PDA

View Full Version : Daily Herald Blog:Positive Sox Comments!

davenicholson
07-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Apparently, there is a blog on the Daily Herald's on-line edition called "Beep". Or maybe that is the section name, which hosts various local bloggers. Anyway, I rarely read it, because it is obvious to me that I am *way* beyond the age of its intended audience. However, today's entry is pretty good and very pro-Sox. Here's an example from http://beep.dailyherald.com/clutch:

Red Sox fans stink. Case in point:

On the EL, back from Thursday’s game, Red Sox fans surrounded me. They are the most wretched scum outside of Wrigleyville (they are probably worse). A woman, sporting a pink BoSox hat, staying at the Hyatt O’Hare cackled:

“Don’t worry, we’re still waiting your Cubs to win…"

I was shocked by the ferocity of her statement. I wished a thousand Bill Buckners on her moranic words.

“You don’t matter anymore. Whatever you say, whatever you mumble, is irrelevant. Please don’t mutter a word.”

That’s what I told her. Her friend told her those comments don’t fly in Chicago. She was banished to silence the rest of her train ride.

BoSox fans are idiots. Like most East Coasters, they latch onto their myopic states. They don’t know anything outside their sphere.

Erik The Red
07-25-2005, 09:12 AM
You know what's almost more disgusting than that Bawston fan? This guy's grammar.

Clembasbal
07-25-2005, 09:53 AM
You know what's almost more disgusting than that Bawston fan? This guy's grammar.

It took me two minutes to figure out what that female Red Sox fan said to him. I should have given up, oh well.