PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Scheduling Gods!

Bucky F. Dent
07-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Although they went 6-4 over the last ten, the pitching has been a little suspect the last several games. Great time to get three nights in KC.

Lets tighten it up boys before we go bird hunting in Baltimore!

bigdommer
07-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Although they went 6-4 over the last ten, the pitching has been a little suspect the last several games. Great time to get three nights in KC.

I agree about the scheduling...it's nice to come off of 4 games with the BoSox with a vacation in KC.

However, I don't think the pitching was suspect. El Duque and Contreras rebounded with very stellar outings. Garland was his usual solid W. And the BurlyMon gets number 11 if Tadihito doesn't brainfart...twice!

The BoSox have the second best offense in the MLB with 5.46 runs a game. Against the Sox in a hitters park they scored 17 runs (4.25 a game), well over a run below their average. And some of those runs were unearned! I am not happy with the split, but I was happy with the pitching, overall.

downstairs
07-25-2005, 09:44 AM
Pitching is suspect!?

We gave up 6,4,3,4 runs to an offensive powerhouse (maybe the offensive powerhouse in the AL).

Offense was suspect, and defense wasn't stellar...

BainesHOF
07-25-2005, 09:47 AM
And the BurlyMon gets number 11 if Tadihito doesn't brainfart...twice!

Errors are part of the game. A pitcher needs to overcome them.

ChicagoHoosier
07-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Does anyone think the recent performances by Contreras (3 of 4 good outings) and El Duque on Saturday will make Kenny Williams less likely to give up so much for Burnett?

I agree wtih the other posters here and thought pitching was the strong point for us in this series. Mental mistakes, unlucky mistakes (Pods), and lack of timely hitting were bigger problems vs. the Red Sox.

gobears1987
07-25-2005, 09:59 AM
I think KW will be more inclined to go after BP help now. We have 4 good pitchers for the post-season. Remember El Duque's history in October. I want him that month.

cbone
07-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Does anyone think the recent performances by Contreras (3 of 4 good outings) and El Duque on Saturday will make Kenny Williams less likely to give up so much for Burnett?

I agree wtih the other posters here and thought pitching was the strong point for us in this series. Mental mistakes, unlucky mistakes (Pods), and lack of timely hitting were bigger problems vs. the Red Sox.

Well said, El Duque is coming into the form we need and JC was a horse yersterday.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Not to mention that while we get KC and the fading Orioles, Minnesota has to play AT New York and Boston! The Yankees are to the Twins what Oakland is to the White Sox. Can anyone else smell a 15-game lead by week's end?

mccoydp
07-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Not to mention that while we get KC and the fading Orioles, Minnesota has to play AT New York and Boston! The Yankees are to the Twins what Oakland is to the White Sox. Can anyone else smell a 15-game lead by week's end?

Remember, according to the Trib, the Sox are "slipping"...

TornLabrum
07-25-2005, 10:20 AM

I try not to count my chickens until I find out whether or not those eggs are hard boiled.

DaveIsHere
07-25-2005, 11:01 AM
I try not to count my chickens until I find out whether or not those eggs are hard boiled.

Agreed, do not take the Royals lightly, these are the games that we have to win because this is a team we should beat up on.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Nothing wrong with being a little cautiously optimistic - with the emphasis on optimistic. A real nut-job would've predicted an 18 1/2 -game lead by the end of business next Monday. If the Sox could pick up 4 games in 5 days to begin the second half, they have a good chance of picking up 3 1/2 games over the next 8 days (hence my 15-game lead prediction), especially given the two teams' scheduled opponents.

Iguana775
07-25-2005, 12:59 PM

I told myself i'd be happy with a 6-4 this last 10 games and that's what happened.

dcb33
07-25-2005, 01:21 PM
We're 9-0 against the Royals this year, so at some point those blind squirrels down Kansas City will find a nut or two.

denev1
07-25-2005, 02:31 PM

I'm no longer pushing for a huge lead, I'd rather us win the division and see the Twinks make the playoff's in the wildcard spot then have to face Oakland!