PDA

View Full Version : cubs win yet fans still whine

JermaineDye05
07-25-2005, 12:30 PM
I can't believe it but even after hitting a grandslam to win the gm cub fans have nothing to say about the win but just decide to whine about dusty having burnitz bunt which then had ramirez walk and perez hit a grand slam,, god who cares you won, im getting tired of hearing them whine on the score about it

zach074
07-25-2005, 12:39 PM
just decide to whine about dusty having burnitz bunt which then had ramirez walk and perez hit a grand slam,, god who cares you won, im getting tired of hearing them whine on the score about it

They wouldn't have even noticed that having Burnitz bunt would make Ramirez be walked unless the TV announcers has said it.

ilsox7
07-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Uhhh, take a look around WSI after a win and you'll see PLENTY of whining.

pudge
07-25-2005, 01:01 PM
I can't believe it but even after hitting a grandslam to win the gm cub fans have nothing to say about the win but just decide to whine about dusty having burnitz bunt which then had ramirez walk and perez hit a grand slam,, god who cares you won, im getting tired of hearing them whine on the score about it

We did this all the time in the JM era...

Frankly, if I were a Cubs fan, I'd be moaning about Dusty too...

Hangar18
07-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Notice how we dont see any of those IN DUSTY WE TRUSTY shirts anymore.
What a bunch of saps ........ heh heh Dumbest Fans in Baseball.

kittle42
07-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Notice how we dont see any of those IN DUSTY WE TRUSTY shirts anymore.
What a bunch of saps ........ heh heh Dumbest Fans in Baseball.

Yup, and the Trib sure knows how to manipulate them. Remember when they tried to run Sosa out of town about 4 years ago and then had to run a "we still love Sammy" campaign when he stayed? Then, they ran him out of town *again* last year. Can't wait to see the smear job they put on Wood when thye finally decide to dump him.

illinibk
07-25-2005, 01:17 PM
I guess the bigger question is why were you listening to the Score in the first place?

fquaye149
07-25-2005, 01:24 PM
honestly, I can see why they'd be upset.

At the time I was watching I thought it was a stupid move - no outs and runners at first and second with your cleanup hitter up and you bunt? A little overdoing it. You already have one runner in scoring position. You bunt, great, 2 runners in scoring position but now they can walk one your hottest hitters in Ramirez and get all the way down to Neifi Perez in the 6 spot.

Look - it worked out, but I mean, if you're LaRussa and you had a choice would you rather have to face Burnitz AND Ramirez with two men on and no outs or take your chances with a force at second, bases loaded situation with Neifi Perez and 1 out.

I think Larussa would choose the latter in a heartbeat. So basically Dusty GAVE him what would be the favorable situation for him.

Once again - it clearly worked out in the best possible way. But I still maintain it was not the right move.

itsnotrequired
07-25-2005, 01:42 PM
honestly, I can see why they'd be upset.

At the time I was watching I thought it was a stupid move - no outs and runners at first and second with your cleanup hitter up and you bunt? A little overdoing it. You already have one runner in scoring position. You bunt, great, 2 runners in scoring position but now they can walk one your hottest hitters in Ramirez and get all the way down to Neifi Perez in the 6 spot.

Look - it worked out, but I mean, if you're LaRussa and you had a choice would you rather have to face Burnitz AND Ramirez with two men on and no outs or take your chances with a force at second, bases loaded situation with Neifi Perez and 1 out.

I think Larussa would choose the latter in a heartbeat. So basically Dusty GAVE him what would be the favorable situation for him.

Once again - it clearly worked out in the best possible way. But I still maintain it was not the right move.

This is the correct analysis. How many times have the Sox won and we've complained about they way they accomplished it?

I'm picturing bringing The Viz in the top of the 9th with only a one run lead. He gives up the run to tie the game yet someone like Crede hits a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 9th.

Sure, you are happy with the win but will still be honked off at Ozzie for bringing The Viz in late with only a one run lead. Same situation in this game.

StillMissOzzie
07-25-2005, 01:44 PM

That would be the same Tony LaRussa that had Jim Edmonds bunt with runners at 1st and 3rd and 2 outs earlier in the game.

SMO
:gulp:

ilsox7
07-25-2005, 01:47 PM
That would be the same Tony LaRussa that had Jim Edmonds bunt with runners at 1st and 3rd and 2 outs earlier in the game.

SMO

I would guess he did that on his own.

fquaye149
07-25-2005, 03:22 PM

SMO

Substitute "Tony LaRussa" for "any manager ever":cool: If you as a manager wouldn't rather face Neifi Perez with one out and bases loaded than Burnitz with Ramirez on deck with no outs and runners on 1st and 2nd...well. i dunno.

Optipessimism
07-25-2005, 04:03 PM
I guess the bigger question is why were you listening to the Score in the first place?

Probably because ESPN 1000 has gone to hell.