depends on what the standing situation is.

I personally would love to see a White Sox vs. Minnesota Twins ALCS.

That would also mean, we would more than likely miss facing the AL West division leader.

jabrch
07-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Not out loud and not until it gets closer to October - I don't think I could live with myself....but I'd much rather see the Twins in the ALCS than the As in the ALDS.

MarySwiss
07-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Tough call, but here's one that isn't. A's open up a series tonight with the Tribe. Let's hope they beat each other up, with the Tribe taking the edge.

And tomorrow--oh, crap!--here we go again, having to root for the Yankees against the Twinks.

Man, this "winning" stuff really clouds the issues, don't it?

soxwon
07-25-2005, 07:38 PM
i have no prob rooting for the yanks,

actually im praying the wildcard is from the east
that would solve any problems in the playoffs.

munchman33
07-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Don't root for Minnesota. Root for someone like Baltimore. I don't see the Twins winning the wild card. They have too many games remaining against the White Sox.

SABRSox
07-25-2005, 08:51 PM
I'd much rather face the A's and their rookie heavy, no post-season experience pitching staff than the Twins, who have actually won a post-season series since 1990.

That being said, my guess is we'll face either the Yankees or the Red Sox in the first round.

fquaye149
07-25-2005, 09:30 PM
once we have clinched the division (not so deep pink) I'll start cheering for the twins to win the WC. Until then I want them to lose every single game they play. I don't believe we have this thing wrapped up yet and I will not believe it until the magic number is zero.

MIgrenade
07-26-2005, 12:34 AM
i have no prob rooting for the yanks,

actually im praying the wildcard is from the east
that would solve any problems in the playoffs.

I agree, the east isn't bothering me too much as compared to the A's and Angels.

Nellie_Fox
07-26-2005, 01:53 AM
The smart Twins fans I talked to over the weekend were pulling for the White Sox. They knew that their chances of winning the division are extremely slim and Red Sox losses were more important to them right now.

If Oakland is going to get hot, I'd rather they just go ahead and win the division than the wild card. I'd really rather the Sox not have to face them in the first round.

Letmehearya
07-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Bring on the A's, Red Sox, Yankees whoever. Let's get to the playoffs and worry about it then. I recall a certain Coach Ditka being asked in 1985 before playing the Cowboys in Dallas "So Coach, how does your team feel - they have to play Dallas?" Da Coach's response? "We don't have to play them. They have to play us AND THEY BETTER BE READY BECAUSE WE ARE." For those who have forgotten: Bears 44 Cowboys 0. Let's hope Ozzie instills the "bring it on" mentality that champions typically possess.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-28-2005, 02:47 PM
I started almost the same thread about a week ago. Some of the genius posters here thought the thread was useless but it's a legit question. The Twins don't scare me this year. I also love the fools who think everything magically changes because it's October and it doesn't matter who we play. Oakland wears us out, especially our starters. Root for the Twins.

RKMeibalane
07-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Uhhh... let me get back to you.

I want Mags back
07-28-2005, 08:51 PM
**** NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe after the division is clinched. It seems like too many of u are worrying about our postseason opponent and not the fact we still need 52 wins and Twins losses to get to the postseason. In 2000 everyone worried about who we would play. we were all so happy to get Seattle and got killed.

Lip Man 1
07-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Given the Sox record against the A's since 2001 I'd rather have a case of hives then play those SOB's in the post season especially since the Sox have to play some games in the 'house of horrors.'

With an 11 1/2 game lead I can pull for the Twins a mite as long as the Sox win enough games to keep them at arm's lenght.

Lip