PDA

View Full Version : Hyatt @ McCormick Place to the Cell

Niagara
07-25-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm going to be in Chicago next summer for a professional society meeting at the Hyatt McCormick Place for 3 days. I'm not familiar with that area, but it looks like it's in Chicago's version of BFE from the maps - the El doesn't appear to go anywhere near it. It's for work, so we won't have rental cars.

How would I get to the Cell from there? Cab?

StillMissOzzie
07-25-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm going to be in Chicago next summer for a professional society meeting at the Hyatt McCormick Place for 3 days. I'm not familiar with that area, but it looks like it's in Chicago's version of BFE from the maps - the El doesn't appear to go anywhere near it. It's for work, so we won't have rental cars.

I don't have the website at my fingertips, but I am pretty sure that there are CTA buses on Roosevelt that you could transfer to the Roosevelt stop on the Red line. I'll look it up and edit it in here.

Edit: That's www.transitchicago.com (http://www.transitchicago.com)

SMO
:gulp:

PS My little bro lives in a suburb of Topeka and used to work for KDOT

Sad
07-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Id take a cab...
McCormick is 23rd St IIRC and SOX park is at 35th

Hangar18
07-25-2005, 12:55 PM

SUPER SUPER EASY from there, by Cab which is the easiest and FASTEST way. You are literally 4 minutes from the park. McCormick place is at the junction of LakeShoreDrive and I-55 South.

The on-ramp for I-55 is at the front door of MCPlace, he'd get on heading south and literally 200 feet away is the Interchange Ramp for I-90/94.
Cab would take that heading south and the very first exit is 35th Street! You'd be barely saying hello to the Cab guy when you'd be pulling up to the front gates. Cab is Way faster, trust me

So.ILSoxFan
07-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Hey Niagra,

Just an idea...sometimes the local museums have a free "trolley" bus which will stop at several downtown L stations, not sure of any details, but you might be able to catch that close to the Hyatt...otherwise the walk isn't too far to the loop...

enjoy your stay :cool:

LVSoxFan
07-25-2005, 12:56 PM
You could cab it all the way, but it'd be much cheaper and easier to either cab it to the Roosevelt Green Line stop and take it to 35th (about a four block walk) or the Cermak/Chinatown Red Line stop (one stop away).

Roosevelt also has a Red Line stop underground, which will take you right to Sox/35th.

That's what I would do.

LVSoxFan
07-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Actually I'll amend this--Roosevelt's much farther North. You're right by Cermak. Just take a cab to the Cermak/Chinatown Red Line stop and you're one stop away from Sox park.

Quick, easy.

It is only 1/2 mile from your hotel to the Chinatown stop.

Ol' No. 2
07-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Id take a cab...
McCormick is 23rd St IIRC and SOX park is at 35thIt's only about 2 miles. It's been a while since I took a cab in Chicago, but I think the cab fare should be only a few bucks.

Blueprint1
07-25-2005, 01:32 PM
I live right there on Prairie and Cullerton. I am a block from McCormick place. I take a cab to the games sometimes it costs you about 5 dollars. If you want to take the redline just walk to Chinatown its only a few blocks away.

Iron Dragon
07-25-2005, 01:46 PM
We stayed at McCormick last summer, and we went to a Sox game from there. We walked the 10 or so (15, maybe?) blocks to the Red Line at Chinatown. But I would have preferred a cab ride back after dusk.

Blueprint1
07-25-2005, 01:55 PM
We stayed at McCormick last summer, and we went to a Sox game from there. We walked the 10 or so (15, maybe?) blocks to the Red Line at Chinatown. But I would have preferred a cab ride back after dusk.

its not that far.