PDA

View Full Version : Ross Gload should start more games...

chisoxfanatic
07-25-2005, 04:33 PM
With Frank out, it's the inevitable that Gload is going to be getting more starts translating to regular playing time; however, if Frank does come back, from what I've already seen from Gload, I want Gload to continue getting an ample amount of playing time. He seems very refreshed out there and could easily spell for both Konerko AND Frank. I'd say Konerko and Frank should each be given a day off a week in order to give Gload some playing time, while you never let Willie set foot on the field from then on...Gload is just too valuable to not be an important tool for this team. I know that a game is such a small sample size; however, Gload was also hitting well in his rehab stint with Charlotte, so there's no reason to think otherwise that he can't get it done here too by seeing him yesterday.

I really liked what I saw from Gload yesterday and hope to see more of that the rest of the season! If we can get Gload some regular playing time, our offense will have one extra guy who Ozzie can use for the benefit of the team.

Go Ross Gload!!!

DaleJRFan
07-25-2005, 04:37 PM
With Frank out, it's the inevitable that Gload is going to be getting more starts translating to regular playing time; however, if Frank does come back, from what I've already seen from Gload, I want Gload to continue getting an ample amount of playing time. He seems very refreshed out there and could easily spell for both Konerko AND Frank. I'd say Konerko and Frank should each be given a day off a week in order to give Gload some playing time, while you never let Willie set foot on the field from then on...Gload is just too valuable to not be an important tool for this team. I know that a game is such a small sample size; however, Gload was also hitting well in his rehab stint with Charlotte, so there's no reason to think otherwise that he can't get it done here too by seeing him yesterday.

I really liked what I saw from Gload yesterday and hope to see more of that the rest of the season! If we can get Gload some regular playing time, our offense will have one extra guy who Ozzie can use for the benefit of the team.

Go Ross Gload!!!

Ross Gload = The People's Choice. I'm with you. While Hurt is down, PK should DH and Gload should start. Give him a shot, Ozzie! The "Keed" can hit.

scottjanssens
07-25-2005, 04:38 PM
He's bench power tonight:

Pods, LF ... Rowand, CF ... Everett, DH ... Konerko, 1B ... Pierzynski, C ... Dye, RF ... Crede, 3B ... Harris, 2B ... Uribe, SS ... Garcia, RHP

Still, during games he doesn't start (I'm sure he'll start at least once a week, probably twice) it's great having him on the bench as a lefty for late innings instead of Willie.

fquaye149
07-25-2005, 04:39 PM

Go Ross Gload!!!

The problem is when Dye comes back it's going to be hard to justify starting him at first over Konerko at first Everett DH. However, we need to do the same thing we were doing with Frank - this time rotating Paulie, Gload, and Everett...and on the occasions when Everett is used in the outfield, putting Ross at first.

I think he can definitely get some solid PT.

If Frank comes back, it's a whole new ballgame. Get Gload in there sporadically...but we don't get a very good lineup with Gload in place of Konerko or Thomas...

scottjanssens
07-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Oh and if anyone heard some a-hole shouting "We want Gload!" at the end of Saturday's game when Timo came in to pinch hit... I was that a-hole.

UofCSoxFan
07-25-2005, 04:45 PM
It's good to see Iguchi with the day off...although he may see some action early if Willie is pulled off the field mid-inning (wink, wink)...Pods should get a dayoff this series too...maybe weds with the day game.

eriqjaffe
07-25-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Ozzie is aware of what Gload brings to the park - don't forget that Ross got into 110 games last year (hitting a very nice .321), and won AL Rookie of the Month in September.

If nothing else, Gload is a very good left-handed stick off the bench. He may not be a real slugger (his homerun total last year, projected to 600 plate appearances, would only be 16), but he knows how to hit the ball, and he can play a solid 1B. Eventually, he'll be able to spell Dye/Everett and Podsednik in the corner OF spots, too, although I wasn't thrilled with his defense in the outfield last year.

Extremely valuable to have on the roster.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/fizzjob/miscellaneous/in-gload-we-trust-17.png

Chips
07-25-2005, 05:14 PM
It's good to see Iguchi with the day off...although he may see some action early if Willie is pulled off the field mid-inning (wink, wink)...Pods should get a dayoff this series too...maybe weds with the day game.

Didn't Iguchi just have a day off recently?

He gone
07-25-2005, 05:27 PM
I really liked what I saw from Gload yesterday and hope to see more of that the rest of the season!

I got to see Ross in 2 games for Charlotte and he looked really impressive. I heard Frank is on his way to LA to see the doctor who performed his surgery. I also heard don't look forward to him coming back after 2 weeks either. So I guess Ross will be here to stay.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5629/0706051085we.jpg

CYGarland20
07-25-2005, 05:37 PM
He's bench power tonight:

Pods, LF ... Rowand, CF ... Everett, DH ... Konerko, 1B ... Pierzynski, C ... Dye, RF ... Crede, 3B ... Harris, 2B ... Uribe, SS ... Garcia, RHP

Still, during games he doesn't start (I'm sure he'll start at least once a week, probably twice) it's great having him on the bench as a lefty for late innings instead of Willie. I agree Gload should definitely start more vs. RH, but Ozzie probably won't let him. Everett has not been very good vs. righties this year, he's hitting a measly .235 avg w/ a .290 obp!! That is horrible for your #3 hitter. I seriously think until Frank gets back or unless KW gets another bat we should go w/ this lineup vs RH.........Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, PK, Everett/Gload, Dye, Crede, AJ, Uribe......... AJ, besides his HR on saturday, has been brutal of late, and i don't like Crede and Uribe hitting back-back at the bottom of the order. Besides, Crede has been pretty clutch lately. I know some of you think that we shouldn't mess w/ the lineup, but keep in mind before Frank returned our offense was pretty brutal, we did happen to score just enough runs to win, but our pitcher's are going to need more support down the stretch. Plus, I WANT MORE GLOAD!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

the gooch
07-25-2005, 05:47 PM
I agree Gload should definitely start more vs. RH, but Ozzie probably won't let him. Everett has not been very good vs. righties this year, he's hitting a measly .235 avg w/ a .290 obp!! That is horrible for your #3 hitter. I seriously think until Frank gets back or unless KW gets another bat we should go w/ this lineup vs RH.........Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, PK, Everett/Gload, Dye, Crede, AJ, Uribe......... AJ, besides his HR on saturday, has been brutal of late, and i don't like Crede and Uribe hitting back-back at the bottom of the order. Besides, Crede has been pretty clutch lately. I know some of you think that we shouldn't mess w/ the lineup, but keep in mind before Frank returned our offense was pretty brutal, we did happen to score just enough runs to win, but our pitcher's are going to need more support down the stretch. Plus, I WANT MORE GLOAD!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
i dont want the bat slam brothers next to each other either, though.

34 Inch Stick
07-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Eventually, he'll be able to spell Dye/Everett and Podsednik in the corner OF spots,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/fizzjob/miscellaneous/in-gload-we-trust-17.png

I like Gload as a bench player on this team. However, I hope to never see him in the outfield again for the rest of my existence (unless he is on another team). It is a lie to say that he can play the outfield.

slobes
07-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Gload is a great left handed bat. He hit something like .400 at Charlotte this year, not to mention well over .300 in the majors last year.

Banix12
07-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Oh and if anyone heard some a-hole shouting "We want Gload!" at the end of Saturday's game when Timo came in to pinch hit... I was that a-hole.

You'd be right to shout that. Historically Timo is an awful pinch hitter while Gload has been quite effective.

eriqjaffe
07-26-2005, 08:37 AM
I like Gload as a bench player on this team. However, I hope to never see him in the outfield again for the rest of my existence (unless he is on another team). It is a lie to say that he can play the outfield.Oh, I agree that Gload's playing time in the outfield should be severely limited...but he could go out in a game like last night's, late innings just to give Pods some rest (and keep him from having chances to get hurt).