PDA

View Full Version : All we need to do is....

White Sox Randy
07-25-2005, 01:32 PM
trade Timo, Harris, Contreras, Borchard, Anderson, Bajenaru, Fields, Tracey, McCarthy,Liotta and Marte for:

Burnett, Wagner, Griffey and Vizquel

There. That wasn't so hard.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-25-2005, 01:34 PM
trade Timo, Harris, Contreras, Borchard, Anderson, Bajenaru, Fields, Tracey, McCarthy,Liotta and Marte for:

Wow....how you're not a GM already is a mystery.

ShoelessJoeS
07-25-2005, 01:37 PM

uhhhh, is this a joke?

Mickster
07-25-2005, 01:38 PM

:bong:

UofCSoxFan
07-25-2005, 01:43 PM
:threadsucks and
:threadblows:
simultaneously.

White Sox Randy
07-25-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm just bored waiting for these trades to happen.

Seriously though, I would be willing to give up quite a few prospects because rarely do any of these guys become stars.

mdep524
07-25-2005, 01:54 PM

There. That wasn't so hard. I'm pretty sure we'd have to throw in at least Jamie Burke to get that done.

:wink:

Tragg
07-25-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm just bored waiting for these trades to happen.

Seriously though, I would be willing to give up quite a few prospects because rarely do any of these guys become stars.
I don't know why people are so offended by posts they don't like.
I don't know some of the prospects you mention, but if Bejanaru and Tracey (whom I know nothing about) are top prospects, you could get that done if we absorb all the money.
Burnett - Marte and MCarthy
Wagner - 2 top prospects and some junk
Vizquel - 1 or 2 medium and some junk
Griffey - 1 or 2 top prospects and some junk

Now that would be a buttload of money on our side as well.

RKMeibalane
07-25-2005, 02:45 PM

Actually, all we need to do is see that this thread ends up in the ****house.

HebrewHammer
07-25-2005, 02:49 PM
White Sox Randy, hmmmm, any relation to ChiSoxTony?

Optipessimism
07-25-2005, 03:00 PM
I don't know some of the prospects you mention, but if Bejanaru and Tracey (whom I know nothing about) are top prospects, you could get that done if we absorb all the money.
Burnett - Marte and MCarthy
Wagner - 2 top prospects and some junk
Vizquel - 1 or 2 medium and some junk
Griffey - 1 or 2 top prospects and some junk

Now that would be a buttload of money on our side as well.

Are you his brother or something?

We don't have that many top prospects. Burnett, Griffey, and Vizquel are all believeable because Burnett is the onyl guy we'd have to give up much for. But Wagner? Good luck trying to get the Phils to take our minor league scrap heap for him when a team like Boston would offer up major league players in a heartbeat.

Optipessimism
07-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Actually, all we need to do is see that this thread ends up in the ****house.

I think that happens very soon.

MIgrenade
07-25-2005, 03:05 PM

Nobody is offended, people are just annoyed. I hate the "This thread Blows" pics as much as anyone but this thread deserves it. It provides nothing new to what it going on in baseball or on the Sox. That's all.

White Sox Randy
07-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Apparently it interested you enough to make a comment on it. And, if you aren't interested in the thread, then why don't you just ignore it.

Do you get a chubby out of getting something sent to the roadhouse ?

Optipessimism
07-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Apparently it interested you enough to make a comment on it. And, if you aren't interested in the thread, then why don't you just ignore it.

Do you get a chubby out of getting something sent to the roadhouse ?

So you are the type who ignores the steaming pile of dog crap in your living room?

Tragg
07-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Are you his brother or something?

We don't have that many top prospects. Burnett, Griffey, and Vizquel are all believeable because Burnett is the onyl guy we'd have to give up much for. But Wagner? Good luck trying to get the Phils to take our minor league scrap heap for him when a team like Boston would offer up major league players in a heartbeat.
If the Phillies trade Wagner it means they are white flagging it to cut paroll - you cut payroll, you take the short end of the stick in terms of value, like we did when we trade Lee, like we did during our White Flag trade, like the Royals did when they traded Beltran.
I'm not conceiving of a normal, value-for-value trade; those happen in the offseason, not in mid-season.

Look at the Schilling trade, and identify the quality major leaguers Arizona got. Or for that matter, the quality major leaguers Arizona got when they traded Randy Johnson.

UofCSoxFan
07-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I think that last comment may have sealed this thread's fate.

Edit: referring to White Sox Randy's comment.

dcb33
07-25-2005, 03:16 PM
...convince Jerry to cell, sorry sell.

Optipessimism
07-25-2005, 03:39 PM
If the Phillies trade Wagner it means they are white flagging it to cut paroll - you cut payroll, you take the short end of the stick in terms of value, like we did when we trade Lee, like we did during our White Flag trade, like the Royals did when they traded Beltran.
I'm not conceiving of a normal, value-for-value trade; those happen in the offseason, not in mid-season.

Look at the Schilling trade, and identify the quality major leaguers Arizona got. Or for that matter, the quality major leaguers Arizona got when they traded Randy Johnson.

White Flag means giving up. If you mean that the Phils may decide that they do not have a very good chance to win this year, they will likely trade a guy like Wanger. He is a soon to be FA pitcher whom the organization knows would be difficult to resign so they would be trying to get something better than a draft pick or two for him. If this is what you mean, then I am with you there.

However, bringing up our White Flag trade it is totally different because ours indicated an entire rebuilding process. I don't see the Phils doing that.

Tragg
07-25-2005, 04:40 PM
White Flag means giving up. If you mean that the Phils may decide that they do not have a very good chance to win this year, they will likely trade a guy like Wanger. He is a soon to be FA pitcher whom the organization knows would be difficult to resign so they would be trying to get something better than a draft pick or two for him. If this is what you mean, then I am with you there.

However, bringing up our White Flag trade it is totally different because ours indicated an entire rebuilding process. I don't see the Phils doing that.

The Phillies are right in the race. They have 2 chances: WC and division. They'd be insane to deal Wagner. If they did, they've given up.
It's really hard to do value/value trades in mid-season. I know the Dodgers and the Marlins did one last year, but that's a trade, it's safe to say, that sucked for both teams.

mccoydp
07-25-2005, 04:44 PM
You left out Jorge Toca and Greg Norton. There, that seals it!