PDA

View Full Version : Erik Kuselias rips the Sox (what's new?)

HawkDJ
07-25-2005, 04:24 PM
Erik Kuselias was going after the Sox again today on ESPN Radio. Of course that's not big news but some of the things he was saying today were truley a new low even for him.

Here are some of the "highlights"

- Took a trip up to the Cell for one of the Bo-Chi Sox games. I forgot which one
- The park is just a bunch of concrete, very bland
- Fans just sat on their hands all 9 innings, no electricity in the air
- Food was just standard
- Jumbotron very bland
- Can't understand how Sox are winning with this offense and pitching staff
- Bullpen isn't very good
- Ripped into Podsednik for having no home runs and only 18 RBIs.

This shouldn't matter to anyone but I couldn't beleive my ears when I was listening to this at work.

Erik The Red
07-25-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm assuming he went to the Saturday night game. News flash: there usually isn't a lot of electricity in the air when your team is getting shut out.

MIgrenade
07-25-2005, 04:27 PM
I heard it, and yeah I know it shouldn't bother me but at this point in the season how do people still say things like that? I've only been to a few parks but the Cell is pretty good these days. He was probably cheap and wasn't allowed downstairs so he has no clue what it offered. For a first timer you have to be downstairs.

Kogs35
07-25-2005, 04:28 PM
note to eric stick with the nfl coverage for espn radio and stay off the air. again there is a reason the sportsbash is only on the small markets affiliates

halfpricemonday
07-25-2005, 04:31 PM
This shouldn't matter to anyone but I couldn't beleive my ears when I was listening to this at work.

Talk about burying the lede. Once again, who the **** is Eric Kuselias?

In order to save your ears, don't let it matter to you and be sure to ignore ESPN, whether at work, home, or anywhere else in between.

Optipessimism
07-25-2005, 04:31 PM

- Took a trip up to the Cell for one of the Bo-Chi Sox games. I forgot which one
- Can't understand how Sox are winning with this offense and pitching staff

What I can't understand is why it would take a series with the Red Sox for a sports journalist to pay any attention to the best team in baseball.

samram
07-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Talk about burying the lede. Once again, who the **** is Eric Kuselias?

In order to save your ears, don't let it matter to you and be sure to ignore ESPN, whether at work, home, or anywhere else in between.

Eric Kusomething is big time. If everyone else on the face of the planet has fallen dead, they let him on to talk to himself for four hours just to fulfill ad obligations.

By the way, last I heard, this loser has no impact at all on the season. The fact he was in Chicago this weekend out of all possible weekends should let one know what his story is.

itsnotrequired
07-25-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm assuming he went to the Saturday night game. News flash: there usually isn't a lot of electricity in the air when your team is getting shut out.

In the bottom of the 9th with the tying run in the hole, how could they not get excited? I mean, the run is in the hole! So easy to get the win!

dcb33
07-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Erik Kuselias was going after the Sox again today on ESPN Radio. Of course that's not big news but some of the things he was saying today were truley a new low even for him.

- The park is just a bunch of concrete, very bland

What does this guy have against concrete, especially since the space between his ears seems to be filled with it?

bluestar
07-25-2005, 04:44 PM
I just happened to be in my car while Kuselias was on his moronic rant. He called USCF "bland and sterile." He said Podsednik was supposed to be the Sox "offensive juggernuat." (Who ever made that claim?) He claims he asked Sox fans around him why the Sox had the record they do and claimed no one knew. He said they were just happy the Sox were winning, as if all Sox fans are a bunch of idiots drunk on the "fluke" success they are having.

He then went on to bring in "ESPN's General Manager of Baseball" (I'm not kidding, those were his exact words), Steve Phillips. Phillips actually defended the Sox. admitted he had be very wrong about the Sox, and offered several reasons why the Sox are winning, and why he thought the Sox would continue to win. Kuselias conceded that the Sox would win the AL Central but questioned whether they could do anything in the playoffs. Phillips surprised me by saying he thought the Sox would be dangerous in the post season with their starting rotation and their ability to manufacture runs.

balke
07-25-2005, 04:52 PM
What does this guy have against concrete, especially since the space between his ears seems to be filled with it?

He'd rather it be hand-carved from the finest Oak, with pole supports made of skittle-laden candycanes that obstruct the view.

U.S. Cellular has become a fine park. My buddy who is a Cards fan took a trip from there to the Cubs-Sox series at Wrigley, and later some Games at the Cell. He likes our park more than the 3, thinks Wrigley should be bulldozed. Sure he's a Cards fan, but we weren't trying to belittle any Cubs fan, it was a private convo.

I love the lighting for night games, the fireworks display, the different areas for kids to go enjoy the park, sitting in the bleachers for day games. Its finally a beautiful stadium after the renovations. Maybe this guy can suggest some building materials to work with next time. Or maybe he can give up and realize we don't care anymore.

halfpricemonday
07-25-2005, 04:53 PM
He then went on to bring in "ESPN's General Manager of Baseball" (I'm not kidding, those were his exact words), Steve Phillips. Phillips actually defended the Sox. admitted he had be very wrong about the Sox, and offered several reasons why the Sox are winning, and why he thought the Sox would continue to win. Kuselias conceded that the Sox would win the AL Central but questioned whether they could do anything in the playoffs. Phillips surprised me by saying he thought the Sox would be dangerous in the post season with their starting rotation and their ability to manufacture runs.

You know, I think if Steve Freakin' Phillips is teaching you something about the game of baseball, it's a fairly obvious sign that you should not be talking authoritatively about the game of baseball.

Tragg
07-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Expect more of this, as ESPN has been publically exposed during the last year. And wait for the playoffs when you see some major overt rooting against the Sox. And if we lose? They'll patent the word "fluke"

2 things have really exposed the lack of objectivity of ESPN to the naked eye (even though everyone knew they weren't objective).

First, was Gammons last year, running around Fenway, confessing his 40 years of owning season tickets and his undying love for the RedSox. Most knowledgable baseball fans he was a Boston writer, but at that point, the world at large learned he was a fraud. Gammons is a nice guy, he's not mean-spirited, but he's also not objective and he's presented as if he is.

Second, beginning in February, ESPN hyped Boston and NY baseball to high heaven. They ran ads for their season opener beginning in February. The greatest rivalry in sports. The WS showdown in April. It was an embarassment. Now there is a signficant risk that one doesn't make the playoffs, and a possibility that both don't. They're battling to earn a playoff berth, while the team they picked 3rd in the division they labelled the league's worst, is dominating the American League? They'll do their best to show that it really isn't domination, it's luck.

BTW Gammons, nice WS picks: Minnesota over the Cubs

TornLabrum
07-25-2005, 04:57 PM
The point that none of these media morons get is that the Sox have a balanced offense. We can score either by manufacturing runs or by slugging, and quite often use a clever combination of both (as we did in the games we won against the Red Sox). The Sox have some of the best pitching in the league and can rely on that most of the time to keep the other team in check, so we can win with less production than, say, the Red Sox, who have mediocre pitching. Yeah, they're an offensive juggernaut, but they need to be. But they still only took two our of four from the Real Sox.As far as the East Coast media types are concerned, they won't admit that the Sox are any good until they win the World Series, and then they'll call it a fluke because, as we all know, nothing of value lies west of the Hudson River.

Foulke You
07-25-2005, 04:59 PM
I heard Kuselias on 1000 today too. You can tell this guy just plain hates our Sox, our team, our stadium, everything. The way he talked about the team itself, you would have thought we got swept 4 straight this weekend.

This was another great "gem" of knowledge from Kuselias about our park: "and the 7th inning stretch there, it was all so unspecial and dull, it felt like it was a bite off the Cubs" ATTENTION MORON KUSELIAS: the 7th inning sing along with Harry Caray started at Comiskey Park, not the other way around!:mad: Honestly, your job is to talk sports on the radio to a national audience, why is it a prerequisite for ESPN employees to know nothing about what they are talking about? Yet guys like Les Grobstein who know their stuff don't get these sports media opportunities.

Also, Kuselias did indeed attend the Saturday game and as far as the crowd not being amped up, what the heck did the 39,000 fans have to cheer about? We got SHUT OUT! Kuselias then went on to praise the great fans of the Cards and Cubs and how you can feel the "electricity" walking up to the pearly gates of Wrigley or Busch Stadium and you just don't get that at US Cellular Field.

mr_genius
07-25-2005, 05:16 PM
What does this guy have against concrete?

he wanted the Sox to build their new stadium out of sparkly glitter and fluffy pillows

cheeses_h_rice
07-25-2005, 05:46 PM
he wanted the Sox to build their new stadium out of sparkly glitter and fluffy pillows

No, it really sounds like Eric wishes we could go back to the days of wrought-iron beams placed every 10 feet, so that half the views on the lower deck are obscured. We also should have built the park to accomodate about 28,000 comfortably, and then crammed in another 8,000 seats in silly nooks and crannies, and on top of a comically large left field wall that wasn't meant to serve as the support for seats. And then, to top it off, we should have built the outfield stands so that they push in the right field corner dimensions to 300 feet where even a wuss like Scott Podsednik could bash a couple out of the park, and leave so little room on the sides with a 3' wall that players are constantly having balls be interfered with by idiot fans. Oh, and don't forget the angled wall in Center Field, so that your CF can get kneecapped 20x a year.

:rolleyes:

Over By There
07-25-2005, 08:50 PM
If he thinks our park is bland, he should listen to himself on the radio. Yawn.

That "the worldwide leader" can find no one better to be on the air, nationwide, seemingly every day is a joke. Much like Mike Ogulnick locally, he's a charisma-less dolt that picks on us because we're an easy target. Seriousy, listen to any of EK's shtick for any length of time and you'll realize he has no original ideas - he steals most of his show ideas from other ESPN shows, which is scary in it's own right.

TomBradley72
07-26-2005, 12:32 AM
All this b.s. from the medial and the baseball "establishment" will make it all the sweeter when we win it all. That's the only cure: a championship.

elrod
07-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Why does a man with an obviously Lithuanian surname hate the White Sox? I thought all Lithuanian Americans grew up on the southwest side of Chicago and, consequently, love the White Sox.

ClaudelSleptHere
07-26-2005, 06:04 AM
You know, with all the competition there at ESPN (Mike & Mike, John "Farley" Kruk, Mullethead (have you noticed they call him "Cowboy" now?), Steve Phillips, "Gasping for Breath" Berman, etc.), I never thought any of these idiots could lay claim to being the absolute worst, but the more I see or hear Eric Ridiculous, the more I think we may have a winner.

Letmehearya
07-26-2005, 08:34 AM
These comments should come as no surprise from ESPN -

Eastcoast
Sports
Promotional
Network

I've been reading Hangar18's comments about media bias for a couple of years and remained skeptical until recently. Two recent and blatant examples come to mind: 1) When the cubs traded for Jody Gerut and the Cubune headline referenced "Former Sox fan Gerut" and 2) the fact that the Red Sox wins on Thursday and Saturday were the lead stories on Sportscenter while the Sox wins on Friday and Sunday were buried.

Kuzman
07-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Eric Casillias is the biggest idiot. I couldn't stand when he filled in for Mike and Mike and Dan Patrick, now I can't stand him even more. Comparing The Cell to Wrigley? I called him but he wouldnt put me on the air when I compared The Sox to The Patriots, on how we don't need all-stars to win. I even heard the operator take line 2 twice. So this douche was obviously passing me up becuase I had some kind of valid statement. Id rather listen to nails on a chalkboard then this idiot.

TornLabrum
07-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Eric Casillias is the biggest idiot. I couldn't stand when he filled in for Mike and Mike and Dan Patrick, now I can't stand him even more. Comparing The Cell to Wrigley? I called him but he wouldnt put me on the air when I compared The Sox to The Patriots, on how we don't need all-stars to win. I even heard the operator take line 2 twice. So this douche was obviously passing me up becuase I had some kind of valid statement. Id rather listen to nails on a chalkboard then this idiot.

You've also learned two valuable lessons in how talk radio works nowadays:

1) If you agree with the host, you stand a very good chance of getting on the air.

2) If you disagree with the host, the only way you will get on the air is if you sound like a boob.

nasox
07-26-2005, 11:32 AM
You've also learned two valuable lessons in how talk radio works nowadays:

1) If you agree with the host, you stand a very good chance of getting on the air.

2) If you disagree with the host, the only way you will get on the air is if you sound like a boob.

At least sports talk radio

PorkChopExpress
07-26-2005, 01:10 PM
He's on AM1000 again calling out White Sox fans to defend US Celluar and ripping on attendance.

MUScholar21
07-26-2005, 01:17 PM
He's on AM1000 again calling out White Sox fans to defend US Celluar and ripping on attendance.

Email is the best way-he claims he reads them all (not on the air) so you might plant an idea about us Sox fans in his head. Email him at danpatrickshow@espnradio.com and tell him why you love the Cell.

Whitesox4ever
07-26-2005, 01:19 PM
this guy is such a loser..

He just some east coast idiot who thinks the Sox have no shot vs the Twins cant believe he said that.
he sounds so dam jealous

Hangar18
07-26-2005, 01:39 PM
I've been reading Hangar18's comments about media bias for a couple of years and remained skeptical until recently. Two recent and blatant examples come to mind: 1) When the cubs traded for Jody Gerut and the Cubune headline referenced "Former Sox fan Gerut" and 2) the fact that the Red Sox wins on Thursday and Saturday were the lead stories on Sportscenter while the Sox wins on Friday and Sunday were buried.

You are Very Correct Eastern Seaboard Propoganda Network made
very sure to let the world know the RedSox won their game, but when they lost ......they made the Cardinals/Cubs the main story. Its total BS and Ive
been on to them for quite some time, and thankfully, everyone else notices too

Stroker Ace
07-26-2005, 01:54 PM
This hack is a total doucebag. All he can seem to say is that the park is bland, bitch about the attendance, and continue to say that he is a complete moron for not knowing how the Sox are winning. What a f------ drillrod.

owensmouth
07-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Expect more of this, as ESPN has been publically exposed during the last year. And wait for the playoffs when you see some major overt rooting against the Sox. And if we lose? They'll patent the word "fluke"

2 things have really exposed the lack of objectivity of ESPN to the naked eye (even though everyone knew they weren't objective).

First, was Gammons last year, running around Fenway, confessing his 40 years of owning season tickets and his undying love for the RedSox. Most knowledgable baseball fans he was a Boston writer, but at that point, the world at large learned he was a fraud. Gammons is a nice guy, he's not mean-spirited, but he's also not objective and he's presented as if he is.

Second, beginning in February, ESPN hyped Boston and NY baseball to high heaven. They ran ads for their season opener beginning in February. The greatest rivalry in sports. The WS showdown in April. It was an embarassment. Now there is a signficant risk that one doesn't make the playoffs, and a possibility that both don't. They're battling to earn a playoff berth, while the team they picked 3rd in the division they labelled the league's worst, is dominating the American League? They'll do their best to show that it really isn't domination, it's luck.

BTW Gammons, nice WS picks: Minnesota over the CubsI do believe you missed a rather obvious one: ESPN picking Jeter as the "Face of Baseball." This had a great deal to do with Pods getting that trip to the ASG. While I know that a lot of us voted for him, both early and often, we probably accounted for at most, 150,000 votes. I suspect that of the 3.9 million votes that Pods got, a lot of them were not only anti Yankee votes, but anti ESPN votes. They just coalesced around the front running non Yankee. This isn't to say Pods didn't deserve it, just that ESPN had a negative impact on their love child.

BigEdWalsh
07-26-2005, 02:14 PM

Eastcoast
Sports
Promotional
Network

Eastcoast
Really
Ignorant
C*^%$*c%er

Hey Eric, :whatever:

balke
07-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I don't even know what an Eric kusilious is. I've heard this guy on the show before, talking about how the NHL should've made contracts, so you only get paid if you win. The guys an absolute moron/jackass.

ChiSoxPatF
07-26-2005, 02:32 PM

The same thing happened to me. I was on hold for my entire lunchbreak. 45 minutes on hold:angry:. and they never answered my call. I told them that when playoff time comes pitching and defense wins championships and no top team in the AL had as good of pitching and d as the Sox. Oh, and his comments about the weak bullpen?! Has he watched a game all season!? CAN HE HONESTLY PICK THE BOSOX AND YANKEES OVER US FOR THE BULLPEN!?

I was livid for my entire lunchbreak,:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

samram
07-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Please do not be upset over Eric Kuseloser's comments. You all have better things to do with your time than spend one second of it seething over a back-up talk-show host whose opinion means nothing in any event.

Chisox003
07-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I don't even know what an Eric kusilious is. I've heard this guy on the show before, talking about how the NHL should've made contracts, so you only get paid if you win. The guys an absolute moron/jackass.

I honestly have never heard that name before

Oh well, **** him

I hope they keep ripping us....It's one thing to do it at the beginning of the season, but we're almost in August here people....

30+ games over isnt that bad

jdm2662
07-26-2005, 02:56 PM
He's just some east coast mope that is jealous and trying to cause stir. Don't listen. The less attention you give him, the lower his ratings, and hence, better chance he won't be on the air. (Then again, it's ESPN. So, who knows).
________
Vapor Genie (http://vaporizers.net/vapor-genie)

Kuzman
07-26-2005, 03:55 PM
He claims he has no east coast bias becuase he said the angels were good.

:dtroll:

Stroker Ace
07-27-2005, 01:15 PM
This guy is a complete and total jag. He bitches about how Sox fans had no energy when they were being shutout. If he were at Fenway or Yankmee Stadium, He would say that the fans live and die with the team. I thought I would never say this, but why isn't Dan Patrick back?

TornLabrum
07-27-2005, 01:21 PM
This guy is a complete and total jag. He bitches about how Sox fans had no energy when they were being shutout. If he were at Fenway or Yankmee Stadium, He would say that the fans live and die with the team. I thought I would never say this, but why isn't Dan Patrick back?

Dan has something like 12 weeks vacation written into his contract.

balke
07-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Has Dan Patrick ever ventured to the South Side? The radio show is out of Chicago right? He always talks about skipping out early to go to the urinal. I don't think know if he's even been to the Cell. I believe in the first couple weeks of the season he mentioned not ever making it to a Sox game before, but I may be mistaken. His shows been pretty lame lately with just him anyways. Kusillyiass is interesting, just really dumb. I can't believe some of the stuff I hear on there since he's filled in.

samram
07-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Has Dan Patrick ever ventured to the South Side? The radio show is out of Chicago right?

Patrick does the 6 PM Sportscenter, so he does the show in Bristol. Sporting News Radio is done from Chicago, but it's mostly guys from NY and Boston spewing crap about the Yankees and Red Sox.

Flight #24
07-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Eric TheSillyAss needs to go back and review his own comments. The Red Sox have a better offense, that's true, but the rotations and bullpens aren't even worthy of a comparison. And he himself says "that offense will have trouble scoring when scoring is down in October".....neglecting the fact that that hurts slugging offenses most of all, whereas one that manufactures runs is going to be less affected.

Seriously, is anoyone all that concerned about facing Wade Miller, Tim Wakefield, and Bronson Pinchot in the playoffs? Or the sterling bullpen including Chad Bradford, Mike Myers, and Mike Timlin? BoSox had better plan on scoring 8 runs/game in the postseason, assuming they get there.